V2 Hotfixes (Outdated)

Demivrgvs

Link for Item Revisions at top of G3 main page leads to page for v2

That page leads to v2 download

That page also leads to the v2 readme

The v2 readme (of course) is also included in the v2 download

That readme leads to this thread.

This thread says it is for the current version.

No indication along the way that I shouldn't bother with v2.

For two weeks I've been cracking my skull on readmes and forums, install orders and compatibilities and what choosing how I want to play and what I want installed. Doing my homework diligently. I didn't know v3 existed until today. Nobody reads forums cover-to-cover; until I get the lay of the land, I use search for what I know I need to know through clear and direct paths. And like anyone else I expect anything that's front and center "here you go, this is the XYZ mod" would be current and supported. I've already installed v2 and too many things besides. Had I found out about the v3 maybe 24hrs earlier I'd be glad to play and test it, but I'm hurting to play and frustrated so moving on. Next time around.

I know keeping track of everything and having up-to-date info everywhere isn't fun. But I've found the info to sometimes be too scattered and inconsistent to prevent a newcomer getting massively comfused in the entire process. Causes us low-level newbs to run away, wander aimlessly, or take a few swings at allies before it wears off. :)

I didn't know v3 existed until today. Nobody reads forums cover-to-cover; until I get the lay of the land, I use search for what I know I need to know through clear and direct paths. And like anyone else I expect anything that's front and center "here you go, this is the XYZ mod" would be current and supported. I've already installed v2 and too many things besides.
Sorry, I pinned V3 topics (they are always on top of all topics) and unpinned V2 topics letting them go lost in old pages (until you resurrected this one), but the main G3 link still leads you to V2 files indeed (though it's not G3 admin's fault, it's my fault for keeping the beta up for so long).

Furthermore I wrongly assumed that anyone interested in this mod would either visit these forums (where either me or Ardanis always lurk around at least a little bit) or attempt a BWP install (which already uses V3 as Adanedhel says).

I should have my connection back at home within 1-2 days (damn fastweb, it took ages) and then I'll hopefully be able to better fix all this mess by releasing a final V3 and erasing any trace of V2. :D

Archived