Is it possible to change exp gain rates?

Guest Pig Whistle

Guest Pig Whistle

Hopefully not too complex. I'd like to change the rate at which certain party members gain exp. Lowering it by 50% or increasing it by the same for example.

Is there some kind of flag I can apply to them? Perhaps give the attruibute to a custom-made item?

Uhm, for certain party members?
Yes it is, the Geomantic Sorcerer does exactly that! So why not copy the affect from it to the char that needs it, the only problem is that you need to install the mod...

Don't really know how it's done really, but for custom install you can install the GS and then make a char that is a GS, save and exit, use Shadowkeeper to copy the Affect from one char to the that should be affected with it, and then change the 85 to 50 or to 150...

Or as a mod, you can copy the resource from the mod(it's called ca#expmod) and then make the char use that. :) How, don't ask, I don't know, really.

consult the IESDP jsut change that file and save it it your override folder. you can use DLTCEP or infinity explorer.
That's a quite radical change for a for a single char, especially as it might effect multi classes etc chars too... And by the by, for that the real original file is always in the "override" folder inside the game folder, it's called xplevel.tp2 too. :) Still, I won't go and recommend this solution, especially for a mod!
You could down the difficulty to halve exp party-wise
IIRC that's IWD1 only.

I'd like to change the rate at which certain party members gain exp
Extending their script with the like

IF

XPLT("MyObject",500000)

Global("XPadjustment","GLOBAL",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("XPadjustment","GLOBAL",1)

AddXPObject("MyObject",-250000)

END

IF

XPGT("MyObject",499999)

XPLT("MyObject",1000000)

Global("XPadjustment","GLOBAL",1)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("XPadjustment","GLOBAL",2)

AddXPObject("MyObject",-250000)

END

etc.

will work too.

I don't want to change the exp rates for the entire party though, just for one or two characters.

Thanks for all the advice so far, I'll look into some of these options.

Archived