Feedback

Mike1072

Guest Another Stupid Guest

Wow, thank you guys for the quick reply!

I guess the readme was really misleading, because now I see your point and it does make sense. So I'll install this component even if it becomes optional later.

By the way, I would like to ask you a question regarding installation order (it may be a bit off-topic but I couldn't find a more fitting thread for it). Can you tell me if the following installation order would be ok for Item Revisions?

Ascension - Fixpack - BGT - Item Revisions (1st component only) - Various Quest/NPC/Item Mods - Spell Revisions - SCS I - Rogue Rebalancing - SCS II - Tweak Mods - Item Revisions (other components) - One Pixel Productions - Widescreen

Thanks again!

By the way, I would like to ask you a question regarding installation order (it may be a bit off-topic but I couldn't find a more fitting thread for it). Can you tell me if the following installation order would be ok for Item Revisions?

Ascension - Fixpack - BGT - Item Revisions (1st component only) - Various Quest/NPC/Item Mods - Spell Revisions - SCS I - Rogue Rebalancing - SCS II - Tweak Mods - Item Revisions (other components) - One Pixel Productions - Widescreen

That looks fine to me, so long as you skip the following One Pixel Productions components:

* V2 -> Everything but Potions

* Legacy BG1 Buckler, Small Shield, and Medium Shield Animations

Their content is included in IR's main component and installing them after it may lead to some minor graphical inconsistencies.

Ascension - Fixpack - BGT - Item Revisions (1st component only) - Various Quest/NPC/Item Mods - Spell Revisions - SCS I - - Rogue Rebalancing - SCS II - Tweak Mods - Item Revisions (other components) - One Pixel Productions - Widescreen
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)

- Fixpack - BGT - Item Revisions (1st component only) - Various Quest/NPC/Item Mods - Spell Revisions - SCS I -

~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP

- Rogue Rebalancing - SCS II - Tweak Mods - Item Revisions (other components) - One Pixel Productions -

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate v7.1 - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons -> New Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...: v7.1

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Use new Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well: v7.1

- Widescreen

More? BWS etc.

Does the "Remove Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Clerics" also apply to Dual-classed? When I try to dual Charname from Fighter to Cleric he loses his Longsword Grandmastery, but that could just be me not being clear on what counts as an ability to be locked down when you dual-class.

Does the "Remove Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Clerics" also apply to Dual-classed? When I try to dual Charname from Fighter to Cleric he loses his Longsword Grandmastery, but that could just be me not being clear on what counts as an ability to be locked down when you dual-class.

Yes, that component also applies to dual-class characters. Once you reach a higher level as a cleric, you'll regain your fighter proficiencies and be able to use swords again.

Yes, that component also applies to dual-class characters. Once you reach a higher level as a cleric, you'll regain your fighter proficiencies and be able to use swords again.
Yeah, he needs to have his Fighter Class re-activated which is done by gaining 1 level more than the original class... the actual component firstly allows the use of the weapons for the Multi- and dualed classed chars, and allows them to reach the grand mastery even after the Dualing process.
Guest Guest* Kerzenburg

First of all nice mod and great work. :p

I am trying a BWP install and was just questioning why there are some components of 1PP integrated in item revisions v2 just like short flame sword?

Are these integrated components improved or are they absolute the same as in 1PP?

Keep it on and I am just awaiting item revisions V3.

I am trying a BWP install and was just questioning why there are some components of 1PP integrated in item revisions v2 just like short flame sword?

Are these integrated components improved or are they absolute the same as in 1PP?

I wouldn't say that any of the components have been improved, but some of them have been adapted to work with IR. The 1PP installer isn't aware of changes IR makes to the items, so IR takes care of applying the 1PP content to its items.

IR also uses some beta 1PP content (shields, helmets) not included in the main 1PP installer.

Guest guest_pol

Hi, I've tried this mod and I'm impressed so far.

Just wondering if anyone knows, is it possible to install Zyraen's item nerfs (from pocketplane) after Item revisions?

Just wondering if anyone knows, is it possible to install Zyraen's item nerfs (from pocketplane) after Item revisions?
Mmm, they're probably not fully compatible...but I'm wondering why you'd install such mod after IR considering IR already nerfs most of those items or alter them quite consistently. Which item/ability do you still want to nerf?
Mmm, they're probably not fully compatible...but I'm wondering why you'd install such mod after IR considering IR already nerfs most of those items or alter them quite consistently. Which item/ability do you still want to nerf?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I thought some items like the Fury, the Wave, and the sword of Mask are still too strong (maybe more powerful than before) with IR. Well, I suppose I don't have to use them.

Could I install Zyraen's nerfs first, then install IR with these items commented out?

Which item/ability do you still want to nerf?
I thought some items like the Fury, the Wave, and the sword of Mask are still too strong (maybe more powerful than before) with IR. Well, I suppose I don't have to use them.
Celestial's Fury is unchanged in terms of combat abilities, I've only changed its two special abilities: Lightning Bolt now hits only 1 target a la SR, while Batto is a beefed up version of vanilla's AoE Blindness (it's mostly a cosmetical change, but this ability is the only improvement over vanilla's CF). This weapon is a little tricky because it's indeed overpowered within most of SoA, but it's perfectly fine within late SoA and ToB imo. I left it as per PnP simply because I assumed (I know I shouldn't) most IR players are also SCS players, which makes this weapon much much harder to obtain. I've never received much feedback asking to nerf this weapon but I'm open to discuss it if necessary.

Sword of Mask being more powerful than before is questionable instead, as vanilla's Entangle (its animation was really out of place imo) allowed no save, while IR's Hold does. Then I'm not sure I can compare vanilla's Level Drain with IR's II effect...both are really powerful and effective. Anyway, I surely didn't nerfed this sword, as it has to be the most powerful short sword in the game imo, but it's also so much different from its vanilla's version that comparing them is difficult. I'd suggest you to try it out (if you didn't ) and let me know how you feel about it. If it really is too powerful (I dind't tested it myself much) I'm surely not against finding a way to nerf it a little.

Could I install Zyraen's nerfs first, then install IR with these items commented out?
Yes you can, it's the best way to proceede if you want to use Zyraen's nerfs imo.

Archived