Yeslick leaving problem

magus448

Ok for some reason well after I have flooded the mines in chapter 7(I'm playing the Trilogy mod, I go pick him up after dropping him off somewhere, he talks to me then leaves after saying "I cannot waste any more time on your pointless meandering. If you will not try to destroy the Iron Throne mine, then I shall have to set off on my own". When I got him in the mines I never left and finished it with him in my party and I don't think I received a message from him complaining I was taking too long and go finish it. I tried looking over his variables that are active in my save and find nothing that should have him leave me. I've looked around at some forums (here and Spellhold studios) for the answer but all I found were his bug that has him leave and join repeatedly before you finish the mines if your taking too long.

As for the variables I've found: flooded is at 2 freeslav is 1and mine flood is 1, his X#YeslickRep is at 1 though I'm not sure what that means. Others don't exist according to the game that have to do with his reminder or demanding I flood it. Maybe his dialog script got messed up somewhere or a mod conflict. I'm sure if I use the cheat console to fix this but I'm not sure what variable to change. I may have to just leave him there and choose another cleric or a druid.

Edit:What I ment to say is when I talk to him he gives me that message then leaves.

Well, I am not sure I can help with this one; it may take a BGT'er.

The only dialog that has that line in a decompiled _YESLIJ.DLG after bg1npc install on EasyTutu is state 3, which is falsed out. This is confirmed on vanilla EasyTutu: we do not false that state (it is already false in vanilla). It will only play if it is linked directly from another dialog state, which it isn't.

IF WEIGHT #24 /* Triggers after states #: 4 8 13 36 37 38 47 48 56 58 59 60 63 65 66 68 74 76 80 87 104 108 139 even though they appear after this state */
~False()
~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from:
 SAY #86966 /* ~I cannot waste any more time on your pointless meandering.  If you will not try to destroy the Iron Throne mine, then I shall have to set off on my own.~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~LeaveParty()
EscapeArea()
~ EXIT
END

So it looks like there is something with vanilla BGT dialog handling that.

Our states which fire and allow him to leave all fire from conversations:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 31 // from: 28.4
 SAY #100465 /* ~Gah! I'd expected as much from one such as ye! I'm not takin' such from a common blaggard. I'll find me vengeance by meself, an' no thanks ta ye!~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~LeaveParty()
SetLeavePartyDialogueFile()
ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)
EscapeArea()
~ EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #28 /* Triggers after states #: 47 48 56 58 59 60 63 65 66 68 74 76 80 87 104 108 139 even though they appear after this state */
~Global("X#YeKaFight","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#YeslickLeave","GLOBAL",1)
Dead("kagain")
~ THEN BEGIN 40 // from:
 SAY #100757 /* ~That'll teach ye, ye gold-lovin' lout-fer-hire! Make yer excuses ta Clangeddin! Now... if ye'll excuse me, 'comrades', I gots me a grudge or two more ta settle yet. Outta me way!~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#YeKaFight","GLOBAL",2)
LeaveParty()
EscapeArea()
~ EXIT
END

etc. ( about three more blocks).

No Action, pending more information from BGT folks or replication on a BGT install - 11/25/2008

Archived