Feedback

Mike1072

A suggestion about implementing Dak'kon's Zerth Blade

Item-dependent script rather than a change to baldur.bcs

Since I have no modding experience I'm not sure whether this would work...

We can make Dak'kon's Zerth Blade conversable like Lilarcor +3, and add a level checks behind the dialogue to determine whether to give the wielder the upgraded version and destroy the old one.

Note that a high-level character can upgrade the blade and then pass it to his/her low-level companions, therefore I recommend adding level restrictions to upgraded versions.

Dak'kon's Zerth Blade

Since I have no modding experience I'm not sure whether this would work...

Maybe we can make Dak'kon's Zerth Blade conversable like Lilarcor +3, and add some level checks behind the dialogue to determine whether to give the wielder the upgraded version and destroying the older one. Note that since a high-level character can upgrade the blade and then pass it to his/her low-level companion, level restriction shoud be added to the upgraded versions.

Yeah, I had something like that in mind, but I'm not sure when such a feature will be implemented.

Edit: the "level restriction" though is not implementable.

Yeah, I had something like that in mind, but I'm not sure when such a feature will be implemented.

It'd be great if I can see it in the next release of IR :)

Actually I found a field named "Minimum Level" in the item property table when I opened one with NearInfinity. I set the minimum level of the usual leather armor +1/+2/+3 to 6/7/8 and tested them with Minsc, Jahiera and Imeon at the begining of SoA and they worked just fine :crazyeyes:

Edit: BTW, there is already a solution for this blade in Baldurdash Weidu v166 which seems (to me) to have scripts run as long as a character possesses (or equips) the blade. Maybe you can tweak it or cooperate with its author. :)

Guest Guest

This isnt really a revision, but anyway: the globes you get from the machine on the 5th level of watchers keep all have the same description, so theres no way of telling what each one does...maybe this was deliberate by the designers, I dunno..

It'd be great if I can see it in the next release of IR :)

I cannot promise anything, as I have IR V3 and SR V3 on the soon to be released things to do, and my favourite project at the moment is Kit Revisions. ;)

Actually I found a field named "Minimum Level" in the item property table when I opened one with NearInfinity. I set the minimum level of the usual leather armor +1/+2/+3 to 6/7/8 and tested them with Minsc, Jahiera and Imeon at the begining of SoA and they worked just fine :)
Cool, I never tried it.

Edit: BTW, there is already a solution for this blade in Baldurdash Weidu v166 which seems (to me) to have scripts run as long as a character possesses (or equips) the blade. Maybe you can tweak it or cooperate with its author. :crazyeyes:
I'll take a look at it thanks. Anyway it shouldn't be too difficult to make such a tweak, it's just that it requires time, and I don't have too much time to spread on all over the things I'd like to do.

This isnt really a revision, but anyway: the globes you get from the machine on the 5th level of watchers keep all have the same description, so theres no way of telling what each one does...maybe this was deliberate by the designers, I dunno..
I don't remember them well right now...I'll look into it.

Hi everyone,

first of all thanks for the great modification and I read all the stuffs which this mod changed. But then I got an idea and thought "hey, tell the developers of this project, maybe they would be interested".

Well, it's about the armor and speed penalty part. If there are dexterity and speed penalties (installed only speed penalty so far) then why isn't there a reward for a higher strength value?

E.g. Minimum requirements of a full plate are 15 STR, for every +1 STR point more you receive a speed bonus of +5% while wearing a full plate armor. In other words, if you have 17 STR you got only a speed penalty of 20% instead of fully 30% with 15 STR.

The table would look like this:

STR -> Speed penalty in a normal full plate

15 -> 30%

16 -> 25%

22 -> 0%

But on the other hand you shouldn't receive a speed bonus with higher STR than 22 (With 23 STR +5% speed bonus in a full plate e.g.)...

Just a suggestion, maybe I will get one or another idea later when I finished the whole game, at the moment I'm still trying to install many mods without fighting each other ( :crazyeyes: ).

first of all thanks for the great modification and I read all the stuffs which this mod changed. But then I got an idea and thought "hey, tell the developers of this project, maybe they would be interested".
First of all I'm always glad to see new members, and even more if they enjoy our mods! I'm always interested in any suggestion/feedback, thus feel free to post whatever you think (obviously regarding the mods in question!) whenever you wish. :)

Well, it's about the armor and speed penalty part. If there are dexterity and speed penalties (installed only speed penalty so far) then why isn't there a reward for a higher strength value?
I think at least another player suggested it some time ago, and yes, it makes sense...but its implementation is quite difficult and it would considerably reduce the whole tactical feature of having speed penalties.

The only way I can think of to implement it would be via scripts. I'm not even sure it can be done, and I'm almost sure it would be a pain to do. I'm sorry... :crazyeyes:

First of all I'm always glad to see new members, and even more if they enjoy our mods! I'm always interested in any suggestion/feedback, thus feel free to post whatever you think (obviously regarding the mods in question!) whenever you wish. ;)

I think at least another player suggested it some time ago, and yes, it makes sense...but its implementation is quite difficult and it would considerably reduce the whole tactical feature of having speed penalties.

The only way I can think of to implement it would be via scripts. I'm not even sure it can be done, and I'm almost sure it would be a pain to do. I'm sorry... :)

Well, I looked in this thread for any hints before I posted but I guess it was in another thread.

About the idea, well, I already tried to add some effects with NI but couldn't get any satisfying results and now I get what you meant... and like I said, maybe I get one or another idea later. :crazyeyes: Which is easier to implement, too. :)

I know you said the main component doesn't work with Tutu, but if you cut and paste the "Characteristics Set by Items" from item_rev to the override it works fine >:crazyeyes:

You just have to rename a couple items e.g. brac06 to _brac06. The item descriptions will probably be messed up...but I can live with that :) I always loved this component

I know you said the main component doesn't work with Tutu, but if you cut and paste the "Characteristics Set by Items" from item_rev to the override it works fine >:)

You just have to rename a couple items e.g. brac06 to _brac06. The item descriptions will probably be messed up...but I can live with that :crazyeyes: I always loved this component

Actually I think items descriptions will be fine, if I'm not wrong putting a "_" before the .itm files (like you did) is the only thing required to make IR work in TuTu.

Well, all you have to do is go to your BG2 directory, and find the item_rev folder. Inside of this folder, there is a file, called "item_rev.tp2" or "setup-item_rev.tp2". It is a normal text file.

Open it in Notepad (or a text editor of your choice, but I don't recommend MS Word, it does weird things), and find the lines which say something like:

COPY ~item_rev/itm/xxxxx.itm~ ~override~
<various other bits and bobs, like:
 SAY NAME1 @X
 SAY NAME2 @Y ect.>

You can use Near Infinity to find the item file needed (depending on how well Mike and Demi have commented it, it shouldn't be needed. Use CTRL-F to find your item file in the TP2). Once you have found the blocks of code needed, simply enclose them in /* <code> */. It should look like this:

/*
COPY ~item_rev/itm/xxxxx.itm~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 @X
SAY NAME2 @Y
*/

Right up until the next COPY command, including all the ENDs and the BUT_ONLYs and the BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES' and so on. If there are lots of COPYs, go with the indentation as a guideline. :crazyeyes:

Demi wrote a guide on this somewhere.

Icen

Problem is : I know how to comment stuff, that's not a problem

But if I comment these items, they won't be modified at all, and i want them to be modified, except for the "Give a bonus to attribute" replacing the "Set attribute to X".

That's why I'm asking an optional component :crazyeyes:

Well, then, it is a little harder.

Get an editor like Near Infinity or DLTCEP (DLTCEP is easier if you are new, NI is better as it gives you slightly more information). Open external file (item_rev/itm/youritem.itm), and simply replace the Strength Bonus parameter 2 (you could do it with WeiDU, if you were a real ninja) to 1 (or whatever set attribute usually is) and then parameter 1 to whatever you want to set it to. :crazyeyes:

Icen

Stat-setting equipments were nerfed into stat-bonus ones, while potion of agility and potion of xx giant strength remained untouched :( . Potion of xx giant strength are abused by enemy in BG1 with SCS: those fighters dealing nearly 20 damage each blow are real meat grinders!

Archived