Bugs

coaster

Hm. Some strange things are going on in Sendai's Enclave, and I don't mean those ilithids waving their tentacles. :)

So. My PC and her cohort of the damned first got rid of Balthazar, then slew Abazigal and his minions (Korgan insisted on keeping the heads of all killed dragons, but fortunately the others talked him out of it). Then, they travelled to Sendai's hideout with great speed, cutting their way through hordes of drow. No foe could oppose them... accept one. A bug. ;)

Everytime I try to go further into Sendai's Enclave after killing the guard (the one wielding two katanas) and taking the key from his corpse, there is a cutscene showing Melissan, Sendai, Diatha and the ilithid with some strange name. That's nothing unusual, but after Melissan casts a spell the cutscene is not a cutscene anymore. It switches to normal view, everyone is silent, and my poor party is imprisoned in the corner of the screen forewer. What should I do?

Guest Andraste

When I went back to the Grove after convincing Balthazar to join me, there were two Nabassu who seemed to have trouble with their scripts. They had red circles but just say there and did nothing while I killed everything else and stabbed them to death. I didn't really mind as I hate fighting *&%$ing mariliths and had enough to do, but I thought someone might want to check it out *g*.

I also wanted to say: great mod! It made ToB way more satisfying from a roleplaying point of view. In particular, I've always found it frustrating that you can't talk Balthazar round in the vanilla game, and I'm a wuss who's never been brave enough to install Ascension. Having him along for the final fight was great fun, and I appreciated his epilogue.

What paths have been tested and are bug-free atm? Might have to play through tob before a v2 comes out :thumbsup:

Well, this is a late response, but maybe some others could benefit from it.

I was kinda cautious so I´ve played through Wheels of Prophecy using one of two vanilla paths (Sendai - Abazigal - Balthazar) and all worked well.

Obviously I´ve missed some new content by leaving Balthazar last but there was still quite a lot of new dialogues present, as well as new events.

I also had SCSII´s Improved Abazigal installed, as well as Longer Road (just for added character pictures and the pocket plane story part - I didn´t add mod´s character into my party) and Ascension and noticed no problems on said path.

All of new content I´ve experienced blended seamlessly into the game and really enhanced its roleplay factors.

All extended dialogues emphasized the political aspects of the story and in the end made it more intriguing, with better flow, and the extension of pacting with Balthazar was particularly nice.

The writing was excellent.

So, to those who are vary of potential bugs, I´d recommend to instal WoP beta anyway and deal with Five in one of vanilla orders and it should be ok. The added Wheels´ content is certainly worth it.

Finally, I´d like to thank DavidW for making this great addition. So, thanks!

First time playing this, using v.2. Good so far but I've encountered a problem with the path I've taken.

[WARNING: spoilers]

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

I initially confronted Balthazar in Amkethran but left when he asked.

Next ran through Sendai, before returning to Amkethran.

Decided to try Balthazar again. Told Melly to stick it. She killed Balt's monks and resurrected them as Bhaal-touched. I fought these then attacked her. After whaling on her for a bit, she gives some dialogue about being happy with my victor. It then gets stuck in a cut scene with my party whaling on Melly but nothing happening.

(Press Window key and shut down client via the taskbar).

Retarted BG client. Tried again. Same result.

Restarted BG client. Tried again. This time I paused during the battle (to collect my party and get them out of the way of one of Melly's many Horrid Wilting spells) and whole thing locked up. Had to turn PC off manually using the button.

Anyway, there seems to be a problem with this battle.

My Weidu log, for reference:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

~ANGELO/SETUP-ANGELO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Angelo NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v3

~ANGELO/SETUP-ANGELO.TP2~ #0 #1 // Angelo's alternative portraits -> Angelo's portrait, edited by SisterVigilante

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies

~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v2

I don't think there's much here to blame - I've played Angelo before and he's not caused any problems at all, and all the UB components I've installed are SoA specific.

Another small problem (not one I care about, to be honest, but some people will if it affects them) I had was that in some of the larger battles, the fighters just stood their with their thumbs up their (well you get the picture). Caster/cleric/thief AI seemed fine but the fighters (and giants) stood waiting for me to hit them. This has happened in the north forest, Yaga battle outside Saradush and Oasis (although I've not got further than that). I can't think any of the other mods I've used would be affecting this and it's the first time I've seen it.

Hi, sorry you're having this problem. I actually have no idea what's going on, as this is a path I've tested myself (and just retested now) and I can't reproduce the problem. The nearest I can find is that if Balthazar is killed (or rather, reduced to 1hp, in which case he flees) during the fight with Melissan, that can lead to problems - but that doesn't sound like the issue you're encountering?

Try using the console to kill Melissan at the start of the fight. (It helps to pause v. quickly after she spawns the bhaal-touched, otherwise she'll go invisible). If that doesn't work it might shed some more light on the problem; if it does, you should be able to carry on.

I can't think of any way WoP could be affecting the AI of the various fighter-types you mention, either... I actually wonder if your install's got a bit messed up and it's worth reinstalling. (If you avoid deleting the dialog.tlk file when you do a clean reinstall, you can keep your savegames).

Well I simply went back and did Abazigal before Balthazar (the traditional way) and had no further problems.

I'm wondering if it was something to do with the install as well. I initially installed WoP 1 and then noticed a newer version (2) was available. As I hadn't started even SoA at this point, I uninstalled v1 and installed v2. They were installed last in my log so it shouldn't have been a problem, but you never know - modding doesn't seem to be an exact science. :D

Well I simply went back and did Abazigal before Balthazar (the traditional way) and had no further problems.

I'm wondering if it was something to do with the install as well. I initially installed WoP 1 and then noticed a newer version (2) was available. As I hadn't started even SoA at this point, I uninstalled v1 and installed v2. They were installed last in my log so it shouldn't have been a problem, but you never know - modding doesn't seem to be an exact science. :D

Oh... yes, possibly. v1 had quite a few problems, so if somehow some fragment of it hung around, that would explain the issue.

It then gets stuck in a cut scene with my party whaling on Melly but nothing happening.

I´ve had the same problem during my recent playthrough using v1.

Whole party plus planetar beating Mel for eternity.

I thought the problem was similar to that with trolls - script not running due to too much damage received.

So when I got Mel to badly hurt I just left most of the party doing nothing and stopped beating on her altogether just before her speech (or just after, before the cutscene takes place, my memory´s rusty) and it worked.

It then gets stuck in a cut scene with my party whaling on Melly but nothing happening.

I´ve had the same problem during my recent playthrough using v1.

Whole party plus planetar beating Mel for eternity.

I thought the problem was similar to that with trolls - script not running due to too much damage received.

So when I got Mel to badly hurt I just left most of the party doing nothing and stopped beating on her altogether just before her speech (or just after, before the cutscene takes place, my memory´s rusty) and it worked.

Again, there are embarrassingly many small problems like this in v1, but hopefully they're all fixed in v2.

I'm playing v2 and I've run into a series of oddities.

The order I intended to play the mod was: kill Abazigal, enter the Monastery to get Balthazar to join me, kill Sendai.

- I was in Abazigal's Enclave and got an entry in my journal telling me I needed to go to Amkethran to get some rope, but I'd already been given some it the captive monk.

- I just entered the Monastery and defeated Melissan after killing Abazigal. When Balthazar talks to me after the fight, at some point during the conversation i hit a "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" message, and the dialogue breaks.

Managed to get through the conversation with Balthazar, even though many branches are broken. One of the options leads to him saying he'll join, but he actually kills himself and the game considers him dead for all purposes. Another leads to him saying he'll join the PC to fight Melissan. The he says that she did not resist capture and he'll have her brought in - despite us having already fought her. Dialogue ends, PC gets sucked to the pocket plane, dialogue with the solar flows smooth, PC goes back to the Monastery and Balthazar speaks again. This time he claims he doesn't know whether Melissan is really dead and where she is, I reply I'm ready to fight Sendai. Dialogue ends, Melissan and the four adherents appear out of the blue like in the cutscene - for the second time - but they just stand there and do nothing. At the same time a monk barges in and announces Sendai's army is in Amkethran. Balthazar teleports away, but the damned monk just won't shut up and starts the same dialogue over and over, until Balthazar is actually gone, then he runs to the PC and keeps saying his line. I had to ctrl-j away. *Player's head asplodes.* No, not really, but I'm worried my game is messed up beyond hope.

I'll go on and let you know if there are any other problems.

Looks like I'm stuck. Killed Sendai but nothing happens and Balthazar is nowhere to be found.

Urgh... something's obviously got very messed up here. Sorry about that - especially as your route through is one that I tested. Could you post your WEIDU.log? Also, when did you install WoP - at the start of the game?

I installed it last just before BG2 Tweaks. In the log it appears last because I tried to uninstall-reinstall it.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in  Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter both from Kelsey and other NPCs)
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: ToB - Version 2
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Alternate Kelsey portrait set #2 by Karse Soze (hooded Kelsey) (set 3 of 3)?
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Ilyich (requires ToB)
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Ritual (requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components): v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #30 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #40 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #50 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #60 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy Harm spells reduce target to 1 hit point; player Harm spells do 150 hp of damage: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #70 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #80 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #90 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #105 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #110 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #114 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level): v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #120 // Remove the Shield of Balduran from the game: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #130 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #140 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #145 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #150 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #155 // Replace +1 magical weapons with Fine ones: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #160 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #170 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #175 // Faster Bears: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #184 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 120,000 gold pieces: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #187 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #195 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #201 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #220 // Smarter general AI: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #230 // Better calls for help: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #236 // Potions for NPCs -> About half of all unused potions on dead enemies are retrievable by the party (the rest are assumed to break): v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #238 // Improved Spiders: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #239 // Give fiends more staying power by increasing their hit points (this component has no effect unless Improved Fiends is installed): v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #240 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #250 // Smarter genies -> Genies have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #260 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #265 // Give dragons more staying power by increasing their hit points: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #270 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #281 // Smarter beholders -> Upgrade the hive (borrowed from Quest Pack) and give beholder rays some chance of burn-through: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #292 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have enhanced damage resistance; Illithids can see through invisibility (matches Tactics mod): v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #300 // Smarter githyanki: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #310 // Enemy mages use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages): v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #320 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #330 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #335 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #341 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> All ToB mages who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #351 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> All ToB priests who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #361 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> All SoA mages who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #371 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> All SoA priests who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #375 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #380 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics): v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #381 // Slightly Improved Drow: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #383 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #385 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #386 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #387 // Improved Shade Lord: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #390 // Improved Sahuagin: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #392 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #394 // More resilient trolls: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #396 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #398 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> Original Tactics Improved Bodhi with SCSII scripting: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #399 // Improved Vampires: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #403 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Maximum difficulty: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #410 // Improved Minor Encounters: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #412 // Improved Random Encounters: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #415 // Give SCS II style AI to Ascension enemies: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #420 // Ease-of-use party AI: v7
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #430 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v7
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.01
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.01
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.01
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.01
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.01
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v4.01
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.01
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.01
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.01
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #11 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v4.01
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #12 // Shadow Thief Improvements: v4.01
~SETUP-GMINION.TP2~ #0 #0 // gMinion v1.8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3141 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Non-Silly Version
~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v2

Archived