Keeping Yoshimo [Alpha] v0.67 [BUGS]

Icendoan

While she may be referring to your post at PPG itself (several typos - I do them all the time, since I can't type!) recruiting a good english-as-a-first-language person to go over the stuff is a really good idea. An additional set of eyes means that thins you have read so many times that it makes perfect sense to you get caught.

Just ask folks who you you know are good posters/players to run through the files a few times before you start working through the alpha stuff and adding/creating more of the content. It will save you time later, when you go into full organized playtesting, as it will keep most of the discussions centered on "this neads fixing" rather than "line 125 of myMod.tra says 'tihs' when it should be 'this'."

The Bioware plan was to make him a ghost, right? So nope, in this mod he isn't killed off to begin with. Or you can keep him alive, let's say.
Did I ever mention that we were THIS close to bringing Yoshimo back to life (sort of) in ToB? Actually, he would have been undead, kinda...but Ilmater would have restored him to semi-life to repay his debt of guilt for betraying the PC (if that had happened...and, of course, if Yoshimo's heart had been surrendered to Ilmater). People would have gotten their full thief back (with some cool new abilities), and he would strike a tragic pose as someone who was waiting to die again...but wanted to die in peace.

Thanks for that link. It's not really where we want to take this, though, I don't think. We set out to make a rather simple mod, really. It never occured to us to try to accomplish what Bioware originally planned for Yoshi, though it is very intruiging to see what Bioware had planned...

After reading that I find myself thinking that in theory playing Yoshimo as a ghost with undead abilities sounds like it could be pretty cool, but I'm not sure how it would play out in practice... It might actually be more enjoyable as we're designing it, i.e., Yoshi remains alive, and has a subplot and quest to spice things up. I guess it depends on what his new ghostly abilities would be.

The mod is for players who like the character as we know him. And perhaps feel sympathetic toward him (he does get a raw deal). I assumed that most players would probably want to keep playing him as he is. We've added a few wrinkles to make it interesting, though.

Kulyok advises that the mistakes she noticed are periods or question marks missing at the ends of sentences. They must have happened from copying/pasting as Icen and I worked back and forth. I'll take a look at it again.

Ack, she's right! Right off the bat I'm finding quite a few instances of this. Icen, I'll send you you a new proofread copy of the three dialogues.

These errors are definitely the products of copying/pasting text adjacent to ~'s.

We've been a bit premature to offer an open Alpha test...

I'll add a caution to the posts I made at various sites seeking playtesters that they should not inldude this mod yet in a game that they already have planned for a lot of other mods. I.e., it would be wisest for playtesters to run a separate game with this mod just to help us get this thing working.

If you can playtest for us please post here, and we will add you to the workroom! You'll want to set up a separate game dedicated strictly to playtesting the mod, because there's bound to be lots of bugs.

You may want to do what I did and streamline the game's required quests via Ctrl+J, Ctrl+Y, Ctrl+R, use Shadowkeeper to give yourself gold to pay Galan, etc., in order to get to the point of departure from Athkatla for Spellhold. Took me a little under an hour to do that. None of our content fires until you arrive in Brynnlaw.

Archived