Talos' Fury +2

Combat Abilities:

Returning: returns to the wielder's hand instantly after an attack is made

Shocking: deals 1D6 additional points of electrical damage

THAC0: +2 bonus

Damage: 1D8 + 2

Damage type (melee): piercing

Damage type (thrown): missile

Notes: "replaces" vanilla's Halcyon. The most noteworthy change is that I've made it a throwing spear, other than that the electrical damage has been increased from +1 to 1D6, and enchantment lvl has been raised by 1.

Spear of the Unicorn +2

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to charm and hold effects

Saving Throws: +3 bonus vs. death

Notes: unchanged.

Backbiter +3

*CURSED*

Combat Abilities:

Keen: +10% chance to score critical hits

Vicious: inflicts additional 2D6 points of damage to the target and 1D6 points of damage to the wielder

THAC0: +3 bonus

Damage: 1D8 + 3

Notes: added the keen ability and 2D6 additional damage, while the damage inflicted to the wielder has been changed from 3 to 1D6. It's surely much more powerful than before, but I like the idea that players may actually think to use it sustaining its drawbacks. Since V3 Viscious ability lowers wielder's hit points without causing any dmg animation, making it slightly more "user-friendly".

Impaler +3

Combat Abilities:

Impaling: deals 1D10 additional points of piercing damage

Notes: I've made it a returning throwing spear, while its Impaling effect (vanilla's +10 dmg) is now separated from the base dmg output and works as a 1d10 piercing dmg on hit (even when thrown the additional dmg is piercing). I like it to remain the "most damaging" spear choice, but vanilla's +10 dmg on each hit was really too much (especially when used as a ranged weapon).

Spear of Withering +3

Combat Abilities:

Contagious: 15% chance target must save vs. poison or suffer 1 point of damage per second and move at half speed for 1 turn

Poison: creatures struck by the weapon suffer 1D6 points of additional damage

Notes: enchantment bonus decreased by 1, poison damage changed from 4 to 1D6, added the diseasing effect.

Ixil's Nail +4

Equipped Abilities:

Free Action: the wielder is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that limits his mobility in any way

THAC0: +4 bonus

Damage: 1D8 + 4

Notes: I've added the free action ability that was originally granted only to the upgraded version.

Ixil's Spike +5

Equipped Abilities:

Free Action: the wielder is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that limits his mobility in any way

Combat Abilities:

Pin: opponent must save vs. death or be pinned for 2 rounds, taking an additional 1D4 + 5 damage each round

THAC0: +5 bonus

Damage: 1D8 + 5

Notes: I've lowered Pin's duration from 3 to 2 rounds, and Pin's dmg from 1d6+5 to 1d4+5 (only a small "conceptual" refinement to remember it was a dagger) but the effect now uses 'hold creature 2' opcode instead of 'sleep' opcode which was causing it to not work in many cases where it should (all undead creatures are immune to sleep, Chaotic Commands protected from it, etc.). I've made elementals, golems, skeletons (only skeletons, not all undead), Mordy swords and incorporeal or illusionary creatures immune to it. As all +6 vanilla weapons it has been "limited" to +5 enchantment lvl.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Staves

Staff of Curing +1

Special Abilities (once per day):

Healing Surge: heals 20 hit points to all allies

Equipped Abilities:

Healing Aura: wielder and allies within 20 feet are cured of 1 hit point every 3 rounds

THAC0: +1 bonus

Damage: 1D6 + 1

Usable by:

Cleric

Druid

Paladin

Ranger

Notes: I replaced vanilla's +2 AC with the Healing Aura (while equipped - wielder and allies within 20 feet are cured of 1 hit point every 3 rounds) and its special ability now is a more useful Healing Surge (it also doesn't consume charges anymore).

Martial Staff +2

Combat Abilities:

Impact: +10% chance to score critical hits

Parry: +2 bonus to AC (none vs. missile)

Damage: 1D6 + 2

Notes: previously a plain staff +3. It should be ideal for melee oriented characters.

Staff of Air +2

Gust of Wind: knocks back opponents (save vs. staff at -2 neg.), and removes gases from the area

Combat Abilities:

Speed: +1 attack per round

Whirlwind Attack: 20% chance to deal 1d6+2 dmg to opponents within 5 feet

Notes: All the elemental staves needed a slight improvement imo. For this staff I opted for a straightforward +1 apr (instead of its V2's +1/2 and a chance of increasing it) and a Whirlwind Attack (20% chance to deal 1d6+2 dmg to opponents within 5 feet - it should simulate a hit on every opponent around the wielder).

Each elemental staff now has only one x/day special ability (summons are moved to Rings of Elemental Control) and I've removed vanilla's slay elemental effect from every staff. This staff still has V2's Gust of Wind (as per SR spell - though Wind Wall, aka ProMissile wasn't a bad idea either imo), which replaces vanilla's Stinking Cloud.

Staff of Earth +2

Earth Grasp: entangles opponents within 30 feet for 2 rounds (save vs. staff at -2 neg.)

Combat Abilities:

Stonehold: 50% chance target must save vs. petrify or be held for 2 rounds

Notes: I've replaced V2's entangling effect on hit with Stonehold (unlike HM and most paralyzing effects this effect works on undead, but I made it not work on incorporeal and illusionary creatures). Its once/day ability has remained V2's Earth Grasp (a party-friendly Entangle).

Staff of Fire +2

Fireball: 10D6 (save vs. staff at -2 half)

Combat Abilities:

Shroud of Flame: target suffers 2 points of fire damage for 2 rounds

Burst of Flame: 10% chance to deal 4d6 points of fire damage to opponents within 5 feet

Notes: I've replaced V2's common Flaming ability with the combined Shroud of Flame and Burst of Flame, while vanilla's Fire Shield (red) is replaced by a more offensive Fireball.

Staff of Thunder and Lightning +2

Lightning Stroke: 10D6 (save vs. staff half) and stun for 1 round (save vs. staff neg.)

Thunder & Lightning: each lightning bolt deals 6D6 points of electrical damage (save vs. staff half) and deafens for 3 rounds (no save)

Combat Abilities:

Shocking: deals 1D6 additional points of electrical damage

Thunderclap: 20% chance, upon striking the target the staff emits a great noise, like a clap of thunder, stunning opponents within 5 feet for 1 round (save vs. breath negates)

Damage: 1D6 +2

Usable by:

Druids

Notes: I've improved Lightning Bolt and Call Lighning, making custom spells and I've greatly enhanced its combat abilities.

Staff of Power +2

Globe of Invulnerability (15th caster level)

Hold Monster (15th caster level)

Equipped Abilities:

Armor Class: +2 bonus

Saving Throws: +2 bonus

Damage: 1D6 +2

Usable by:

Mage

Notes: I've only replaced Lightning Bolt with Hold Monster (as per PnP). If you have a better spell selection in mind...let me know.

Staff of Striking +3

Combat Abilities:

Striking: inflicts 6 additional points of crushing damage

Damage: 1D6 + 3 (25 charges)

Notes: I've added the thac0 bonus and separated its +6 dmg bonus from the base value. The staff now recharges after resting provided you don't consume the last charge!

Cleric's Staff +3

Equipped Abilities:

Protection from Undead: +2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. undead creatures

Combat Abilities:

Undead Bane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 to damage against undead

Halt Undead: undead creatures struck must save vs. spell or be held for 2 rounds

Notes: previously a plain staff +3. It still is a +3 enchantment, but only because the staff now has the Undead Bane property (against non undead it's a +1 weapon). The staff also grants +2 AC/saves vs undead creatures, and and cast Halt Undead on hit. It's now usable only by clerics, as expected with a name like that.

Staff of Command +3

Dominate (5 turn)

Equipped Abilities:

Aura of Command: opponents within 30 feet suffer -2 penalty to saves vs. spell

Combat Abilities:

Mindbreaking: 15% chance target must save vs. spell at -4 or be feebleminded

Damage: 1D6 + 3

Usable by:

Bard

Mage

Notes: I removed V2's immunity to charm effects, while I added a while equipped Aura of Command and an on hit Mindbreaking effect (15% chance target must save vs. spell at -4 or be feebleminded). Minor changes to its once per day ability, as it now uses a custom spl (as ALL spells within IR now do) to make it not count as a wizard spell, mainly to avoid the cowled wizards issue, but also because it allows me to make sure it works as intended. I've also slightly altered its lore to better fit its new effects and current whereabouts (the latter hasn't changed).

Staff of Rynn +3

Greater Malison (5 turn)

Equipped Abilities:

Hexproof: wielder is immune to enchantments and transmutations

Combat Abilities:

Fearsome: creatures struck must save vs. spell or flee in terror for 1 round

Notes: previously a plain staff +4 sold by Ribald (a +4 weapon too easily obtainable). After much discussions we've decided to make it a late game spellcaster-oriented staff. I've tried to use effects which could suit its lore tied to a potent witch but its most important feature should be its while equipped Hexproof ability, which grants protections from many enchantments and transmutations. It won't protect from compulsions such as charm effects, but it will protect from enchantments such as Doom, Bane (the reverse of Bless), Malison, Symbols, Polymorph and similar effects.

I do need feedback to compile the list of effects Hexproof should protect from and the ones it shouldn't, thus let me know!

Staff of the Woodlands +4

Summon Shambling Mound

Barkskin

Equipped Abilities:

Animal Empaty: animals within 30 feet must save vs. spell at -4 or be charmed

Regeneration: 1hp every 6 seconds

Damage: 1D6 +4

Usable by:

Druid

Notes: Quite a few changes, but the most important one is that its Barkskin effect isn't a "while equipped" effect anymore (it would clash with Skin of the Forest armor), but a once per day ability which replaces vanilla's Charm Animal. The latter has been expanded into a while equipped aura which automatically befriend any animal within sight (save vs. spell at -4 or be charmed), but it has very little purpose in terms of gameplay. The staff's signature effect now is a high regeneration rate, but let me know if you have better ideas.

Staff of the Magi +5

Remove Magic: dispels all magical effects upon any enemies in a 30' radius (30th level of the caster)

Spell Trap: absorbs up to 30 levels of spell, making the caster recall previously cast spells (20th level of the caster)

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +20% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Dispel: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell neg.)

Damage: 1D6 +5

Usable by:

Mage

Notes: the first thing I've done without regret was to remove the cheesy invisibility at will effect (one of the most exploitable things ever). Then I've removed vanilla's +2 to AC and saves, Protection from Evil, and immunity to charm, but the staff now grants a very high magic resistance (as per PnP). The dispel effect on hit now allows a save. Finally I've replaced Fireball+Lightning with a powerful Remove Magic.

Serpent Shaft +3

Combat Abilities:

Poison: creatures struck by the weapon suffer 1D6 points of additional damage

Viperous: 15% chance to inject a lethal poison which inflicts 10 points of damage every second for 2 rounds unless a save vs. poison at -4 penalty is made

Notes: I've increased vanilla's enchantment by 1 because +2 is really useless by the time you finish the fifth floor of Watcher's Keep (this is the only vanilla's BG2 item with a too low enchantment level I know of, strange indeed considering ToB was full of +5/+6 items). The original poison effect has been quite extended and split into two effects.

Staff of the Ram +4

Combat Abilities:

Damage: 1D6 + 4

Notes: almost as per vanilla.

Staff of the Ram +5

Combat Abilities:

Battering Ram: target must save vs. death or be knocked back unconscious for 1 round

Damage: 1D6 + 5

Notes: I've removed vanilla's 1D4 additional points of piercing damage, but its knockback effect has been improved (it previously had a 10% chance without save, while depending on target a save vs. death is at least the same chance if not higher). Instead of Roranarch's Helm the component required to upgrade this staff now is the Ring of the Ram (wasn't it obvious?!?).

Edited by Demivrgvs

Two-Handed Swords

Spider's Bane +2

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to web & poison effects

Damage: 2D6 + 2

Notes: I've replaced Free Action (really too powerful within BG1 imo) with immunity to web and poison effects (much more appropriate for an anti-spiders weapon).

Sword of Chaos +2

Combat Abilities:

Vampiric: drains one to four hit points from the target and transfers it to the wielder

Notes: within V3 I've restored its vanilla concept, making it use IR's standardized Vampiric effect (which doesn't work against non-living targets such as undead and golems).

Flame of the North +2

Combat Abilities

Icy: creatures struck suffer 1D6 additional points of cold damage

Freezing: 50% chance target must save vs breath or be held frozen 1 round

Notes: drastically changed, previously it had +10% magic resistance and +5 damage vs. chaotic evil creatures (which was a very weak version of Carsomyr imo). It should grant more variety to greatswords repertoire now, and offers at least one specimen with elemental damage.

Lilarcor +3

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to charm & confusion effects

Damage: 2D6 + 3

Notes: it's a +3 weapon too easily obtainable before going to Spellhold, and it quite bothers me, but I fear that reducing it to +2 would ruin this weapon (I love to use it with the extended banters and Minsc :D ). Any suggestion?

Berserking Sword +3

*CURSED*

Equipped Abilities:

Berserking: the wielder goes berserk and totally out of control whenever a fight takes place

Combat Abilities:

Damage: 2D6 + 3

Requires: 16 Strength

Notes: Ive added the increased apr. "It's cursed, and has its drawbacks, but one must ask if such power is worth using in the end" so I wanted players to have at least a good reason to use it despite the huge drawback.

Harbinger +3

Equipped Abilities:

Hellfire: 5% chance on each hit wielder must save vs. spell or suffer 20 points of fire damage

Combat Abilities:

Banishing: summoned creatures must save vs. spell or be dismissed

Demon Bane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 to damage against demons

Starmetal: inflicts 4 additional points of damage against extraplanar creatures

Damage: 2D6 + 1

Notes: Pratically a "new weapon". Following players feedback I removed V2's maze-like effect (often considered a non-beneficial effect), but to keep the concept intact I replaced it with a Banishing effect (is it too powerful?). Due to its lore and bams, which reminds the ones I've used for Dagger of the Stars and Runehammer, I've made it a starmetal weapon (additional dmg vs extraplanars). We weren't able to make it so much appealing to compete with late game greatswords, and considering it actually uses the filename of a BG1 greatsword (it was a plain +3 specimen there) we have instead chosen to make it a mid-early BG2 weapon which could possibly be balanced for the very late part of BG. To do so I've reduced its base enchantment lvl by 2, while making it a Demon Bane weapon. To keep it in check and preserve its original lore I've replaced vanilla's detonation-like effect (non-friendly fireball on hit) with a backlash effect limited to the wielder (Hellfire).

Warblade +3

Combat Abilities:

Bluntness: inflicts additional 2D3 points of crushing damage

Oversized: less accurate but more damaging than a normal-sized two handed sword

Damage: 2D8 + 3

Requires: 18 Strength

Notes: It's not a "normal" +4 sword anymore. It should be really great for characters that already have good thac0 and it offers to sword users an unusual opportunity to deal crushing damage, very useful against golems for example.

Soul Reaver +4

Combat Abilities:

Enervating: each hit drains 1 level from the target (save vs. death neg.)

Damage: 2D6 + 4

Not usable by:

Good-aligned characters

Notes: enerveting effect expands vanilla's concept (which was a -2 to thac0 on hit without save), but the save should make it work less than 50% of the times (actually less than 20% against "warrior" type of creatures).

Silver Sword +4

Combat Abilities:

Keen: +10% chance to score a critical hit

Vorpal: 10% chance of decapitating the opponent (save vs. death at -4 negates)

Not usable by:

Lawful Good

Notes: vanilla's Silver Sword had a 25% chance of decapitating the opponent (save vs. death at -2) which made the effect take place too often imo. I've added the usability restriction because at least Paladins or similar characters shouldn't wield this weapon. I've also extended its lore and raised enchantment lvl by 1.

Carsomyr +4

Special Abilities (3 times per day):

Dispel Magic: dispels all magical effects upon any creature in a 30' radius (25th level of the caster)

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +20% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Dispelling: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell neg.)

Holy: deals 3 additional points of damage against all of evil alignment

Usable By:

Paladins

Notes: Dispel on hit now allows a save vs. spell. I previoulsy used a reduced % chance (no save) but I believe allowing a save is better. This way it's still incredibly powerful against low-mid level opponents (which will probably fail the save 50-75% of the times), but it should be less overpowered against high level opponents (which will fail the save about 25% of the times).

The additional "holy" damage now works vs. any evil creatures instead of chaotic evil only! ;)

Originally the sword would have set magic resistance to 50%, but that solution was quite "broken". After changing it to a +X value it now correctly stacks with any other source of magic resistance, but I've drastically reduced the value from 50% to +20%.

Enchantment level is reduced by 1: this is "necessary" in order to differentiate it from the upgraded version, and it also helps reducing the sword's power a little bit more. Even with all these "nerfs" this weapon is still one of the best in the game.

Carsomyr +5

Special Abilities (3 times per day):

Dispel Magic: dispels all magical effects upon any creature in a 30' radius (30th level of the caster)

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +25% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Dispelling: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell neg.)

Holy: deals 6 additional points of damage against all of evil alignment

Damage: 2D6 + 5

Usable By:

Paladins

Notes: the improved Carsomyr is "nerfed" to +5 (weapons with +6 enchantment bypass vanilla's Absolute Immunity, which made no sense imo), grants additional +5% magic resistance, and inflicts additional +3 damage vs. evil.

Unholy Reaver +5

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +25% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Dispel: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell neg.)

Unholy: deals 6 additional points of damage against creatures of good alignment

Usable By:

Anti-paladin

Notes: a sort of evil Carsomyr. Its dispel effect now allow a save, I've added the missing magic resistance bonus, and I've changed its bam to look different from the Silver Sword. Only fallen paladins can use it at the moment.

Psion's Blade +4

Equipped Abilities:

Mind Shield: confers protection against many forms of mind-control magic, such as charm, confusion, domination, fear, feeblemind, know alignment, hold, sleep, stun, and Psionics

Notes: vanilla's one protects only from Psionics, which is quite useless considering when you get this weapon. I've greatly extended the immunities, and reduced its enchantment from +5 to +4.

Gram the Sword of Grief +4

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +10% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Pain: -1 penalty to strength and dexterity for 5 rounds (save vs. death negates)

Envenomed: 20% chance of dealing 2D12 additional points of poison damage

Notes: I've added the ability to inflict Pain, which suits quite well the sword imo, and even the unimproved version of the sword now grants magic resistance. Enchantment bonus has been lowered by one to differentiate it from the improved version.

Gram the Sword of Grief +5

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +15% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Wounding: target suffer 1 point of bleeding damage every round for 5 rounds

Pain: -1 penalty to strength and dexterity for 5 rounds (save vs. death negates)

Poison: 20% chance of dealing 2D12 additional points of poison damage

Notes: upgrading the weapon improves all its abilities and adds Bleeding Damage too. Previously it had a Level Drain effect but it would make this weapon too similar to Soul Reaver.

Edited by Demivrgvs

War Hammers

Hammer of Corrosion +1

Combat Abilities:

Acidic: creatures struck suffer 1D4 additional points of acid damage

Corrosive: 50% chance to reduce target's armor class by 1 for 2 rounds

Damage: 1D4 + 2

Notes: replaces warhammer +1,+3 vs. Giantkin found in the Keep. Changes are quite obvious, I hope you like them.

Rift Hammer +2

Combat Abilities:

Resonating: 10% chance of unleashing a powerful shock wave, dealing 4d4 points of crushing damage to every opponent within 10 feet

Damage: 1D4 + 3

Notes: replaces Borok's Fist, a plain warhammer +2 with +1 electrical damage sold by Ribald. I've "switched" it with Ashideena to place it in the Rift Area where Ashideena was normally found, moving Ashideena in Ribald's store. It uses a quite unique effect with a new animation, let me know how it works and what you think about this weapon.

Wrath of Tyr +2

Combat Abilities:

Holy Smite: 20% chance against evil creatures to deal 5D4 points of magic damage, and to blind the target for 1 round unless a save vs. spell is made

Damage: 1D4 + 3

Notes: replaces Ashideena (a plain warhammer +2 with +1 electrical damage).

Dwarven Thrower +2

Combat Abilities:

Racial Enemy: inflicts 4 additional points of damage against giants and ogres

Damage: 2D4 + 3

Usable By:

Dwarf

Notes: slightly nerfed, but almost unchanged.

Hammer of Thunderbolts +3

Combat Abilities:

Shocking: creatures struck suffer 1D6 additional points of electrical damage

Damage: 1D4 + 4

Notes: previously a plain +3 warhammer, which was very strange considering the efforts required to get it.

Crom Faeyr +4

Equipped Abilities:

Strength: +5 bonus

Unbalanced: -1/2 attack per round when used as a throwing weapon

Combat Abilities:

Shocking: creatures struck suffer 1D4 additional points of electrical damage

Thunderclap: when hurled, upon striking the target the hammer emits a great noise, like a clap of thunder, stunning opponents within 5 feet for 1 round (save vs. breath negates)

Damage: 1D4 + 5

Damage type (melee): crushing

Damage type (thrown): missile

Notes: many changes here. I made it almost as similar to PnP as I could. Since V3 I added the unbalanced property to balance the incredibly powerful Thunderclap effect (in PnP the hammer can be thrown only once per round), while also keeping the melee version of this hammer appealing (it doesn't stun but it has +1/2 apr).

Runehammer +3

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +5% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Damage: 2D4 + 3

Notes: I've removed extra damage & save or die effects vs. undead, they made this weapon just like an improved Mace of Disruption. I've completely changed it, merging somehow NWN's Runehammer with ToB's one.

Runehammer +4

Mass Cure (20th caster level)

Righteous Magic (20th caster level)

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to Fear

Magic Resistance: +10% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Damage: 2D4 + 4

Notes: the Rune of Clangeddin adds the same bonuses of vanilla's one, but I've replaced Fire Giant Strength with a more appropriate Righteous Magic (which gives +6 to STR, +20 hit points and makes wielder inflict max damage on every hit). Enchantment bonus has been decreased by one.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Drow Equipment

Drowcraft Elven Chain +1

Equipped Abilities:

Casting Speed: +1 bonus

Magic Resistance: +5% bonus

Drowcraft: increased armor class

Armor Class: 2

Arcane Spell Failure: none

Dexterity Penalty: none

Movement Rate Penalty: none

Thieving Skills Penalty: 10%

Notes: moslty unchanged. I've only "renamed" it ('drow' has been replaced by 'drowcraft') and "lowered" its enchantment bonus by 2 without affecting the AC. Drow's items now have an extensive and detailed description/background which also explains most of their properties.

Drowcraft Adamantine Chain +3

Equipped Abilities:

Physical Resistance: +10% bonus

Armor Class: -1

Arcane Spell Failure: 30%

Dexterity Penalty: 5%

Movement Rate Penalty: 10%

Thieving Skills Penalty: 40%

Notes: I've added the physical resistance granted by the adamantine alloy. Alternatively I may replace adamantine with elven manufacture (I'm not sure they can co-exist), which would remove the damage resistance but would make it more similar to vanilla's version. In that case I would rename it 'Drowcraft Elven Battlechain' and the other chain mail may be renamed 'Drowcraft Elven Spellchain'.

Drowcraft Adamantine Full Plate +3

Equipped Abilities:

Physical Resistance: +15% bonus

Armor Class: -4

Arcane Spell Failure: 50%

Dexterity Penalty: 15%

Movement Rate Penalty: 30%

Thieving Skills Penalty: 70%

Notes: I've added the physical resistance granted by the adamantine alloy.

Drowcraft Flail/Halberd/Lance/Long Sword/Scimitar +3

Combat Abilities:

Drowcraft: +2 luck bonus to minimum damage and attack rolls

Damage: same as the respective +3 weapon

Notes: I've added the luck bonus to minimum damage and attack rolls.

Drowcraft Light Crossbow of Speed +1

Combat Abilities:

Drowcraft: +2 luck bonus to minimum damage and attack rolls

Damage: +1 (missile)

Notes: mostly unchanged. I've reduced the enchantment level by 2 to compensate the drowcraft bonus. Considering the speed effect I though leaving it at +3 would be 'unfair' to other weapons.

Drowcraft Bolt of Sleep +1

Combat Abilities:

Sleep: target must save vs. spell or fall unconscious for 2 rounds

Damage: 1D8 + 1

unchanged.

Drowcraft Bolt of Stunning +2

Combat Abilities:

Stunning: target must save vs. death or be stunned for 1 round

Notes: I've raised enchantment level by 1 and reduced the stunning duration from 4 to 1. They previously were too similar to Bolt of Sleep imo.

Drowcraft Bolt +3

Notes: I've raised enchantment level by 2! Previously they were only +1, making them 'useless' compared with the other drowcraft bolts. Furthmore every drowcraft weapon is +3 and I don't see why ranged warriors should be penalized by having only +1 weapons.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Custom Equipment for NPCs

Yoshimo's Katana +2

Combat Abilities:

Toxin: creatures struck must save vs. poison or suffer 2 points of nonlethal damage every 2 seconds for 2 rounds

Damage: 1D10 + 2

Usable By:

Yoshimo

Notes: enchantment has been raised by one to match all other NPC's weapons. I've added an effect that should fit his Bounty Hunter kit, it applies stunning damage, which cannot kill a creature but knocks target unconscious when he reaches 1 hit point.

Delryn Family Shield +2

Special Abilities (three times per day):

Protection from Missiles: wearer is immune to hurled and projected missiles for 5 turns

Equipped Abilities:

Fire Resistance: +30% bonus

Cold Resistance: +30% bonus

Armor Class: +4 bonus

Usable By:

Anomen

Notes: enchantment has been raised by one, and the special ability now grants immunity to magical missiles too (as per SR's spell). I think fire and cold resistances may be slightly lowered.

De'Arnise Signet Ring

Equipped Abilities:

Luck: +2 bonus (+10% for skills)

Usable By:

Nalia

Notes: I've removed both 50% fire res, and +2 AC. The ring will now grant +2 to luck, thus keeping vanilla's +2 to saves, but adding +2 to hit and minimum dmg (quite useful considering Nalia can use short bows), +10% to ALL thieving skills (she's a low lvl thief!), and -2 dmg per dice from damage dealing spells.

Edwin's Amulet

Equipped Abilities:

Memorize two extra spells of each level from 1st to 9th

Usable By:

Edwin

Notes: unchanged, but I think it's highly overpowered. Maybe "nerfing" it to one extra spell for each level, and adding something else related to Conjurers or Red Wizards would be better, though I known many players will complain the loss of their beloved Edwin's endless spell slots. I've recently thought about one drawback to justify the augmented spell slots: Red Wizards are extremely specialized wizards and I may add one more Prohibited School to him via amulet. What do you think about it?

Hallowed Redeemer +2

Combat Abilities:

Heretic's Doom: evil creatures struck must save vs. spell or be silenced for 2 rounds

Holy: deals 6 additional points of damage against all of evil alignment

Usable By:

Keldorn

Notes: vanilla's effect has been moved to the armor where it seems more appropriate (imo of course), thus I've re-build the weapon's concept from scratch, based on Keldorn's Inquisitor class.

Firecam Full Plate Mail +2

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Damage Resistance: +50% bonus

Retribution: any who strikes the wearer in melee suffers 5 points of magic damage

Armor Class: -1

Usable By:

Keldorn

Notes: enchantment has been raised by one, magic damage resistance probably has to be reduced.

Corthala Family Blade +2

Equipped Abilities:

Saving Throws: +2 bonus vs. spell

Combat Abilities:

Spell Disruption: each hit causes +10% cumulative chance of spell failure (1 turn)

Damage: 1D10 + 2

Usable By:

Valygar

Notes: I clearly had a mix of Occult Slayer and Wizard Slayer classes in mind when I decided to change Valygar's equipment. This is a mithral blade, and as such it is now considered a light weapon despite its size (no off-hand penalty, no backstab penalty).

Corthala Family Armor +3

Equipped Abilities:

Non-Detection

Armor Class: 2

Usable By:

Valygar

Notes: I've replaced elemental resistances with non-detection, which is a perfect complement to his Stalker kit. I've altered the color palette to match the dark bam and the fact that this is intended to be a set of mithral armor, not leather armor!

Sword of Arvoreen +2

Combat Abilities:

Enfeebling: each hit reduces target's AC, THAC0, and movement rate by 1 for 2 rounds

Usable By:

Mazzy

Notes: I've extended vanilla's concept (which only reduced movement rate). Its limited free action has been moved to Mazzy's bow. Should it allow a save? Is it too weak?

Bow of Arvoreen +2

Equipped Abilities:

Free Action: the wearer is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that limits his mobility in any way

Damage: + 2 bonus

Usable By:

Mazzy

Notes: previously just a plain short bow +2. Far from definitive...any suggestion?

Staff of the High Forest +2

Equipped Abilities:

Elemental Resistance: +10% bonus

Protection from Spells: Entangle, Summon Insects, Insect Plague, and Creeping Doom

Usable By:

Cernd

Notes: its regeneration effect has been moved to Cernd's cloak (which is active when shapechanged ). Any suggestion is welcome.

Cloak of the High Forest +2

Equipped Abilities:

Armor Class: +1 bonus

Saving Throws: +1 bonus

Regeneration: 3hp/turn

Usable By:

Cernd

Notes: I've only added the regeneration ability.

Entropy +2

Combat Abilities:

Entropy: each hit reduces target's saves vs. spell by 1 for 2 rounds

Envenomed: deals additional 1D6 points of damage

Usable By:

Tieflings

Notes: I've done some research and then I've corrected and extended its description (it erroneously tied Baatorian green steel to the Abyss, whereas it belongs to the Nine Hells). This also lead me to make his other weapon of Tanar'ri red steel. Entropy should do a team work with Chaos, thus the save vs. spell penalty. Vanilla's +3 poison damage has been changed to 1D6 and doesn't allow a save anymore.

Chaos +2

Combat Abilities:

Bleeding Damage: 2hp/round for 2 rounds

Chaos: 20% chance target must save vs. spell or be confused for 2 rounds

Usable By:

Tieflings

Notes: chaos and bleeding effect replace vanilla's dexterity penalty on hit.

Jansen Spectroscopes

Detect Invisibility

Equipped Abilities:

Find Traps: +25% bonus

Detect Illusions: +20% bonus

Usable By:

Jan Jansen

Jansen Techno-Gloves

Equipped Abilities:

Lockpicking: +20% bonus

Pick Pockets: +20% bonus

Usable By:

Jan Jansen

Notes: unchanged, though I don't like them to be identical to the Gloves of the Rogue.

Jansen AdventureWear

Equipped Abilities:

Physical Damage Resistance: +20% bonus

Armor Class: +4 bonus vs. missile

Usable By:

Jan Jansen

Notes: I've slightly nerfed it (-5% physical resistance, and -1 AC vs. missiles), but I think it still stands out as one of the most powerful robes in the game (only Larloch's Robe outshines it imo).

Flasher Launcher +2

Combat Abilities:

Blinding: 20% chance target must save vs. breath or be blinded for 3 rounds

Damage: +2 bonus

Usable By:

Jan Jansen

Notes: enchantment level has been raised by 2 and I've added it a quite useful on hit effect.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Scrolls

Scroll of Protection from Ailments

Effects:

Immunity to poison effects & disease effects

Duration: 10 turns

Notes: "Replaces" Protection from Poison, by adding immunity to disease effects too. As with ProElement scrolls I've made it work a la SR, granting complete immunity to poison and disease based spells (e.g. Cloudkill, Stinking Cloud, ghast's stench, etc.).

Scroll of Protection from Undead

Effects:

Immunity to level drain

Protection from Undead: +2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. undead creatures

Notes: vanilla's effect was very cheesy imo. What do you think?

Scroll of Protection from Alterations

Effects:

Immunity to alterations and transmutations

Notes: "Replaces" Protection from Petrification. It works more or less as a SI:Transmutation, granting immunity to slow, polymorph other, disintegration and petrification.

Scroll of Protection from Acid/Cold/Electricity/Fire

Effects:

Acid/Cold/Electricity/Fire Resistance: 100% bonus

Notes: They now work as per SR's equivalent spells (100% resistance instead of 50%, and complete immunity to spells and effects on the relevant element), and via actual spl files, making them affected by Breach. They still are dispellable (unlike their lesser potion version) but they are now considered innates and thus should use character's lvl for dispel checks even if the user is a warrior. They now have casting time 5 instead of being insta-cast on use, and last 10 turns as all green scrolls (as a ProElement spell cast by a 10th lvl caster).

Scroll of Protection from Magic

Effects:

Anti-magic globe: 100% magic resistance, cannot cast spells, dispel magical effects upon the recipient

Notes: almost unchanged except from a technical point of view (e.g. it is now considered a spell protection, and I've made it removable by Spellstrike as per SCS). If it correctly works (user cannot be buffed, healed, ...) it should be ok imo. Let me know if you instead think it has to be nerfed, and how you think it should be done.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Various Items

Book of Infinite Spells

1st page: Fireball

Random pages: Invisibility, Protection vs. Evil, True Seeing, Farsight, Spell Turning, Wyvern Call, Stinking Cloud, Lightning Bolt

Last page: Burning Hands

Notes: unchanged. There are a few things that can be done. 1) Replace some spells with more useful ones (e.g. personally I think there's not a single player who doesn't turn the page when he get Farsight or Wyvern Call, though SR actually would make wyverns quite powerful). At least we can replace last page's spell with something a little more useful (considering you're forever stuck with it if you get it). 2) PnP's Book of Infinite Spells also contains Divine Spells, which would allow the item to become incredibly interesting.

Efreeti Bottle

Summons Efreeti

Notes: I've only changed it to allow SR's improved Efreeti to be spawned instead of vanilla's one.

Golden Lion Figurine

Summon Joolon (5 turns)

Characteristics (8 Hit Dice) :

STR 19, DEX 14, CON 17, INT 9, WIS 11, CHA 8; AL Neutral; Saving Throws 8/12/8/12/12

HP 107, AC 2, THAC0 7, 2 Attacks per Round, 1d10+9 Piercing (Claws & Bite +2)

Special Qualities:

Magic Resistance: 10%; Immune to normal weapons

Notes: I've slightly improved Joolon, but I'm completely open to any suggestion about it.

Black Spider Figurine

Summon Kitthix (5 turns)

Characteristics (8 Hit Dice):

STR 17, DEX 17, CON 16, INT 9, WIS 11, CHA 6; AL Neutral; Saving Throws 8/12/8/12/12

HP 82, AC 0, THAC0 12, 5 Attacks per Round, 1d8+2 Piercing + Poison (Legs & Bite +1)

Special Attacks:

Poison: 20% chance target must save vs. poison at -3 or suffer 3hp/round for 5 rounds

Web Tangle (twice per day): target must save vs. breath or be held for 3 rounds

Special Qualities:

Magic Resistance: 10%; Immune to charm, confusion, fear, poison & web effects

Notes: I've quite improved Kitthix (adding vermin's immunities, poisonous bite, and changing it from a green giant spider :) to a black sword spider with multiple attacks).

Silver/Bronze/Iron Horn of Valhalla

Summon Berserker (5 turns)

Characteristics (5 Hit Dice) :

STR 18, DEX 16, CON 16, INT 9, WIS 10, CHA 9; AL CG; Saving Throws 11/13/12/13/14

HP 68, AC 3, THAC0 13, 3/2 Attacks per Round, 1d8+5 Slashing (Long Sword +1)

Characteristics (7 Hit Dice) :

STR 18/51, DEX 17, CON 17, INT 10, WIS 11, CHA 10; AL CG; Saving Throws 10/12/11/12/13

HP 97, AC 1, THAC0 8, 3 Attacks per Round, 1d8+7 Slashing (Two Dual Wielded Axes +2)

Characteristics (9 Hit Dice) :

STR 18/00, DEX 18, CON 18, INT 11, WIS 12, CHA 11; AL CG; Saving Throws 8/10/9/9/11

HP 126, AC -1, THAC0 3, 3 Attacks per Round, 2d6+14 Slashing (Two-Handed Sword +3)

Special Abilities (twice per day - 9th level berserker can enrage one additional time):

Enrage

Notes: some players may notice that most changes are actually those already implemented by Improved Horns of Valhalla mod (I really like what the author did). However I've also implemented two "little" changes. 1) I've increased the summoning duration from 1 turn to 5 (just like vanilla's figurines) 2) Instead of making the warriors permanently under a rage effect I've given them the innate ability to enrage. This make them behave more realistically, and also allows to use the original/fixed/modded rage instead of a custom one granted via equipped item.

Horn of Blasting

Sonic Wave: everyone within 10 feet takes 2d10 points of damage, and is stunned for two rounds (save vs. breath for half damage and to avoid being stunned)

Notes: I've only changed the save from 'vs. paralyzation' to 'vs. breath'.

Horn of Silence

Silence: everyone within 10 feet must save vs. breath or be silenced for one turn

Horn of Discord

Confusion: opponents within 10 feet must save vs. spell or be confused for 5 rounds

Usable By

Bard

Notes: unchanged. Actually I think that being bards already more than able to cast Confusion something may be done to make this instrument more useful (at least replace vanilla's Lesser Confusion with Chaos).

Azlaer's Harp

Remove Fear

Usable By

Bard

Notes: unchanged. Actually I think that being bards already more than able to cast Remove/Resist Fear something can be done to make this instrument more useful. What about using a divine spell? :)

Methild's Harp

Remove Paralysis

Usable By

Bard

Notes: unchanged. This one is already quite good imo, allowing the bard to cast a divine spell which he normally wouldn't be able to cast.

Glasses of Identification

Identify

Notes: unchanged. I've thought about making them equippable much like Jan's Spectroscopes, and giving them +25% detect illusions, but then I've decided that probably they're good as they are.

Edited by Mike1072

Wands

Wand of Magic Missiles

Special Abilities (consumes charges):

Magic Missile: three missiles, 1d4 +1 points o magic damage each, 1 target

Requires: 10 Intelligence

Usable By:

All

Notes: previoulsy fired only one missile. All wands now require an intelligence score determined by the wand's "power level".

Wand of Sleep

Sleep: save vs. wand or fal asleep for 1 turn, opponents with less than 10HD within 30' radius

Requires: 10 Intelligence

Usable By:

Bard

Mage

Thief

Notes: it previoulsy affected only creatures with less than 5HD.

Wand of Fear

Fear: save vs. wands at -1 or flee in panick for 5 rounds, opponents within 30' radius

Requires: 11 Intelligence

Usable By:

Bard

Mage

Thief

Notes: mostly unchanged.

Wand of Fire

Fireball: 6d6 points of fire damage, save vs. wand at -2 half, everyone within 30' radius

Scorcher Ray: 5d6 points of fire damage, everyone between target and caster

Requires: 12 Intelligence

Usable By:

Bard

Mage

Thief

Wand of Frost

Freezing Sphere: 6d6 points of cold damage + slow for 5 rounds, save vs. wands at -3 half, 1 target

Requires: 13 Intelligence

Usable By:

Bard

Mage

Thief

Notes: vanilla's versions dealt 8d6 points of damage, without slowing the target.

Wand of Lightning

Lightning Bolts: three bolts, 3d6 points of electrical damage each, save vs. wands at -3 half, up to 3 targets

Usable By:

Bard

Mage

Thief

Notes: BG1's version fired 1 bolt for 6d6 damage, BG2's version fired 6 bolts for 3d6 damage each.

Wand of Polymorph

Polymorph: save vs. wands at -3 or be permanently polymorphed

Usable By:

Bard

Druid

Mage

Thief

Wand of Cloudkill

Cloudkill: as per Cloudkill spell

Requires: 14 Intelligence

Usable By:

Bard

Mage

Thief

Wand of Paralysis

Paralysis: save vs. wands at -4 or be stunned for 10 rounds, 1 target

Usable By:

Bard

Mage

Thief

Wand of Monster Summoning

Summons 12HD of monsters

Usable By:

Bard

Mage

Thief

Wand of the Heavens

Column of Fire: 9d6 points of fire damage, save vs. wands at -3 half, 1 target

Requires: 9 Intelligence, 13 Wisdom

Usable By:

Cleric

Druid

Wand of Cursing

Curse: save vs. wands at -2 or be blinded, deafned, and silenced for 10 rounds, 1 target

Requires: 12 Intelligence

Usable By:

All

Notes: mostly unchanged. I've made it non stackable with itself or similar spells. I'd like to make it use a "curse" effect, but the AI probably wouldn't be able to handle it.

Wand of Spellstrike

Breach: as per Breach spell

Pierce Magic: as per Pierce Magic spell (10th caster level)

Requires: 15 Intelligence

Usable By:

Bard

Mage

Thief

Notes: this wand is the very reason that made me rebuild all of them to use .spl files. It's now correctly flagged as a Magic Attack and spell protections will handle it appropriately.

Edited by Mike1072

Potions

Potion of Healing

Effects:

Cures 10 hit points

Usable By:

All

Notes: vanilla's potion cured 9 hp. I've also changed its base price from 75 to 25gp (keep in mind that within IR you don't get the huge 50% discount from having a high reputation).

Potion of Extra Healing

Effects:

Cures 30 hit points

Usable By:

All

Notes: vanilla's potion cured 27 hp. I've also changed its base price from 450 to 100gp.

Potion of Superior Healing

Effects:

Cures 50 hit points

Usable By:

All

Notes: vanilla's potion cured 40 hp. I've also changed its base price from 650 to 200gp.

Potion of Regeneration

Effects:

Drinker regenerates 1 hp per second for 60 seconds

Usable By:

All

Notes: regeneration rate is 3 times faster but duration is 3 times shorter. I've also changed its base price from 500 to 250gp.

Antidote

Effects:

Cures poison effects

Usable By:

All

Notes: unchanged. Vanilla's base prices was 100, is it too high?

Elixir of Health

Effects:

Cures disease and poison effects, restores 10 hit points

Usable By:

All

Notes: I've made it cure blindness/deafness as per Cure Disease. In theory I'd like the elixir to not cure poisons, in order to make antidote potions more appealing, but I don't know if the AI can handle that (SCS AI does use this potion, and I suppose it gives such effect for granted). Vanilla's base prices was 250 and it seems fine.

Potion of Hill Giant Strength

Effects:

Drinker's STR is set to 19 for 10 rounds

Usable By:

All

Notes: vanilla's potion lasted 10 turns instead of 1, but it was easily dispellable whereas all IR's potions are not dispellable. Base price still is vanilla's 300gp.

Potion of Stone Giant Strength

Effects:

Drinker's STR is set to 20 for 10 rounds

Usable By:

All

Notes: same as above, but I've changed its base price from 500 to 350gp. The difference between STR 19 and 20 or between 21 and 22 is marginal compared to the difference between 20 and 21, 22 and 23, or 23 and 24, and I've reflected this in their prices.

Potion of Frost Giant Strength

Effects:

Drinker's STR is set to 21 for 10 rounds

Usable By:

All

Notes: same as above, but I've changed its base price from 750 to 500gp.

Potion of Fire Giant Strength

Effects:

Drinker's STR is set to 22 for 10 rounds

Usable By:

All

Notes: same as above, but I've changed its base price from 1000 to 550gp.

Potion of Cloud Giant Strength

Effects:

Drinker's STR is set to 23 for 10 rounds

Usable By:

All

Notes: same as above, but I've changed its base price from 1250 to 750gp.

Potion of Storm Giant Strength

Effects:

Drinker's STR is set to 24 for 10 rounds

Usable By:

All

Notes: same as above, but I've changed its base price from 1500 to 1000gp.

Potion of Fire Resistance

Effects:

Grants +50% fire resistance for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: almost as per vanilla. The effect is now undispellable making it much more effective, but it can now be detected by the AI and removed by a Breach spell (and Pierce Shield for SR players). Duration is reduced from 10 to 5 turns. I've changed its base price from 400 to 250gp.

Potion of Cold Resistance

Effects:

Grants +50% col resistance for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: same as above, but its base price already was 250gp.

Potion of Insulation

Effects:

Grants +50% electrical resistance for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: same as above, but I've changed its base price from 170 to 250gp.

Potion of Invisibility

Effects:

Drinker turns invisible for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: I've simply modified it to make it detectable as an 'illusionary protection', reduced the base price from 250gp to 150, and reduced the duration from 12 hours to 5 turns.

Potion of Defense

Effects:

Grants +4 AC for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: Vanilla's version set AC to 0, while PnP has various versions which grant from +1 to +5 bonus to AC. I've opted for +4 AC and made it non-cumulative with itself. Cosmetically it's a "metallic" version of SR's Barkskin, and I'm also using vanilla's Ironskin portrait icon (not used anymore within SR). Duration has been reduced to 5 turns, and price from 700gp to 350.

Potion of Speed

Effects:

Drinker is hasted for 10 rounds

Usable By:

All

Notes: Previously named Oil of Speed. Oils are applied upon a creature/item (which requires quite some time), they are not imbibed, and in PnP they were clever enough to make it a potion and not an oil. Duration is reduced from 5 turns to 1 turn. Price has been reduced from 500gp to 250.

Potion of Freedom

Effects:

Free Action for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: I've modified it to make it detectable as 'specific protection', while duration still is 5 turns. This is a rare case where vanilla's price seems too cheap to me. It was 250gp, but I've raised it to 400.

Potion of Clarity

Effects:

Immunity to charm, confusion & fear for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: I've only modified it to make it detectable as 'specific protection', and removable with Breach. Ironically it's completely different from PnP, because PnP Potion of Clarity grants True Seeing! :rolleyes: Price has been reduced from 700gp to 500, while duration still is 5 turns.

Potion of Invulnerability

Effects:

Immunity to non-magical weapons, +2 bonus to AC and saves for 1 turn

Usable By:

Warriors

Notes: I've made it as per PnP. This potion now grants immunity to normal weapons, and +2 bonus to AC and saves; instead of setting AC to 0 and granting +5 to all saves. The effects last 1 turn instead of 5. Can still be used only by warriors, but I wouldn't mind to remove this restriciton. Vanilla's price was 1200, IR's one is 750.

Potion of Master Thievery

Effects:

Grants +20% bonus to Hide in Shadows, Move Silently, Pick Pockets and Open Lockets for 5 turns

Usable By:

Thief

Notes: In vanilla it granted +40% to Pick Pockets and Open Locks, while in PnP it grants various bonuses based on user's level (a la aTweaks). Multiple uses of this potion won't stack anymore. Duration has been reduced from 15 turns to 5. Price has been reduced from 400gp to 200.

Potion of Perception

Effects:

Immunity to backstabs, +20% bonus to find/remove traps & detect illusions for 5 turns

Usable By:

Thief

Notes: In vanilla it granted +20% to Find/Remove traps, Pick pockets, Open Locks, and Hide in shadows. I've opted for +20% to Find/Remove Traps and Detect Illusions, plus 'immunity to backstab' which is very appropriate imo. Multiple uses of these potions won't stack anymore. Duration has been reduced from 30 turns to 5. Price has been reduced from 350gp to 150.

Oil of Fiery Burning

Effects:

Weapons coated with it deal 1d6 additional points of fire damage on contact - the effect lasts for 1 turn

Usable By:

All

Notes: Completely changed from a lesser Potion of Explosions to something quite unique. Price has been reduced from 500 to 250.

Potion of Explosions

Effects:

Inflicts 6d6 points of fire damage to all within 30 feet from the point of impact (save vs breath for half damage)

Usable By:

All

Notes: almost unchanged, but I've made it bypass magic resistance and changed its base price from 450gp to 250.

Potion of Firebreath

Effects:

Target suffer 6d10 points of fire damage (save vs breath for half damage)

Usable By:

All

Notes: Is vanilla's 6d10 points of damage too much? Price has been set to 250.

Potion of Heroism

Effects:

This potion is imbued with a powerful enchantment, which blesses the drinker with great bravery and morale in battle. The imbiber's morale is raised by 2, as well as attack and damage rolls. The potion also increases the recipient's hit points by 10%, and these bonus hit points are lost first when the recipient takes damage. Multiple uses of this potion are not cumulative. The effect lasts for 5 turns, and cannot be dispelled.

Usable By:

All

Notes: I've made it similar to its PnP version and set its price to 400gp.

Potion of Power

Effects:

This elixir blesses the imbiber with a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls, grants +20% to all thieving skills, and raises morale by 2. In addition, any spells cast after drinking this potion will be cast as if the caster were two levels higher. Finally, the potion increases the recipient's hit points by 20%, and these bonus hit points are lost first when the recipient takes damage. Multiple uses of this potion are not cumulative. The effects last for 5 turns, and cannot be dispelled.

Usable By:

All

Notes: I've made it similar to its PnP version and set its price to 1000gp.

Potion of Mirrored Eyes

Effects:

Immunity to all forms of gaze attacks for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: vanilla's description was misleading, as the potion worked more or less like a Potion of Protection from Petrification. I've made it work as it should. Current price is 200gp.

Potion of Sight

Effects:

Drinker is able to see in darkness as easily as in daylight, and detect invisible creatures. The imbiber is also cured from any form of blindness and is immune to it for the duration of the effect, which is 1 turn

Usable By:

All

Notes: Replaces Potion of Infravision. I've made it work as per PnP. Price is 300gp.

Potion of Stone Form

Effects:

Grants 5 layers of stoneskin for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: Completely changed, as it previously set AC to 0, lowered DEX by 3 and improved saves by 3. I hope your warriors will like it! :D Btw, I've set its price to 500gp.

Potion of Absorption

Effects:

Grants +20% physical resistance for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: it was more or less another inconsistent potion of electrical resistance. I've completely changed it and set its price to 400gp.

Potion of Magic Resistance

Effects:

Grants +20% magicalresistance for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: I've renamed it as per PnP, Potion of Magic Resistance (instead of Potion of Magic Protection which was confusing imo). In PnP this potion has 5 doses, each granting a +10% non-cumulative bonus to magic resistance for 4d4 rounds (1 turn on average). In vanilla it granted +50% bonus for 10 turns, though being easily dispellable made it pretty weak agains non-vanilla AI (e.g. SCS's one). I've opted for +20% bonus, non-cumulative with itself, but cumulative with other sources. I've set its price to 500gp.

Potion of Magic Shielding

Effects:

Grants +50% resistance to all forms of magical damage, and guarantees drinker will always be successful when rolling saving throws. The effects last for 1 turn, and cannot be dispelled.

Usable By:

All

Notes: In PnP it doesn't grant 50% resistance to elemental and magic damage (successfully saving against damage-dealing spells already do that) and I'm not too much against it, let me know what you think. ;) This incredibly powerful potion shouldn't have a duration higher than 1 turn imo, and its price has to be considerably high, 1000gp.

Potion of Magic Dispelling

Effects:

Dispell all magical effects on the drinker

Usable By:

All

Notes: Replaces Potion of Magic Blocking (too much powerful effect for a potion, and there's a green scroll doing the same thing). Following aVENGER suggestion I've turned it into a "simple" dispelling potion (with 100% chance to work), and no anti-magic effects. Its price is reduced to 300gp.

Potion of Rage

Effects:

The drinker gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls, a +2 bonus to damage and a +2 bonus to saves vs. spell. However, the enraged character is also unable to perform actions that require concentration, like casting spells or using thieving skills. The effect lasts for 1 turn, and cannot be dispelled.

Usable By:

All

Notes: Replaces Potion of Strength. Potion price is 150gp.

Potion of Evasion

Effects:

The drinker can evade the effects of the following spells: Burning Hands, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Call Lightning, Flame Strike, Cone of Cold, Sunfire, Chain Lightning, Delayed Blast Fireball and all forms of Dragon's Breath. The effect will last for 1 turn, and cannot be dispelled.

Usable By:

Thief

Monk

Notes: Replaces Potion of Agility, but I'm not 100% about this solution. We've decided to make it usable only by monks and thieves to avoid heavy armored characters using it. Potion's price is 350gp.

Potion of Toughness

Effects:

Drinker's hit points are raised by 20% for 5 turns

Usable By:

All

Notes: Replaces Potion of Fortitude. Price is 250gp.

Potion of Vocalize

Effects:

Drinker is immune to silence for 1 turn

Usable By:

All

Notes: Replaces Potion of Genius. It works as a Vocalize spell. Very useful for clerics, druids, paladins and rangers, as they previously had no way to counter a silence effect. Price is 250gp.

Potion of Restoration

Effects:

Lesser Restoration

Usable By:

All

Notes: Replaces Potion of Mind Focusing. It works as a Lesser Restoration spell. Price is 300gp.

Potion of Memory

Effects:

The drinker brings back into memory two spells of 4th-level or lower that have been previously cast

Usable By:

All

Notes: Replaces Potion of Insight. It works more or less like Word of Recall, but it can restore two spells no higher than 4th lvl (instead of 5th). I think its price should be considerable to prevent rich spellcasters from getting an almost infinite amount of mid-low lvl spells. It currently is 500gp.

Edited by Demivrgvs