The House In Bergost Again

Guest LadyRolePlay

Guest LadyRolePlay

I made a different thread Berelinde because it was a different player character and circumstances.

This time I had a male lg paladin, who has Gavin in his party. We go into the house and there's ermm yea.. two of EVERYONE.

Two butlers, two Bertrams, two of the lady upstairs. Ohh boy what a fight! I managed to do it by luring about half of the enemy out of the downstairs and into the street, then going back in to finish off who was left inside, then resting and going upstairs.

Both of the ladies upstairs, I had to talk to both, ie both their scripts fire, I got two of everything off them, and the xp as well.

Made for interesting but fun kind of challenge as you can imagine, especially with Bertram and his tendency to summon skeletons LOL, kinda got crowed downstairs!

For the one character it was the butler spawn, see other thread, and for this guy it was this. Neither has been a game stopper, I don't mind. Also did you know there is a couple sleeping in the bed upstairs?

That aside, I do want to say what a fabulous job you've done with Gavin, definitely the most congenial and the most effective cleric in the game. Unlike the others, he will step in and heal without having to micro manage him to do so when another party member is in trouble. But then I just cannot bring myself to play a truly evil character, just too much pain in the real world IMHO, I don't want negativity in my games :). Chaotic yes, but evil no, so maybe that's why I find him so much more delightful than Bran, certainly nicer than Viconia.

Guest LadyRolePlay
I made a different thread Berelinde because it was a different player character and circumstances.

This time I had a male lg paladin, who has Gavin in his party. We go into the house and there's ermm yea.. two of EVERYONE.

Two butlers, two Bertrams, two of the lady upstairs. Ohh boy what a fight! I managed to do it by luring about half of the enemy out of the downstairs and into the street, then going back in to finish off who was left inside, then resting and going upstairs.

Both of the ladies upstairs, I had to talk to both, ie both their scripts fire, I got two of everything off them, and the xp as well.

Made for interesting but fun kind of challenge as you can imagine, especially with Bertram and his tendency to summon skeletons LOL, kinda got crowed downstairs!

For the one character it was the butler spawn, see other thread, and for this guy it was this. Neither has been a game stopper, I don't mind. Also did you know there is a couple sleeping in the bed upstairs?

That aside, I do want to say what a fabulous job you've done with Gavin, definitely the most congenial and the most effective cleric in the game. Unlike the others, he will step in and heal without having to micro manage him to do so when another party member is in trouble. But then I just cannot bring myself to play a truly evil character, just too much pain in the real world IMHO, I don't want negativity in my games :). Chaotic yes, but evil no, so maybe that's why I find him so much more delightful than Bran, certainly nicer than Viconia.

Actually problem is worse than I thought. With that play through, I found myself crashing to desk top. I was able to go to the temple and turn in the quest, but crash when going back to Bergost.

I had a save right before I did that quest. I went again to do it, same situation with the double number of characters. Once is fun but twice is not, I added a single shot sword .. a cheat to the game, ran through the deal, went back to the temple, try going back into town, and that save crashes also. In other words two different saves become corrupted.

So I am going to first dl the bergost crash fix and see if that solves the problem. If it does not I am going to by pass this quest for now, until a solution can be found, or if not, just refrain from doing it at all.

Two of everyone is a dead giveaway that it's a reinstallation issue. Did you, at any point, either reinstall Gavin or reinstall a mod that came before Gavin in the installation order? I ask because it wouldn't show up in your weidu.log, but it does affect game scripts.

Guest LadyRolePlay
Two of everyone is a dead giveaway that it's a reinstallation issue. Did you, at any point, either reinstall Gavin or reinstall a mod that came before Gavin in the installation order? I ask because it wouldn't show up in your weidu.log, but it does affect game scripts.

Because it's the mega mod install, I don't mess with anything, definitely not a re install as the Big Picture auto installs all those mods, having worked out orders etc.

Only one thing I did was to clua in the fix for the drizzit saga/dyna.. mod so her quest fires off and we see drizzit again somewhere (I have NOT found him yet, and hoped that fix worked).

While researching the bergost crash issue with a goggle, somewhere I found someone that said, go to high hedge.. don't go direct between the temple and bergost or something like that.

So after turning in the quest at the temple, instead of going to bergost, I went to high hedge, THEN to bergost, and from bergost I exited out to the areas on the west coast, trying to find drizzit and there have been no problems since, thus far.

I have no idea what is going on either :). I'm able to play on thus far with no problems and the quest turned in.

Guest LadyRolePlay

Because it's the mega mod install, I don't mess with anything, definitely not a re install as the Big Picture auto installs all those mods, having worked out orders etc.

Only one thing I did was to clua in the fix for the drizzit saga/dyna.. mod so her quest fires off and we see drizzit again somewhere (I have NOT found him yet, and hoped that fix worked).

While researching the bergost crash issue with a goggle, somewhere I found someone that said, go to high hedge.. don't go direct between the temple and bergost or something like that.

So after turning in the quest at the temple, instead of going to bergost, I went to high hedge, THEN to bergost, and from bergost I exited out to the areas on the west coast, trying to find drizzit and there have been no problems since, thus far.

I have no idea what is going on either :). I'm able to play on thus far with no problems and the quest turned in.

excuse me I made a mistake, it's not the big world mega mod not the big picture

Guest LadyRolePlay

excuse me I made a mistake, it's not the big world mega mod not the big picture

IT IS THE BIG WORLD Mega Mod LOL. It's like trying to get medicare and medicaid right :) I am always messing up which is which

I keep messing up...sorry again

Yes, you have the "BiG World Project" megamod and this includes the "Big Picture" Mod. :)

I don't know what is going on. I've not heard of the double enemys in the house before. I hope Berelinde can solve this mystery.

@ Berelinde

If you travel with your first character and go to the Temple of Beregost, all persons were spawn. Before that, the house is empty. Have I understand that right, Berelinde? Could it be, that if you start a second character and go with him to the Temple of Beregost too, that an additional spawning happens and this places the persons another time to the areas, or is this only happening in the save game, so that with a second character, this is not possible, because of a new game? What is with the cache?

Example:

- First created character wents to the Beregost temple.

- All persons spawns and were placed

- After that a new second created character wents to the Beregost temple

- Normally all persons spawns and placed at the same place, like the others are

Hmm, is hard to explain with my bad english and with my poor experience in modding. So excuse if I'm completly wrong. :)

Greetings Leomar

In theory, what you are saying is possible, but it's highly unlikely. In order to do it, the player would have to interrupt four script blocks somehow.

Lady Role Player, I'm thinking it's a fluke. As Leomar says, double spawns are unusual. I'm also thinking that I'm going to move the spawn point from the Beregost Temple to somewhere else the player is sure to go, like Lion's Way. It is rather strange that the house would be empty before, but suddenly, it isn't.

L.R.P., do you have any objection to learning a little weidu? Because if you're willing to use weidu to decompile a area script, I can investigate why you got double spawns.

As for the crash, well, that's Beregost for you. As you've seen, it happens sometimes, but not others.

Archived