Feedback

Mike1072

Hi, I have some questions:

1. Where in the game do I find the Mercykiller Ring? I'm a big fan of this item, even if it costs a lot.

2. Staff of Rynn - Am I right in thinking that you can only buy this in Chapter 6?

3. Heartseeker - I think it's a little strange having an ability that has the same name as the weapon itself (imagine Carsomyr having a Carsomyr ability). Perhaps change it to Heartseeking?

4. Suryris's Blade - I'm no English expert, but the name looks odd. Are you sure it shouldn't be "Suryris' Blade"?

1. I "disabled" it because it was too similar to other SR's rings and I didn't have a unique bam for it either (though I even slightly expanded its background in a first place). Let's say I hate most of bonus merchant's items as they are poorly done imo, generally lacking in all respects: they didn't write decent backgrounds for them, they didn't care to make them balanced, they didn't even work on bams for them, and so on.

2. You can buy it in the Underdark, from a drow merchant.

3. Hearthseeking is fine for me, will do.

4. I took it from vanilla's 'Halberd +2' description. I simply moved it from the description to the main name to make it more clear it's a unique item and not a plain +2 weapon.

Guest Guest
Answers

Thanks.

I was hoping to find a ring that boosts Hide in Shadows and Move Silently by 20%, but I suppose the Ring of the Phantom partly makes up for the loss of the Mercykiller. The Ring of the Phantom looks nice - where in-game might I find it?

And just to be on the safe side, it's "Heartseeking" not "Hearthseeking" (unless the bow is attempting to find you a nice, cosy fireplace). :blush:

Guest Guest

Regarding Longtooth +2 (with its additional +3 bonus to attack rolls), assuming this mod one day affects Tutu/EasyTutu items, won't this be a bit overpowered?

Guest Guest

I don't think you get Longtooth until right at the end of the game, though, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Still, +3 really is a huge boost.

Guest Guest

Regarding the "Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons" component(s), I find myself wondering if using it means that it's a mistake to give a thief (+ multis and duals) anything other than what's in the No Penalty grouping. Coupled with the Short Sword of Backstabbing being in the game, should every thief I use get the SS/NT proficiency? I'm torn on what to do. I don't want every thief to have the same proficiency, but I also don't want to gimp my thief by giving him a weapon that'll make him less effective.

Regarding the "Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons" component(s), I find myself wondering if using it means that it's a mistake to give a thief (+ multis and duals) anything other than what's in the No Penalty grouping. Coupled with the Short Sword of Backstabbing being in the game, should every thief I use get the SS/NT proficiency? I'm torn on what to do. I don't want every thief to have the same proficiency, but I also don't want to gimp my thief by giving him a weapon that'll make him less effective.
For backstabbing purposes I indeed intended to make daggers and short swords much more appealing than any other weapon...but for a fighter/thief who's going to fight a lot in melee switching to a long sword or a blunt weapon may come quite handy depending on the situation.
Guest Guest*

Greetings

subject: about TUTU compatibility

Could someone help?

I saw in readme, that only main component doesnt affect TUTU.

So other components (global changes,..) can be used with easyTUTU (for "BG1" of course)?

also, any Install order tips?

thanx.

So other components (global changes,..) can be used with easyTUTU (for "BG1" of course)? Also, any Install order tips?
"Can..." Yes. Installation tip is that all the other but the first component should be installed after any item overwriting mod, and if you wish those changes take presidency, you'll install the components last after the other item changing none overwriting mods.
So other components (global changes,..) can be used with easyTUTU (for "BG1" of course)?

Most definitely.

also, any Install order tips?

thanx.

The global changes should go after every other mod that adds/modifies items except for erik's Full Plate & Packing Steel mod (it should be installed after IR - see its readme).

Guest mercurier

Gauntlet of Power Attack

Thanks to this item I can sling a normal bullet at anyone, inflicting 200+ damage! :crazyeyes:

Test environment: SoA+Tob+IR

Gauntlet of Power Attack

Thanks to this item I can sling a normal bullet at anyone, inflicting 200+ damage! :crazyeyes:

Test environment: SoA+Tob+IR

Ehm...my fault again, it's fixed in my install but I didn't update the hotfix because I couldn't believe this could have really happened! These gauntlets currently give +2 bonus to damage, and then -2 to damage with missile weapons (because I'm dumb as there's an opcode to simply raise melee damage only), but if your missile weapon deals 1 point of damage it probably happens what you are describing.

It's fixed, and it will be in either the next hotfix or IR V3, whichever comes first.

Some bugs and my humble opinon about some items if you allow me :crazyeyes: : Some thinks are really minors :

Dragon slayer + 3 : effects of heroism are indissipables.

staff of the woodlands + 4 : if a druid equip this staff, he can't use barksin anymore (at least spell revision version) even after unequiped the staff.

bag of plenty + 1 : description indicates : unlimited of +3 bolts (instead of bullets)

bag of plenty + 3 : description indicates : a bag of plenty + 1

stone of good luck : it's surely intentional but bonus don't appears in record (exept % for thief)

Carsomyr +4 : still provide 25 RM. Protection from evil (level4) don't work on a character wielding carsomyr

Smider boot of stealth : I am not sure but It seems this boot also protect to hold in my game. (considering web is very powerfull, I would prefer this boots protect to hold instead of web)

boot of etherealness : I think magic resistance don't work

boot of rapidity : don't you think it could be more "fun" to have a walk animation like "haste" ?? I have sensation that the wielder is surfing... (same for grandmaster armor and Traveler's Robe)

grandmaster armor + 5 : +1 attack/round don't appears in description.

====> grandmaster haste is compatibility with ring of free action, same for Traveler's Robe but boot of speed are not . Is it intentional ?

flame of the north + 2 and cloak of nature's vengeance : deal damage if ennemy attack whith spell in a short distance even with a spell like breach ( but it may be intentional) . If an ennemy use offensive spell at long distance or a ranged weapon, the sentence "one of the spell have failed" appears. ( with magic missile, sentence appears 5 time). very minor and it surely normal ( just in case it is possible to avoid this sentence)

Futhermore, some unique items appears twice in game (especially in TOB). Do you think it could be interressing to update description or remove some of them ( I think especially about boot of speed and ring of fire)

Dragonslayer

Dragon slayer + 3 : effects of heroism are indissipables.
You're right, I'll make them dispellable.

Staff of the Woodlands

staff of the woodlands + 4 : if a druid equip this staff, he can't use barksin anymore (at least spell revision version) even after unequiped the staff.
I just tested it and it works fine in my game...the staff correctly has an "instant/while equipped" effect to prevent Barkskin from affecting the wielder. It wouldn't matter if SR is installed or not anyway, as the .spl effect for Barkskin is still the same in both cases.

Bag of Plenty

bag of plenty + 1 : description indicates : unlimited of +3 bolts (instead of bullets)

bag of plenty + 3 : description indicates : a bag of plenty + 1

Bad typos, will fix.

Ioun Stone of Good Luck

stone of good luck : it's surely intentional but bonus don't appears in record (exept % for thief)
Yeah, luck bonuses are hardcoded and don't appear in the character records. You should also be able to see the +1 to saves though, and they do are visible in my game.

Carsomyr

Carsomyr +4 : still provide 25 RM. Protection from evil (level4) don't work on a character wielding carsomyr
You're right about the 20% still being 25%, but the other issue surely isn't related to IR.

Spider's Boots of Stealth

Smider boot of stealth : I am not sure but It seems this boot also protect to hold in my game. (considering web is very powerfull, I would prefer this boots protect to hold instead of web)
They shouldn't protect from Hold Person/Monster. These spell use 'Hold Creature Type' opcode whereas the boots protect from 'Hold Creature' opcode which is used by Web. Due to the extensive background I've written for them there's a good reason they are protecting from Web instead of Hold.

Boots of Etherealness

boot of etherealness : I think magic resistance don't work
Thanks for reporting it, wrong target, will fix.

Boots of Speed

boot of rapidity : don't you think it could be more "fun" to have a walk animation like "haste" ?? I have sensation that the wielder is surfing... (same for grandmaster armor and Traveler's Robe)
I suppose by boots of rapidity you mean Boots of Speed, right? Sorry but changing BG animations isn't within my power.

Grandmaster Armor

grandmaster armor + 5 : +1 attack/round don't appears in description.

====> grandmaster haste is compatibility with ring of free action, same for Traveler's Robe but boot of speed are not . Is it intentional ?

Yeah, the +1apr should be mentioned. I'll fix the Boots of Speed once and for all to make them fully compatible with any version of Free Action, even non-SR ones. Sorry for the issue.

Flame of the North & and Cloak of Nature's Vengeance

flame of the north + 2 and cloak of nature's vengeance : deal damage if ennemy attack whith spell in a short distance even with a spell like breach ( but it may be intentional) . If an ennemy use offensive spell at long distance or a ranged weapon, the sentence "one of the spell have failed" appears. ( with magic missile, sentence appears 5 time). very minor and it surely normal ( just in case it is possible to avoid this sentence)
Unfortunately both things are hardcoded, else I would have fixed these two issues gladly (Fire Shield spells have the same issues). I do have tried everything to remove at least the displayed string "one of the spell have failed", but nothing worked.

Multiple Unique Items

Futhermore, some unique items appears twice in game (especially in TOB). Do you think it could be interressing to update description or remove some of them ( I think especially about boot of speed and ring of fire)
I do take these things into account and IR's Boots of Speed background does mention that there are several pair of them. I probably have to slightly re-write Ring of Fire description tough.

Archived