Feedback

Mike1072

What do you have in mind for IR v3? Other than bugfixes do you intend for additional randomization or the like?
Personally I'm against randomization due to the hard work I usually dedicate to give appropriate backgrounds to items, and because I generally prefer them to be placed in an appropriate place.

V3 shouldn't have tons of new things (unless there are more items to work on than I think), but I'd like to add one or two new features we discussed (Armor Physical Resistance, and the Parry system), and finally grant TuTu compatibility.

Just got into SoA and gotta say..WOW. Didn't fully realise what the core component of this mod actually did until now. Excellent work!
Yeah, there's more behind it than it seems. :(

Still can't get the "Fine Weapons" from SCSII to use your weapon changes though :/
Masterwork weapons is the same, isn't it?
Yeah, masterwork weapons are more or less the same as fine weapons, and the two components have the same goal.

Damn, I should have just installed the Masterwork ones from the beginning. Its annoying having half the Flails in the game still do 1d6 damage etc etc. I tried to patch the weapon changes over the top of SCS but doesn't work, which raises an interesting question...

If you install mod A then mod B, then later Re-intall a component of mod A will it count as loading after mod B then? or you have uninstall the whole mod then reinstall it again?

If you install mod A then mod B, then later Re-intall a component of mod A will it count as loading after mod B then? or you have uninstall the whole mod then reinstall it again?
When you reinstall a previously installed mod, you actually just uninstall all the previous mods first, and then re-install the uninstalled mods par, then if it has more parts it asks what to do, and if it doesn't have them, the WeiDU installs the next mod in the line... so you are actually probably doing nothing. What you need to do is to manually uninstall the previous mods, and then uninstall the mod B, then uninstall mod A, and then install mod B, and then install mod A, if ou wish the order to be ...B, A, C, D... instead of A, B, C, D...
When you reinstall a previously installed mod, you actually just uninstall all the previous mods first, and then re-install the uninstalled mods par, then if it has more parts it asks what to do, and if it doesn't have them, the WeiDU installs the next mod in the line... so you are actually probably doing nothing. What you need to do is to manually uninstall the previous mods, and then uninstall the mod B, then uninstall mod A, and then install mod B, and then install mod A, if ou wish the order to be ...B, A, C, D... instead of A, B, C, D...

Aha! Thank you, but....just tried uninstalling all the mods after them then switching their order completely and still didn't work. Damnit! I wish people wouldn't write misleading stuff in the readme like:

"Ashes of Embers should be compatible with pretty much any mod under the

sun, with the exception of the kits."

Which leads me to spend all night thinking I must be doing something wrong and doing several reinstalls lol

Is the Belt of Inertial Barrier's power supposed to cause the pink explosion whenever you are in combat? Isn't it possible to remove the animation?

Also the shield that is suppposed to protect from knockback doesn't seem to work for me, maybe because I am using SCS?? Just fought Firkragg and he knocked me back with impunity

p.s. All of the changes are great!! some useless weapons are now useful again, +3 items are more rare...i even uninstalled Item Upgrade as its kinda redundant *gasp*

Is the Belt of Inertial Barrier's power supposed to cause the pink explosion whenever you are in combat? Isn't it possible to remove the animation?

Also the shield that is suppposed to protect from knockback doesn't seem to work for me, maybe because I am using SCS?? Just fought Firkragg and he knocked me back with impunity

Are you using the latest hotfix? As these two problems seem old issues which should be fixed by it.

p.s. All of the changes are great!! some useless weapons are now useful again, +3 items are more rare...i even uninstalled Item Upgrade as its kinda redundant *gasp*
I'm glad you're enjoying it, and yeah, I don't recommend to use IU with IR myself. Not because I think it's a bad mod (I loved it) but because conceptually they slightly clashes with each another.

plop :(

carsomyr + 5 : dispell magic don't work on allies. (maybe also for carsomyr +4)

holy hora : I am not sure if it works correctly. (stats don't appear)

Rune hammer + 4 : provide only +10% RM (instead 15%)

It seems that weapons elemental damage interrup spellcasters even if themself are protected from elemental damage at 100% . (I have do the test with Ice star +4 and storm star +4 and a spell like flame arrow). Is it intentionnal ?

Are you planning to rebalance potions ?

Carsomyr +5

dispell magic don't work on allies. (maybe also for carsomyr +4)
Dispel magic on hit or the x per day ability? The former should be impossible as the dispel opcode is directly applied on hit and doesn't look for any "flag" (alignment, allegiance, ...), the latter uses the actual cleric spell and thus seem almost impossible unless the cleric spell already does this.

holy hora : I am not sure if it works correctly. (stats don't appear)
My fault, the description is not update, but I had to remove the holy aura due to issues caused by the "cast spell on condition" opcode.

Rune hammer +4

provide only +10% RM (instead 15%)
You're right, will fix.

Elemental Damage

It seems that weapons elemental damage interrup spellcasters even if themself are protected from elemental damage at 100% . (I have do the test with Ice star +4 and storm star +4 and a spell like flame arrow). Is it intentionnal ?
I can't do nothing about it. :D

Potions

Are you planning to rebalance potions?
Yes, for V3. :(

Archived