Fallout 3

theacefes

You're Welcome. I 'treated' myself to the newly released King's Bounty while I was there. Hope you enjoy Oblivion. Happy Halloween !

Back on Topic: I do plan to buy Fallout 3 sometime in the future. It looks good but I've still got a backlog of games/mods too play first. I'm a slow gamer, now if I could play as fast as The Acefes I might someday get caught up. :p

I had preordered the game, in the hope it would live up to the originals.

And I was not disappointed. I find Fallout 3 is worthy to wear the name "Fallout", without any "but"s or "however"s. The old feel is there. And VATS rules. The feel of the old games is definitely there - Bethsoft did well. ^_^

The only thing that irked me a little bit is that my 10 year old female character already had a perfect hipswing going, despite not even having any hips worth mentioning yet. :D:p But since you're only playing the 10 year old version of your character for a short time, I guess that's not really worth to break a sweat over.

- :):p:):p:D:p :p

I too am enjoying it. Yeah, the game has a certain Oblivionesque feel to it, but without Oblivion's badly designed character advancement, and with an actually interesting story, unique characters, and actual dialogue options (not to mention VATS for cinematic combat), this game leaves Oblivion in the dust. Add in the right theme and feel, and you do indeed get a game worthy of the title Fallout 3. I mean, had anyone really expected a turn-based isometric approach in this day and age? Times change.

What do you know, no gun can stand against a sword-n-shield combatant, especially when he has good jumpers :p

The more I hear about vats, the more I'm getting intrigued, I confess.

Well, there's the Chinese Officer's Sword and the nice sword by the name of "Vampire's Edge" you can use for melee combat. VATS with that is pretty simple though: Instead of getting a choice of different body parts to hit, you instead you just have the whole body highlighted. And only if you're close enough for melee combat, of course. :D

- :p:) :) :p:D:p :p

I mean, had anyone really expected a turn-based isometric approach in this day and age?

At this time and age? Of course. Silent Storm was TB/pseudoisometric. Jagged Alliance 3 is going to be TB/pseudoisometric. Civilization IV was TB/isometric. Also, for example Matrix Games released 9 TB wargames this year alone.

From Bethesda? No. As they said long time ago, that's not what they do the best. Also, they don't do niche games.

I mean, had anyone really expected a turn-based isometric approach in this day and age?

At this time and age? Of course. Silent Storm was TB/pseudoisometric. Jagged Alliance 3 is going to be TB/pseudoisometric. Civilization IV was TB/isometric. Also, for example Matrix Games released 9 TB wargames this year alone.

From Bethesda? No. As they said long time ago, that's not what they do the best. Also, they don't do niche games.

Most of those games have an emphasis on the "tactical" or "strategy" element, though, where isometric view is an advantage. But in roleplaying people these days, the little girl in everyone - even boys - comes to the surface and wants to play dress-up with their own unique character and be able to *see* it. So 3D it is for mainly RPG games. :p

Seriously, my character in Morrowind had more clothes than I have had in my entire life :) . And I am not usually someone who is all that excited about fashion, though of course I am not opposed to clothes that I think look good. In fact, I *hate* clothes shopping - give me a trip to the comic store any time, but clothes shopping is just tiresome. :)

- :p:D:p :p :D:p :p

Most of those games have an emphasis on the "tactical" or "strategy" element, though, where isometric view is an advantage. But in roleplaying people these days, the little girl in everyone - even boys - comes to the surface and wants to play dress-up with their own unique character and be able to *see* it. So 3D it is for mainly RPG games. :)

How... alien.

Also, ToEE (and to a lesser extent Arcanum) had dressing up and stuff like that. Miniatures are better than Barbie dolls.

Anyway, does anyone react to what your character is wearing?

Archived