theacefes

Guest Posting Disabled Temporarily

If they have a meaningful question then they can take a few moments to sign up.

Some will, but very few.

When I want to post a comment about a movie or a hotel(no hot water!) on a movie/tourist sites, I never register. And if the website requires a registration, I just leave it and never return.

So there's a risk that a player will simply uninstall the mod instead of registering.

Except that asking for help is completely different than commenting on a movie.

You're asking for other people's time and attention in both cases. And in both cases, should the site make you do unpleasant task of registering, it's all too easy to turn around and walk away.

You're asking for other people's time and attention in both cases. And in both cases, should the site make you do unpleasant task of registering, it's all too easy to turn around and walk away.

I do agree with you, Kulyok. It is most annoying to register to something just to report a minor bug. So I think it'll be best with guest posting enabled.

Maybe IPB supports OpenID or non-generic authentication via gmail/yahoo/major site.

Maybe IPB supports OpenID or non-generic authentication via gmail/yahoo...
And I used neither of them before I was forced to do so to register to gmail and yahoo to access files... and I have already forgotten what I put into those, as I actually drop them right after. :mad:

Considering the troll guests nowadays even register I guess the guest posting can be left disabled. :mad:

(I am also for enabling guest posting as a principle thing.)

I'm pretty sure this isn't a democratic policy (you can argue about it if you want, but your opinion isn't actually causing anything to change).

G3 allows guest posting.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a democratic policy
And that's a good thing! Why, because it's not up to us the users to monitor the thing, but the responsibility of the Administrators, and the possibly Moderators job.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.