Tentative Cernd- Del banter...

Bri

Well, to try and keep some of what I said earlier, here is a banter, though it is still being worked on:

Delainy: *growls*

Cernd: “Don’t take that tone with me young lady. And unlike the others, I know what you said. I can assure you, it is a physical impossibility.â€Â

Delainy: “I’m sorry Cernd. I didn’t mean to snap at you like that.â€Â

Cernd: “And yet you did. Would you care to tell me what troubles you?â€Â

Delainy: “What makes you think I’m troubled?â€Â

Cernd: “Delainy, don’t be obtuse. I may be human, but I have embraced the wolf. And for all you wear a human form, you are also a wolf at heart. I would have to be blind not to see the quiver of your hind leg, or your surreptitious sniffing of the air. Something is troubling you.â€Â

Delainy: “It…it is the pocket plane. I don’t know how much longer I can stay there without going mad. It feels like a prison. Don’t you miss the feel of the earth, the kiss of the wind, the turning of the moon? I thought the cities could be overbearing, but this plane…â€Â

Cernd: “You are not the only one to feel it, Delainy. As a druid, I may even feel it more keenly. I feel the change of seasons, the pulse of the earth as she births, grows, and then sleeps--and there is none of that in the pocket plane.â€Â

Delainy: “And yet, you remain calm in the face of all that. Doesn’t it bother you?â€Â

Cernd: “To some extent, yes. However, one must learn to adjust to what is happening around them. Does the sapling give up when there is no water present? No, it sends its roots even further, to establish itself…which is something you must do.â€Â

Delainy: “I should dig a hole, and bury myself?â€Â

Cernd: “Don’t jest with me. What I am saying is you are letting your wolf-self overcome your human-self. So, while you’re in the pocket plane, let your human-side loose…and when out, let your wolf out.â€Â

Delainy: *growls*

Cernd: “Don’t take that tone with me young lady. And unlike the others, I know what you said. I can assure you, it is a physical impossibility.â€Â

While I have trouble to see Cernd saying "don't take that tone with me", it had me laughing as soon as I remembered Cern is a Shapeshifter. :)

Does the Werewolves have words for lady, or man? I do know some stories where they just call the younger ones 'pup', but maybe that ain't fitting for Del.

Great conversation about the plane, but is it Del that starts with a "growl" just like that, or has she and Cernd talked earlier?

Does the Werewolves have words for lady, or man?

Yep. In fact, each lycanthropic race is assumed to have their own language as well.

However, as it is a variety growls, whines, postures, shiftings of the tail, etc., that is hard to convey.

"growl" just like that, or has she and Cernd talked earlier?

She starts with the growl mostly because she is frustrated with being in the pocket plane, and Cernd just happens to be the one who could understand.

And no, normally Cernd would not use such a phrase either, but when a wolf does act like a young child/cub...

Anyways, as mentioned earlier, it still needs some work on it.

Archived