Feedback

Mike1072

Are you using the latest hotfix? As these two problems seem old issues which should be fixed by it.

p.s. All of the changes are great!! some useless weapons are now useful again, +3 items are more rare...i even uninstalled Item Upgrade as its kinda redundant *gasp*
I'm glad you're enjoying it, and yeah, I don't recommend to use IU with IR myself. Not because I think it's a bad mod (I loved it) but because conceptually they slightly clashes with each another.

I will see about getting it thanks. For some reason I was looking in the SR thread for the hotfix :/ Haha yeah in most cases the upgrades are not as good or totally different to the normal item now, you would get maybe +1 AC but lose all the funky IR abilities

I know you are going to say this is beyond the scope of this mod, but it would be nice if some boss enemies had some of these items to make them tougher. The Belt is *very* powerful, as I found out when a vamp got lucky and charmed Korgan, who then preceded to turn us into mush :(

If SCS Torgal had this belt I would literally cry

I know you are going to say this is beyond the scope of this mod, but it would be nice if some boss enemies had some of these items to make them tougher. The Belt is *very* powerful, as I found out when a vamp got lucky and charmed Korgan, who then preceded to turn us into mush :(
Actually I had in mind to do something like that, though only to a certain extent. I?ll probably do it sooner or later.

Carsomyr +5

About carsomy, I spoke about x per day ability. It never dispell allies effects ( I usually use it to dispell charm or confusion) and maybe I have get no chance but also on ennemy in my game.
Very strange because as I said I had Carsomyr use the very same .spl file used by cleric's Dispel. I'll look into it as soon as I finish SR V3 and I start to concentrate my work on IR.

Hi Demi,

Will you revise Scarlet Ninja-to +3 sold by the secret merchant? I see it missed in IR2. If I remember right it is the only *unique ninja-to* in SoA, so shall we make it really special? I suppose you may want to remove the INT-draining effect and nerf the attack bonus per round, then little is left... Currently I can't think up any ability to match its background, maybe you have better ideas :D .

Addtionally, I'd prefer the class restriction removed, unless its abilities require "Ki" or some sort of mental channeling between the blade and user. :(

I'd like to suggest a very minor change: Large shields have in Item Revisions been given a +4 ac bonus. This is to me a little too much, and especially so in BG1, where a starting character with a large shield and any decent armour will be pretty much unhittable by many of the early enemies. I suggest making this +3 instead of +4.

I'd like to suggest a very minor change: Large shields have in Item Revisions been given a +4 ac bonus. This is to me a little too much, and especially so in BG1, where a starting character with a large shield and any decent armour will be pretty much unhittable by many of the early enemies. I suggest making this +3 instead of +4.

Personally I like the way it is now.

And what would you do with the Thac0 penalty? The -2?

Personally I like the way it is now.
Mee too.

Scarlet Ninja-to

Hi Demi,

Will you revise Scarlet Ninja-to +3 sold by the secret merchant? I see it missed in IR2. If I remember right it is the only *unique ninja-to* in SoA, so shall we make it really special? I suppose you may want to remove the INT-draining effect and nerf the attack bonus per round, then little is left... Currently I can't think up any ability to match its background, maybe you have better ideas ;) .

Addtionally, I'd prefer the class restriction removed, unless its abilities require "Ki" or some sort of mental channeling between the blade and user. ;)

If I remember correctly it doesn't have int-draining abilities but poison and +1 apr. The class restriction was there to make the +1 apr bonus very limited (unless exploited via UAI), but I don't like both things. :) We'll see what we can do about it.

Large Shields

As other players already pointed out these shields come with a -2 penalty to thac0, and at low levels this penalty is quite noticeable even for a fighter (you'd have base thac0 22 at 1st level and 20 at 3rd level).

The problem as I see it is that, while -2 thac0 will make the fighter or paladin more prone to miss, their excellent ac will pretty much make them immune to physical damage in atleast the early game, because no one will ever hit them. So the -2 to hit doesn't matter much, because they can take their sweet time anyway, not being in any real danger.

But obviously I'm the only one who feels this way, so the point is moot. :)

If I remember correctly it doesn't have int-draining abilities but poison and +1 apr. The class restriction was there to make the +1 apr bonus very limited (unless exploited via UAI), but I don't like both things. :) We'll see what we can do about it.

Again I messed something up... ;) . It is Kachiko's Wakizashi +3 (WAWAK.ITM) sold by the secret merchant that drains wisdom on hit. Same as Scarlet Ninja-to, it was not revised by IR2. I guess you hate the wis-draining effect very much ;) . Also I'd like to mention that a joinable NPC from the mod Tortured Souls wields another wakizashi which is identical to this one except the filename (KASWOR01.ITM).

BTW, the original Scarlet Ninja-to sounds OK to me as long as there is the class restriction ;) .

The problem as I see it is that, while -2 thac0 will make the fighter or paladin more prone to miss, their excellent ac will pretty much make them immune to physical damage in atleast the early game, because no one will ever hit them. So the -2 to hit doesn't matter much, because they can take their sweet time anyway, not being in any real danger.
Well, if 2xdamage from 1 out of 20 is immune then yes, but as the damage is quite much for the monsters critical hit's, it might not the preferred approach.

The shroud of flame caused by Angurvadaal is so so sweet! Spell failure extravaganza!

The summon shadow spell on Spectral Brand is a little lol. Assuming you have 2 creatures summoned already you get 3 shadows and 7 "you cannot control more than 5 creatures at a time"

Demi,

BG1NPC project introduces a ring that according to description raises the Charisma of the wielder to 18. Together with IR, this increase is of only 1 point (and I do welcome it!). Could you please make a BG1 NPC check and, if positive, amend the text description so that the charisma modification is reported correctly?

The item is x#ringro.itm

Demi,

BG1NPC project introduces a ring that according to description raises the Charisma of the wielder to 18. Together with IR, this increase is of only 1 point (and I do welcome it!). Could you please make a BG1 NPC check and, if positive, amend the text description so that the charisma modification is reported correctly?

The item is x#ringro.itm

We don't modify that item....

Archived