Bugs

coaster

SCSII as late as possible (last, for preference, though it copes with being before Tweakpack).
Well, not exactly, if you look at this, but almost, just a few tweak mods, exe hacks etc. misc. "preference tools".--> The last AI mod.

I said my preferred/recommended install order. Others are of course welcome to recommend differently.

A player recently reported an issue with a corrupted AI script to me and I was able to trace it back to Wheels of Prophecy. The corruption occurs due to a missing COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS line in the setup-wheels.tp2. Also, two spaces which are supposed to separate script triggers from each other seem to be missing as well. In order to fix that, this block:

// change monk and guard scripts to deal with the battle with Abazigal/Sendai and the possibility of an early attack on the monastery

COPY_EXISTING ~gpmerc.bcs~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~Die()~ ~Die()!Global("DMWWVillageAttacked","GLOBAL",1)~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~Heard([EVILCUTOFF],ALERT)~ ~Heard([EVILCUTOFF],ALERT)!Global("DMWWVillageAttacked","GLOBAL",1)~

Should be replaced with this one:

// change monk and guard scripts to deal with the battle with Abazigal/Sendai and the possibility of an early attack on the monastery

COPY_EXISTING ~gpmerc.bcs~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~Die()~ ~Die() !Global("DMWWVillageAttacked","GLOBAL",1)~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~Heard([EVILCUTOFF],ALERT)~ ~Heard([EVILCUTOFF],ALERT) !Global("DMWWVillageAttacked","GLOBAL",1)~
COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

BTW, this error uncovered an interesting quirk in WeiDU behavior. If you use DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF and then forget to include a COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS you'll end up with the decompiled contents of the BAF file inside a BCS file without any error report. Very odd.

In addition to aVENGER's fix I'd recommend changing the following lines in the TP2.

lines 168-170

WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~~ #8
WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~dw#cutme~ #32
WRITE_ASCII 0x2cc ~dw#cutme~ #8

lines 248-249

WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#wrmon~ #8
WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x280 ~%DEST_RES%~ #32

lines 304-307

WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#melis~ #8
WRITE_ASCII 0x250 ~cmage20a~ #8
WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~dw#melis~ #32
WRITE_ASCII 0x2cc ~dw#melis~ #8

lines 345-347

WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~dw#monme~ #32
WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#monme~ #8
WRITE_ASCII 0x2cc ~dw#monme~ #8

line 552

WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#vilat~ #8

line 567

WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#vilat~ #8

line 579

WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#ampp1~ #8

line 581

WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#ampp2~ #8

line 583

WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#ampp3~ #8

line 639

WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#amksd~ #8

line 646

WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#vime1~ #8

Well I edited the .tp2 and WoP installed ok....it would be nice to know what all these #8 additions to the .tp2 mean though.....anyone?!

Thanks for listing the fixes Avenger & ScuD!

I hope to be able to give some WoP feeback in.....a few months!

Well I edited the .tp2 and WoP installed ok....it would be nice to know what all these #8 additions to the .tp2 mean though.....anyone?!

Okay, here's what it means. The files in question are full of information at various points e.g. dialogue file names. In order to set new names we write over specific parts of the file.

Imagine the original file says "BLAHBLAH" at some stage. We want to change that so it says "WEASEL". If we just try to write over it with the word "WEASEL", it'll end up saying "WEASELAH" because we didn't write over those last two characters (and so the game would look for the file WEASELAH.dlg). If we put the #8 business it says "write the word I say and fill any left over space upto and including character 8 with blank space" and so it'd correctly say "WEASEL__" where the _s are blank space, which the game would read as the file WEASEL.dlg

Does that make some kind of sense?

Okay, here's what it means. The files in question are full of information at various points e.g. dialogue file names. In order to set new names we write over specific parts of the file.

Imagine the original file says "BLAHBLAH" at some stage. We want to change that so it says "WEASEL". If we just try to write over it with the word "WEASEL", it'll end up saying "WEASELAH" because we didn't write over those last two characters (and so the game would look for the file WEASELAH.dlg). If we put the #8 business it says "write the word I say and fill any left over space upto and including character 8 with blank space" and so it'd correctly say "WEASEL__" where the _s are blank space, which the game would read as the file WEASEL.dlg

Does that make some kind of sense?

That makes complete sense thank you. I was reluctant to change something without reason, so this makes me happy with my install :-)

Guest Fennek

Anybody here who has already heard of such an incident?

a) I start ToB and talk with the heads, everything is fine, their eyes burn etc.

b) I start ToB, save the game, load it (then an auto-save takes place) and the stones do not talk anymore, no fire in their eyes, nothing. I have no idea what to do then. Is this a feature? Cannot believe that...

1) The second block either destroys the assigned 'dw#vilat' script or you've meant to do something else

COPY_EXISTING
~behold01.cre~ ~override/dw#vibeh.cre~
~drofod02.cre~ ~override/dw#vidr2.cre~
~drofod04.cre~ ~override/dw#vidr4.cre~
~mindfl01.cre~ ~override/dw#viill.cre~
~goliro01.cre~ ~override/dw#vigol.cre~
~eyesek01.cre~ ~override/dw#visek.cre~
~eyeegl01.cre~ ~override/dw#viegl.cre~
~gorbat5.cre~ ~override/dw#vibon.cre~
WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~dw#vilat~
WRITE_BYTE 0x275 15

COPY_EXISTING
~eyesek01.cre~ ~override/dw#visek.cre~
~eyeegl01.cre~ ~override/dw#viegl.cre~
~gorbat5.cre~ ~override/dw#vibon.cre~
WRITE_BYTE 0x275 15

2) The 'cut236b.bcs' replacement - doesn't work because it decompiles as StartDialogNoSet, not StartDialogueNoSet.

COPY_EXISTING ~cut236b.bcs~ ~override~ // restore cut line from Sendai
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~"sengua02",StartDialog\(ue\)?~ ~"sendai",StartDialogue~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

Some Ascension typos as reported by Daulmakan in 2006 here are valid for Wheels of Prophecy v2 as well.

balth.tra:

@1091 = ~I have mastered the power within me and held the evil in check, but I know as well...if not better...then most of my brethren the threat that it holds for all of Faerun. I will not allow this. I have dedicated my life to preventing it.~

then -> than

@1112 = ~You're a weaker fool then I thought. Let's just end this now, shall we? I have an appointment with god-hood.~

then -> than

@1167 = ~It...it is true. I paid little attention to my men's actions, but I...I knew what they were doing. I thought it a great sacridice, necessary to maintain secrecy, to attain my ultimate goal that they, in their ignorance, did not know would benefit them more in the end. But...it is how we treat the most helpless of our brethren in the worst of times that marks the goodness of a man, does it not? I...I am ashamed, <CHARNAME>. I sought...only to do what was best for us all.~

sacridice -> sacrifice

@1174 = ~And despite what you might profess, I think the taint sits closer to your heart then you would have me believe. I must walk my own path, <CHARNAME>...and you must walk yours.~

then -> than

WARNING! SPOILERS!!! NO SERIOUSLY, SPOILERS!

asd

sad

sad

sad

dsa

dsa

sad

sad

sad

sad

sad

I'm having an issue with my install, I didn't even know that I could do the five in a different order as this was part of a BiGWorld MegaMod Plus install. :/

Anyways, I did it in the following order: Yaga, the Dragon Guy, the Drow then when I got to Balthazar, everything seemed to be going fine. I convinced him we should fight Mel together, said I would refuse the taint, he said he felt safe and then offed himself. Then nothing. I should have been triggered into the final challenge conversation with the Solar back in my pocket plane, but that didn't happen. I've poured through the dialogs and responses using NearInfinity and I can't see what was supposed to trigger. If you could tell me a CLUA command that would either let me reset the Bal encounter so I could try again or something I could put into the tlk that would let me fix this I would appreciate it.

Archived