Berelinde HELP!

Guest LadyRolePlay

Guest LadyRolePlay

This is what happened: We finished Gavin's second quest and turn it in at Temple. At the temple is a fellow who asks us to go to Restford, the Bonehill mod. We're the right level so I say yes.

While there, the messenger finds us for the third Gavin quest. Well we can NOT get off the island there UNTIL we finish out Restford, the mage won't transport you OUT!

I am on the way to finish it out, after having put Gavin off twice, and he just up and leaves! I've loved having him for my good aligned party and now I am without a badly needed cleric and without him. Is there any variable or CLUA command I can use to reset Gavin so he stays and doesn't up and leave us in the middle of the wilderness.

I have the meaga mod install and I just can't leave the island right now as it is Pellter or whoever who transports you on and off

ty

Guest LadyRolePlay
Gah. I had no idea about the Bonehill mod. I'll see if I can give you some commands to type in to make him wait it out, OK?

At least you know the messenger goes everywhere! We were out in middle of nowhere in another mod when he found us :)

I am trying to play through the very last part of it before Gavin up and takes off.

just a bad situation I ran into w/ having finished his second quest and that mage from there wanting us to go there.. right level etc.. and of course I the slowest baalspawn ever! I'll let you know if I can finish all of it before he takes a hike

Guest LadyRolePlay
This is what happened: We finished Gavin's second quest and turn it in at Temple. At the temple is a fellow who asks us to go to Restford, the Bonehill mod. We're the right level so I say yes.

While there, the messenger finds us for the third Gavin quest. Well we can NOT get off the island there UNTIL we finish out Restford, the mage won't transport you OUT!

I am on the way to finish it out, after having put Gavin off twice, and he just up and leaves! I've loved having him for my good aligned party and now I am without a badly needed cleric and without him. Is there any variable or CLUA command I can use to reset Gavin so he stays and doesn't up and leave us in the middle of the wilderness.

I have the meaga mod install and I just can't leave the island right now as it is Pellter or whoever who transports you on and off

ty

There's too much travel time, sheer time makes it impossible :)

I am going to do something very out of character and let him die before the time is up *sighs*. BH is okay, very dungeon heavy and hack and slash, and don't really want to replay it, so my boy will die. Pellar ports you back to the Lathandar temple and I'll get him up there and go on with his third quest

You do know that if you let him go, he'll be waiting outside the temple for you, don't you? He'll even give you a synopsis of the quest instructions so you don't have to go talk to Ormlyr. Your offense level will go up by one, but I've never heard of anybody having the romance or friendship end because he gets too ticked off.

You do know that if you let him go, he'll be waiting outside the temple for you, don't you? He'll even give you a synopsis of the quest instructions so you don't have to go talk to Ormlyr. Your offense level will go up by one, but I've never heard of anybody having the romance or friendship end because he gets too ticked off.

I thought I would be hosed with him :)

And I've been getting along so splendidly with him to! I didn't want to miss the chance to do the third and final quest, which I know you wrote yourself, and you're a wonderful author.

In my review on Bonehill I told them, a pretty good mod but that their worst shortcoming is lack of either a short walk through, or giving some journal entries to help out JUST LITTLE!

Near the end, what I did was just make a save, and kept playing on through, til I knew exactly where to go and what to do.. then went back to the save with Gavin, and made it through... .... with about thirty minutes to spare I figure.. :(

Ohh my gosh if you think Xan is gloomy and Kivan grouchy, you should of heard the comments of those two, cause we never rested. I kept trying to explain to them, and Gavin about that mad mage that just would NOT let us go until we were ALL done. When that mage said you know.. I want to find out what happened to .. the light keeper's body.. I wanted to scream back.. NO NO.. I don't care about the dead gnome, I got three party members ready .. to rend me limb from limb. Ajantis dragged the ranger along, and I grabbed Xan by the collar and .. dragged them along the last few hours in a rush to get out of there.

Seriously .. you do a great job!

Your screen name is well earned! You really got the most out of that experience, from the sound of things.

I'm glad you were able to figure out a way to get it to happen, but I'm so going to have to figure out a way to prevent him from leaving if the party is somewhere like that dungeon in Bonehill, or Ice Island, or the Isle of Balduran, or really even Durlag's Tower or the Cloakwood mines. After all, if the hero can't get out of wherever it is, he can't, either. He might be a goof, but he isn't stupid.

Archived