Installorder with BGT

Leomar

I've read, that you will expand your BG1 item revisions. Is it possible, to put this in a separate component in the future?

We could probably do that.

For our future reference, here's the list of items that BGT overwrites:

////////////////////////////////////////////////
// BG1 items existing in BG2 but not used by BG2
////////////////////////////////////////////////
amul18
blun11
book87
book88
bow07
bow08
clck08
dagg09
dagg10
helm14
misc1f
misc1h
misc1j
misc2h
misc2m
misc2n
misc2p
misc87
misc94
misc95
misc98
plat08
ringjoia
scrl2j
scrl2k
scrl2l
scrl2m
scrl2n
scrl2o
scrl2p
scrl2q
scrl2r
scrl2s
scrl2t
scrl2u
scrl2v
scrl2w
scrl2x
scrl2y
scrl2z
scrl3a
scrl3b
scrl3c
scrl3d
scrl3e
scrl3f
scrl3z
scrl5r
scrl5s
scrldra
scrljala
scrlkar
scrlnei
scrltar
scrlvail
scrlzha
sw1h13
sw1h18
sw1h19

And these are BG1 items that have been renamed - we'll have to modify the renamed versions:

/////////////////////////////////////////////
// BG1 items existing and used in BG2; rename
/////////////////////////////////////////////
helm15 -> bghelm15
misc56 -> bgmisc56
misc79 -> bgmisc79
ring08 -> bgring08
scrl1v -> bgscrl1v
staf04 -> bgstaf04
sw2h07 -> bgsw2h07
wand12 -> bgwand12

You need to install the core component of IR before Rogue Rebalancing, and the

rest of if after RR. See RR compatibility guide:

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=27171

I am installing IR core before SR. In place of the 1PP -- because we have the 1PP graphics in IR. Then I install the rest of IR after 23.2 SCSII (which is also after RR)

because then I can install it just after the changed place to put the SR Fiend Hotfix,

so I am keeping IR and SR together. This works great for me. It may be that you

would want IR (the not core) in before Ashes of Embers, but since I have never used that mod, I don't know.

Laura

I am installing IR core before SR. In place of the 1PP -- because we have the 1PP graphics in IR.

In this particular case a minor problem will occur - RR bucklers won't have 1PP's round animations. This happens because RR currently only looks for 1PP (and not IR) when determining whether the round buckler animations are present or not.

Anyway, this is a fairly trivial issue, and it certainly won't affect the gameplay in any way, but I'll still try to address it in RR's next maintenance release.

I am installing IR core before SR. In place of the 1PP -- because we have the 1PP graphics in IR.

In this particular case a minor problem will occur - RR bucklers won't have 1PP's round animations. This happens because RR currently only looks for 1PP (and not IR) when determining whether the round buckler animations are present or not.

I guess they'll look like ginormous round bucklers (aka small shields) currently. Perhaps you can change your check to also compare the MD5 checksum of one of the .bams in question - there are probably a lot of people who don't use the 1PP all-in-one installer at the moment and just grab the 'drop in override' version.

Anyway, this is a fairly trivial issue, and it certainly won't affect the gameplay in any way, but I'll still try to address it in RR's next maintenance release.

It'd be very nice to have RR look also for IR in the next maintenance release! :)

It'd be very nice to have RR look also for IR in the next maintenance release! :)

Coded, tested and implemented locally for the upcoming RR v4.02.

FYI, Rogue Rebalancing will now take the main component of Item Revisions into account while searching for Erephine's round buckler animations. As an additional bonus, RR's Ioun Stones will use WoRm's visual animations if IR is detected.

Coded, tested and implemented locally for the upcoming RR v4.02.

FYI, Rogue Rebalancing will now take the main component of Item Revisions into account while searching for Erephine's round buckler animations. As an additional bonus, RR's Ioun Stones will use WoRm's visual animations if IR is detected.

That's just great!

Thanks! ;)

Just to clarify, RR contains neither Erephine's nor WoRm's artwork within its own archive. However, it can detect the artwork in case it was already addded by another mod (such as 1PP and/or IR) and adjust its own items to properly utilize it. This is accomplished by ACTION_IF blocks which contain item patching code. Here's an example:

// Erephine's round buckler animations check
// Should now automatically detect 1PP v2.6 and higher as well as the main component of Item Revisions

ACTION_IF MOD_IS_INSTALLED 1PP.TP2 7 OR MOD_IS_INSTALLED ITEM_REV.TP2 0 THEN BEGIN   // Checks for 1PP v2.6+ and/or Item Revisions
COPY_EXISTING ~RR#BUC01.ITM~ ~override~                               // Fading Glory
             ~RR#BUC02.ITM~ ~override~                               // Buckler +1
             ~RR#BUC03.ITM~ ~override~                               // Buckler +2
             ~RR#BUC04.ITM~ ~override~                               // Buckler +3
             ~RR#SHL01.ITM~ ~override~                               // Stalwart Defender
             ~RR#SHL02.ITM~ ~override~                               // Safeguard
             ~RR#RWARD.ITM~ ~override~                               // Rogue's Ward
             ~RR#LYRE.ITM~  ~override~                               // Lyre of Progression
             ~SHLD20.ITM~   ~override~                               // Kiel's Buckler
WRITE_ASCII 0x22 ~D1~ #2                                              // Set the animation to round buckler (D1)
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END

// If the main component of Item Revisions is detected, make the RR ioun stones use WoRm's animations

ACTION_IF MOD_IS_INSTALLED ITEM_REV.TP2 0 THEN BEGIN                  // Checks for Item Revisions (which contains WoRm's Ioun Stone animations)
COPY_EXISTING ~RR#HEL05.ITM~ ~override~                               // Deep Red Ioun Stone
   READ_LONG   0x64 "abil_off"
   READ_SHORT  0x68 "abil_num"
   READ_LONG   0x6a "fx_off"
   READ_SHORT  0x70 "fx_num"
   INSERT_BYTES("%fx_off%"       ) 0x30                              // add new equipping effect (visual animation part 1)
   WRITE_SHORT ("%fx_off%"       ) 215                               // effect: #215 (play 3d effect)
   WRITE_BYTE  ("%fx_off%" + 0x02) 1                                 // target: 1 (self)
   WRITE_LONG  ("%fx_off%" + 0x08) 1                                 // param2: 1 (play over target)
   WRITE_BYTE  ("%fx_off%" + 0x0c) 2                                 // timing mode: 2 (while equipped)
   WRITE_BYTE  ("%fx_off%" + 0x12) 100                               // probability: 100%
   WRITE_ASCII ("%fx_off%" + 0x14) ~ION1R~ #8                        // resref: ION1R (red ioun stone animation part 1)
   INSERT_BYTES("%fx_off%"       ) 0x30                              // add new equipping effect (visual animation part 2)
   WRITE_SHORT ("%fx_off%"       ) 215                               // effect: #215 (play 3d effect)
   WRITE_BYTE  ("%fx_off%" + 0x02) 1                                 // target: 1 (self)
   WRITE_LONG  ("%fx_off%" + 0x08) 1                                 // param2: 1 (play over target)
   WRITE_BYTE  ("%fx_off%" + 0x0c) 2                                 // timing mode: 2 (while equipped)
   WRITE_BYTE  ("%fx_off%" + 0x12) 100                               // probability: 100%
   WRITE_ASCII ("%fx_off%" + 0x14) ~ION2R~ #8                        // resref: ION2R (red ioun stone animation part 2)
   SET "fx_num" = ("%fx_num%" + 2)                                   // indicate that 2 global effects have been added
   WRITE_SHORT 0x70 "%fx_num%"                                       // update the number of global effects 
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END                                                                   // ends the Item Revisions check block

I'm posting this in hopes it might help other modders who don't want to mirror the material from these mods but would still like to utilize it in case it's present.

However, it can detect the artwork in case it was already addded by another mod (such as 1PP and/or IR) and adjust its own items to properly utilize it. This is accomplished by ACTION_IF blocks which contain item patching code. Here's an example:

// Erephine's round buckler animations check
// Should now automatically detect 1PP v2.6 and higher as well as the main component of Item Revisions

ACTION_IF MOD_IS_INSTALLED 1PP.TP2 7 OR MOD_IS_INSTALLED ITEM_REV.TP2 0 THEN BEGIN   // Checks for 1PP v2.6+ and/or Item Revisions

I'm posting this in hopes it might help other modders who don't want to mirror the material from these mods but would still like to utilize it in case it's present.

MOD_IS_INSTALLED is always useful. What I was mentioning earlier is that you might want to change that first check to:

ACTION_IF (MOD_IS_INSTALLED 1PP.TP2 7 OR MOD_IS_INSTALLED ITEM_REV.TP2 0 OR FILE_MD5 ~override/wqld1g1.bam~ e1322a2c948b8997fe182603d6284f4a) THEN BEGIN

So that you can catch this download. Alone, the MD5 check should detect all 3 valid options, but if the animation gets updated sometime, the mod checks might still be handy.

Ok, sorry for this blatant thread necro :D but I felt the matter at hand didn't warrant a new thread ;)

Like Leomar said in the last post of the previous page, BGT currently overwrites IR's items when installed according to the recommended BWP install order. The overwrite could be saved by separating the BGI and BGII components (which you're probably taking into consideration for IRv3 :thumbsup:)

But considering that IRv3 is still far off from release, I tried to separate all the items mentioned in Mike1072's first post in this page into a new component (only for the BWP)

If either of you could please have a look at this, Leomar says this could be included in the BWPFixpack :D

(the stuff changed is only a few added lines in the .tp2 and a new .tpa for the BGI items)

Ok, since I can't seem to attach it here for some reason, this is an external link :D

Thanks,

Lol

Hmm, it has been about a year since I made that list...

While I appreciate the work you've put into this, there are a few things I'd do differently and I'd like to keep the version of the mod used in the BWP the same as the version used elsewhere so long as I'm providing support for it.

I'll try to dedicate some time to this before the month is over.

Well, the good thing is that you're looking at this yourself now :D

It wasn't too much work though, I just copied the lines from main_comp.tpa that contained the items you mentioned :thumbsup: Now that I look at your list, it seems like you listed all the items found under BGT\Modify\ITM, so, you're right that there are new items in the newer BGT versions

The additions are:

gibberil

helm15 (which is modded by IR)

misc56

misc79

misc83

ring08

scrl03

scrl1v

scrl3i

staf04

sw2h07

tasloiil

wand12

xvartil

And for the renaming list, there are 2 additions:

misc83 -> bgmisc83

scrl3i -> bgscrl3i

Btw, the original intention was never to create 2 different versions of the mod, sorry if it seemed like that. It's just that it looked like the components were gonna be separated in IRv3 (which looks pretty far away right now ... and I wanted my next BWP install in Jan to be as perfect as possible :D) Whenever the components were officially separated, the BWPFixpack would remove them :D

(PS: Is there some kind of post count I need to reach before I can attach stuff?? ... Worse, am I banned or sommin?? ;))

Thanks for looking into it :p

Lol

Archived