Exploring Conditions to Customize for Class and Party Size

cmorgan

FriendTalk 5

/* "Creative Culinary Conundrums", or, Whaddaya like to eat, 'cause I make this mean curry... */

FR prep on food resources -

Shadowdark ale is an ale brewed in Shadowdale with a dark brown cloudy bubbling appearance and a yellow foamy head. It was first served at The Old Skull but is now sold in many areas of Faerûn. It has a light, bitter taste

Blackbread is a loaf made from Wastel flour and Amnish molasses.

Jeff Grubb, Julia Martin, Steven E. Schend et al (1992). Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue

Silver Dragon sauce is a sauce served in Cormyr on sausage rolls. c.f. Ed Greenwood

Rashemi firewine (also known as Jhuild) is a reddish brown alcoholic beverage that is made by the Witches of Rashemen from certain herbs, grapes and fruits that grow in and around the Urlingwood. A bottle of Jhuild costs about 70gp in Rashemen and up to 120gp in other countries. Most non-Rashemen drink a version that is diluted with ale which sells for 2sp a tankard in Rashemen and 7 to 15 gp elsewhere.

Tethyrian_tanagluth

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (berrygobblers, native plants - but too much lore and it will be incomprehensible to folks who like BG2 but really don't follow/know the original FR setting).

Useful info from CLASS.IDS

1 MAGE
2 FIGHTER
3 CLERIC
4 THIEF
5 BARD
6 PALADIN
7 FIGHTER_MAGE
8 FIGHTER_CLERIC
9 FIGHTER_THIEF
10 FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF
11 DRUID
12 RANGER
13 MAGE_THIEF
14 CLERIC_MAGE
15 CLERIC_THIEF
16 FIGHTER_DRUID
17 FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC
18 CLERIC_RANGER
19 SORCERER
20 MONK
202 MAGE_ALL
203 FIGHTER_ALL
204 CLERIC_ALL
205 THIEF_ALL
206 BARD_ALL
207 PALADIN_ALL
208 DRUID_ALL
209 RANGER_ALL

Reminder: these two lines are equivalent. devSin's code snippets for reference,

Class(Player1,7) = Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE)

Rough Sketching, as a play with meanings on many levels: 1. coding recipies for using conditioned replies, 2. cooking up a friendtalk using apperitif, main course, and desert, and 3. in-game discussion of Faerunian cooking. Let's play with ideas!

/* BG2 FriendTalk 5 c-aranfriendbg2 = 9 */

/* "Creative Culinary Conundrums", or, Whaddaya like to eat, 'cause I make this mean curry... */

IF c-aranfriendbg2 = 9 THEN c-aranftfive DO SetGlobal c-aranfriendbg2 = 10

[ARAN] Well now, Let me see if I got all this straight. We do need a plan, after all.

So, how many folks are in-party to cook for, and how can we let the text string reflect this? Easy; Tokens (see the IESDP for the list).

IF NumInParty(2) [ARAN] <PLAYER1>, <PLAYER2>. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps.

IF NumInParty(3) [ARAN] <PLAYER1>, <PLAYER2>, <PLAYER3>. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps.

IF NumInParty(4) [ARAN] <PLAYER1>, <PLAYER2>, <PLAYER3>, <PLAYER4>. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps.

IF NumInParty(5) [ARAN] <PLAYER1>, <PLAYER2>, <PLAYER3>, <PLAYER4>, <PLAYER5>. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps.

IF NumInParty(6) [ARAN] <PLAYER1>, <PLAYER2>, <PLAYER3>, <PLAYER4>, <PLAYER5>, <PLAYER6>. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps.

In a game where PC = Galahad, and other players are Aran, Jaheira, Korgan, and Aerie, the text seen by the player would be

"Galahad, Aran, Jaheira, <Korgan, Aerie. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps."

How much cash do we have on hand?

IF PartyGoldGT(12000) We are richer than Sune's temple coffers, that's for sure. We could buy us a whole army o' mercenaries. I hear the Windriders are available.

IF PartyGoldGT(8000) PartyGoldGT(11999) We have plenty o' coin, though not quite enugh to start our own tradin' coster... Tymora's been right kind.

IF PartyGoldLT(8001) PartyGoldGT(151) We don't have much in the way o' coin, but we have some. Ilmater would be right proud o' us keepin' so close to the bone, but then I favor Tymora, so she might SAY we need to press our luck a little an' get us goin' a bit more lively, so to speak.

IF PartyGoldLT(150) We're flat out broke, as barren as Bane's Bones.

Are we a Good Witch, or a Bad Witch? Or are we just misunderstood?

IF ReputationGT(Player1,16) We have a reputation for doin' good works, whether deserved or not. In fact, most folks think we're some kind o' paladins of some sort, goin' about fixin' th' world. We're so good, Lathander's Golden light shines out our... well, that's niether here nor there.

IF ReputationLT(Player1,17) ReputationGT(Player1,9) We 're known by most folks as reasonably decent to have around.

IF ReputationLT(Player1,10) ReputationGT(Player1,7) We don't exactly have the most 'goody two-shoes' reputation. More like "Goody. Give us those two shoes. Y'ain't gonna be needin' 'em nohow."

IF ReputationLT(Player1,8) We are the meanest, nastiest, most self-servin' sons n' daughters o' bitches ever to walk Faerun. Or at least that's what folks say about us, when they scare their kids into goin' to bed at night.

What class is PC, and how do we avoid writing two different lines just for he said/she said?

IF Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL) So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> spellweaver, what's next?

IF Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL) So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> stronghandin' enemy-whackin' weapons<PRO_MANWOMAN>, what's next?

IF Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> liturgy-preachin' god-followin' wonder<PRO_BOYGIRL>, what's next?

IF Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL) So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> sticky-fingered quick-handed re-appropriator, what's next?

IF Class(Player1,BARD_ALL) So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> smooth talkin' music-spoutin' entertainer, what's next?

IF Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL) So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> Exemplar o' Strength, Tower o' Virtue, what's next?

IF Class(Player1,DRUID_ALL) So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> back-to-the-basics naturalist, what's next?

IF Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL) So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> hunter, what's next?

OK, class-specific replies:

spellweaver

{pc takes offence} Speak that disrespectfully to me again, and you will find I have polymorphed you into a frog. Or perhaps just parts of you into a frog.

<<EXIT_BLOCK>>

{pc unsure} Are you asking what task is next, or are you asking what we should do about our current situation?

{pc jokes back} Such a deep analysis, Aran. Perhaps I should teach you some minor cantrips after all.

{pc expands} I think I have a recepie or two tucked away somewhere... no, that's a scroll... no, that's old research... never mind me, go on. It may take awhile to find them.

weapon

{pc takes offence} Do you have a death wish? It sounded like you just spoke to me with disrespect.

{pc unsure} Are you asking what task is next, or are you asking what we should do about our current situation?

<<EXIT_BLOCK>>

{pc jokes back} Dinner at Haversons of Waterdeep, of course. Carrying all this weaponry, I would fit right in among the elite.

{pc expands} Well, what about a bet. I kill something, you cook it. You win if it tastes great, I win if it doesn't.

>>>FOLLOW UP LOOP:

>>>>> A: What did you have in mind?

>>>>>>> ++ Perhaps some nice venison...

>>>>>>> ++ Oh, I 'll find something. A brace of hares, a bird, a vampire or two... who knows?

>>>>>>> ++ Actually, last time I bet with you, it turned out to be a big mistake.

priest

{pc takes offence} I find your irreverence towards my faith disturbing, Aran. Perhaps you wish an early audience with my god?

{pc unsure} Are you interested in what is next in the metaphysical sense, about our place on the Great Wheel?

{pc jokes back} The gods will provide. Well, actually, the gods will provide the opportunity. We provide action.

<<EXIT_BLOCK>>

{pc expands} I might have an idea or two. Wait... did you just say this was about cooking? Or is this about our future plans?

thief

{pc takes offence} The last person who alluded to my interests with such disrespect had an accident.

>>>FOLLOW UP LOOP:

>>>>> A: You are playin' wi' me again, <CHARNAME.

>>>>>>> ++ It was an accident. A minor inconvenience. He 'accidentally' fell out of a second story window. Twice. While tied to a chair. It was most distressing.

>>>>>>> ++ No, really. He had an accident. Some things you just don't tempt fate with, Aran, and one of those is talking about my work.

>>>>>>> ++ It was no accident. I stole his purse just after he had agreed to pay for a round of drinks for a group of Chondathan mercenary lads. I think he survived the beating.

{pc jokes back} Why, my hide-bound, slow-witted stableboy, I think the next item on the agenda is dinner.

<<EXIT_BLOCK>>

bard

I am not sure that I enjoy your words and tone, Aran. Bards and Bardesses prefer to be known as such. The title 'entertainer' often carries connotations that are not favorable except perhaps for followers of Sune.

{pc takes offence} Speak that disrespectfully to me again, and you will find I have polymorphed you into a frog. Or perhaps just parts of you into a frog.

{pc jokes back} Well now, my rough-talking, weapon-swinging, slow-to-think friend, are you asking about what adventure we should tackle next, or is your stomach growling again?

>>>FOLLOW UP LOOP:

>>>>> A: That wasn't my stomach gowlin', I swear - an' judging by th' smell, I think last night's dinner did some harm to one o' us.

>>>>>>> ++ Hey, keep downwind of me!

>>>>>>> ++ Didn't you cook last night?

>>>>>>> ++ Guilty as charged. Iron rations seem to disagree with me lately.

{pc jokes back} Why, my hide-bound, slow-witted stableboy, I think the next item on the agenda is dinner.

<<EXIT_BLOCK>>

paladin

{pc takes offence} I am not sure you are speaking to me appropriately, Aran. I think that I have earned the right to be treated with respect.

{pc jokes back} Food? We don't need food, Aran, we could fast! You go ahead and start. I have done my fasting for the month, so I will be sure your share will not go to waste.

{pc expands} Actually, dinner is always a good subject for conversation.

<<EXIT_BLOCK>>

druid

{pc takes offence} Perhaps I have been treating you too kindly, and you have sought to rebalance our relationship with inapropriate disrespect?

{pc jokes back} I don't know. Let me confer with a game animal or two, and get back to you. Shall we bet that they would prefer you chose plant over animal for consumption?

<<EXIT_BLOCK>>

ranger

{pc takes offence} I am not accustomed to being spoken to with such disrespect. Guarding the wilds is a position I take seriously.

{pc jokes back} I think I have just the chalenge for you. Zhentian owlbear!

>>>FOLLOW UP LOOP:

>>>>> A: Hold on, now - I heard they was poisonous.

>>>>>>> ++ A minor inconvenience. I wager you could still make it taste wonderful.

>>>>>>> ++ Why, yes, they are. There is a two out of five chance we would nick a poison sac during

>>>>>>> ++ All roumors, vicious rumors. I think. They might not be poisonous at all.

<<EXIT_BLOCK>>

funneling back to the topic through one of five potential states:

Aye, you are a <PRO_MANWOMAN> of my own heart. I was just thinkin' about dinner myself.

Aye, point taken. No disrespect intended. It's just that I was thinkin' o' dinner.

No, nothin' so grand. Just what are we doin' about dinner.

You're pullin' my leg clean off my body, there.

No, I don't think that's a bet I'd take, m'<PRO_BORYGIRL>.

PC replies:

You have got to be joking. You gave an analysis of our situation to help decide what to cook for dinner?

Actually, I was thinking of having some food, too. What do you suggest?

Having heard that summary of our situation, I don't think I am feeling very hungry. But I suppose we have to eat.

I don't care. Prepare something, and I'll eat it.

IF {romance} I was thinking more about what might be on the menu after dinner.

{romance}

We don't have much in th' way of sweets an' such, I think... wait a sc. You weren't talkin' about food, were you.

>>>FOLLOW UP LOOP: ++ Yes, of course I was. I was talking about desert.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A: Right, then. Well. I'll see what I have available for desert.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ++ No, Aran. I was thinking more of burning off some extra energy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A: Right, then. You sure you want to wait unil after dinner?

++ Yes

++ No

CHAIN

~HEY - there are other party members about

~Food before fun

~It is a private conversation

YES: I'll keep somethin' in mind what to sweeten your evenin', <CHARNAME>.

NO: Tell you what. Maybe we find some quiet place to prep th' meal, so to speak. I could use your help wi' the real plannin', though, on account o' me bein' distracted by the way your lips curve just so... an' your collarbone just so... *ahem*.

The Main Course

Well, now. Comin' up with decent meals is more tricky than it appears. It helps to know what you have, an' what you might be doin' next. I mean, cookin' a light meal before fightin' a Great Wyrm is a good idea. Eatin' spicy food before explorin' a dark place that smells like a Calimport sewer, well, that is an invitation for disaster.

How many folks to cook for

IF NumInParty(2) It's only the two of us, anyways. So it won't take much time.

IF NumInParty(3) Three to cook for, no problem. I'll set it up next time we rest.

IF NumInPartyGT(3) We will need to take a bit o' time to cook for so many, but it could be worth it.

What kind of ingredients

IF PartyGoldGT(12000) I think a full roast, honey glazed an' served with a juniper berry reduction. We have some blackbread I picked up in Athalka, an' some Rashemi FireWine to round it out.

IF PartyGoldGT(8000) PartyGoldGT(11999) I cook a mean curry, fit to wake th' dead. Lamb an' peas, a few roots, an' a packet o' spices from Calimshaw. I even have a mite bit o' oil.

IF PartyGoldLT(8001) PartyGoldGT(151) I think a stone-cooked flatbread, some o' that dried venison stirred in wi' vegetables for a decent curry, an' we're in business. It uses some supplies what cost a mite, but we can't be eatin' iron rations every night.

IF PartyGoldLT(150) I think I can spit a few berrygobblers on a stick, nicely seasoned, an' give 'em a good roast. Otherwise, I'd be usin' supplies what cost coin, an' we don't have it to spare.

Descriptors tailored to likely characterization

IF ReputationGT(Player1,16) I know, I know - we probably ought to give some o' it away for the less fortunate, an' all that. Well, not this time.

IF ReputationLT(Player1,17) ReputationGT(Player1,7) I think I can keep it mostly smokeless, an' bank th' coals well. We don't want to attract much attention.

IF ReputationLT(Player1,8) I'd joke about servin' up the stewed hearts o' our enemies, but I'm not sure that you'd see th' joke. So I'd better stick to what I know how to cook. Besides, some o' them might have been poisoned.

Class specific follow up

IF Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL) So how are you goin' to help, oh mighty spellweaver? Start a fire wi' your fingers, or just create it out of thin air?

IF Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL) So how are you goin' to help, strongarm - gatherin' firewood, or cleanin' up?

IF Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) So how are you goin' to help, oh Speaker o' the Gods - cleanin' up, or buildin' th' fire?

IF Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL) So how are you goin' to help, oh agile one - cuttin' th' ingredients, or just disappearin' into the shadows the way you sometimes do?

IF Class(Player1,BARD_ALL) So how are you goin' to help, oh ent... I mean, oh Great Beguiler? Sing our supper to the right temperature?

IF Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL) So how are you goin' to help, oh Great Light o' the World? Just don't do no extra layin' on o' hands - I don't like cookin' things alive.

IF Class(Player1,DRUID_ALL) So how are you goin' to help, oh Protector of the Balance? An' IF you start in about how tasty grubs are, I'm not lettin' you near th' cookin' pots.

IF Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL) So how are you goin' to help, oh woodland warrior? Huntin' down supplies, or cuttin' up ingredients?

++ I think my contribution will be providing an audience for your work. After all, the true work of eating is done by the taster, is it not?

++ I shall drink Shadowdark ale and enjoy the fire while you serve me.

++ I am good at cleaning up. I usually have to clean up after you regularly anyways.

++ Of course I will help with cutting up the ingredients.

+ MAGE_ALL + One simple Burning hands spell, and your coals will be ready. Or would you rather I use lightning? A fireball spell?

+ BARD_ALL + I shall entertain you in grand style, while you preoare a feast for the ages. Of course, in less flowery phrases, that means you cook while I sit and practice.

+ FIGHTER_MAGE + Toss a coin, Aran. Spellcraft for fire, or weapons skills for carving.

+ RANGER_ALL|THIEF_ALL + I shall scout the area, I think. You cook, and I will keep one eye on you, and one on our surroundings.

exiting, 2 states

Aye, that would be right kind o' you to help.

Hanali Celanil's Bouncing Bosom, I don't know when you are teasin' me, an' when you are not. But suit yourself.

Rough Code Draft (with fixes) Round 1

/* BG2 FriendTalk 5 c-aranfriendbg2 = 9 */

CHAIN IF ~Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",9)~ THEN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfive
~[ARAN] Well now, Let me see if I got all this straight. We do need a plan, after all.~  
DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",10)~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~NumInParty(2)~ THEN ~[ARAN] <PLAYER1>, <PLAYER2>. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~NumInParty(3)~ THEN ~[ARAN] <PLAYER1>, <PLAYER2>, <PLAYER3>. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~NumInParty(4)~ THEN ~[ARAN] <PLAYER1>, <PLAYER2>, <PLAYER3>, <PLAYER4>. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~NumInParty(5)~ THEN ~[ARAN] <PLAYER1>, <PLAYER2>, <PLAYER3>, <PLAYER4>, <PLAYER5>. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~NumInParty(6)~ THEN ~[ARAN] <PLAYER1>, <PLAYER2>, <PLAYER3>, <PLAYER4>, <PLAYER5>, <PLAYER6>. All present an' accounted for. Well, mostly, anyways. Ain't no accountin' for some o' us, perhaps.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~PartyGoldGT(12000)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We are richer than Sune's temple coffers, that's for sure. We could buy us a whole army o' mercenaries. I hear the Windriders are available.~ 
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~PartyGoldGT(8000) PartyGoldGT(11999)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We have plenty o' coin, though not quite enugh to start our own tradin' coster... Tymora's been right kind.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~PartyGoldLT(8001) PartyGoldGT(151)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We don't have much in the way o' coin, but we have some. Ilmater would be right proud o' us keepin' so close to the bone, but then I favor Tymora, so she might say we need to press our luck a little an' get us goin' a bit more lively, so to speak. 
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~PartyGoldLT(150)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We're flat out broke, as barren as Bane's Bones.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~ReputationGT(Player1,16)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We have a reputation for doin' good works, whether deserved or not. In fact, most folks think we're some kind o' paladins of some sort, goin' about fixin' th' world. We're so good, Lathander's Golden light shines out our... well, that's niether here nor there. 
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~ReputationLT(Player1,17)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ReputationGT(Player1,9) We 're known by most folks as reasonably decent to have around.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~ReputationLT(Player1,10)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ReputationGT(Player1,7) We don't exactly have the most 'goody two-shoes' reputation. More like "Goody. Give us those two shoes. Y'ain't gonna be needin' 'em nohow."~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~ReputationLT(Player1,8)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We are the meanest, nastiest, most self-servin' sons n' daughters o' bitches ever to walk Faerun. Or at least that's what folks say about us, when they scare their kids into goin' to bed at night.~
END
+ ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivespellweaver
+ ~Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfiveweapon
+ ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivepriest
+ ~Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivethief
+ ~Class(Player1,BARD_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivebard
+ ~Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivepaladin
+ ~Class(Player1,DRUID_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivedruid
+ ~Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfiveranger

IF ~~ c-aranftfivespellweaver
 SAY ~[ARAN] So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> spellweaver, what's next?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Speak that disrespectfully to me again, and you will find I have polymorphed you into a frog. Or perhaps just parts of you into a frog.~ GOTO 
 <<EXIT_BLOCK>>
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Are you asking what task is next, or are you asking what we should do about our current situation?~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Such a deep analysis, Aran. Perhaps I should teach you some minor cantrips after all.~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I think I have a recepie or two tucked away somewhere... no, that's a scroll... no, that's old research... never mind me, go on. It may take a while to find them.~ GOTO 
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiveweapon
 SAY ~[ARAN] So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> stronghandin' enemy-whackin' weapons<PRO_MANWOMAN>, what's next?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Do you have a death wish? It sounded like you just spoke to me with disrespect.~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Are you asking what task is next, or are you asking what we should do about our current situation?~ GOTO 
 <<EXIT_BLOCK>>
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Dinner at Haversons of Waterdeep, of course. Carrying all this weaponry, I would fit right in among the elite.~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Well, what about a bet. I kill something, you cook it. You win if it tastes great, I win if it doesn't.~ GOTO c-aranftfiveweaponfollow 
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiveweaponfollow
 SAY ~[ARAN] What did you have in mind?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Perhaps some nice venison...~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Oh, I 'll find something. A brace of hares, a bird, a vampire or two... who knows?~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Actually, last time I bet with you, it turned out to be a big mistake.~ GOTO 
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivepriest
 SAY ~[ARAN] So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> liturgy-preachin' god-followin' wonder<PRO_BOYGIRL>, what's next?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I find your irreverence towards my faith disturbing, Aran. Perhaps you wish an early audience with my god?~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Are you interested in what is next in the metaphysical sense, about our place on the Great Wheel?~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] The gods will provide. Well, actually, the gods will provide the opportunity. We provide action.~ GOTO 
 <<EXIT_BLOCK>>
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I might have an idea or two. Wait... did you just say this was about cooking? Or is this about our future plans?~ GOTO 
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivethief
 SAY ~[ARAN] So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> sticky-fingered quick-handed re-appropriator, what's next?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] The last person who alluded to my interests with such disrespect had an accident.~ GOTO  
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Why, my hide-bound, slow-witted stableboy, I think the next item on the agenda is dinner.~ GOTO  
<<EXIT_BLOCK>>
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivethieffollow
 SAY ~[ARAN] You are playin' wi' me again, <CHARNAME>.~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] It was an accident. A minor inconvenience. He 'accidentally' fell out of a second story window. Twice. While tied to a chair. It was most distressing.~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] No, really. He had an accident. Some things you just don't tempt fate with, Aran, and one of those is talking about my work.~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] It was no accident. I stole his purse just after he had agreed to pay for a round of drinks for a group of Chondathan mercenary lads. I think he survived the beating.~ GOTO 
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivebard
 SAY ~[ARAN] So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> smooth talkin' music-spoutin' entertainer, what's next?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I am not sure that I enjoy your words and tone, Aran. Bards and Bardesses prefer to be known as such. The title 'entertainer' often carries connotations that are not favorable except perhaps for followers of Sune.~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Well now, my rough-talking, weapon-swinging, slow-to-think friend, are you asking about what adventure we should tackle next, or is your stomach growling again?~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Why, my hide-bound, slow-witted stableboy, I think the next item on the agenda is dinner.~ GOTO  
 <<EXIT_BLOCK>>
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivebardfollow
 SAY ~[ARAN] That wasn't my stomach gowlin', I swear - an' judging by th' smell, I think last night's dinner did some harm to one o' us.~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Hey, keep downwind of me!~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Didn't you cook last night?~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Guilty as charged. Iron rations seem to disagree with me lately.~ GOTO 
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivepaladin
 SAY ~[ARAN] So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> Exemplar o' Strength, Tower o' Virtue, what's next?
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I am not sure you are speaking to me appropriately, Aran. I think that I have earned the right to be treated with respect.~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Food? We don't need food, Aran, we could fast! You go ahead and start. I have done my fasting for the month, so I will be sure your share will not go to waste.~ GOTO  
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Actually, dinner is always a good subject for conversation.~ GOTO 
 <<EXIT_BLOCK>>
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivedruid
 SAY ~[ARAN] So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> back-to-the-basics naturalist, what's next?
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Perhaps I have been treating you too kindly, and you have sought to rebalance our relationship with inapropriate disrespect?~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I don't know. Let me confer with a game animal or two, and get back to you. Shall we bet that they would prefer you chose plant over animal for consumption?~ GOTO 
 <<EXIT_BLOCK>>
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiveranger
 SAY ~[ARAN] So, m'<PRO_LADYLORD> hunter, what's next?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I am not accustomed to being spoken to with such disrespect. Guarding the wilds is a position I take seriously.~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I think I have just the chalenge for you. Zhentian owlbear!~ GOTO 
 <<EXIT_BLOCK>>
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiveranger
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hold on, now - I heard they was poisonous.~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] A minor inconvenience. I wager you could still make it taste wonderful.~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Why, yes, they are. There is a two out of five chance we would nick a poison sac during preparation, and not know it until we had finished our meal.~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] All roumors, vicious rumors. I think. They might not be poisonous at all.~ GOTO 
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiveheart
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, you are a <PRO_MANWOMAN> of my own heart. I was just thinkin' about dinner myself.~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] You have got to be joking. You gave an analysis of our situation to help decide what to cook for dinner?~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Actually, I was thinking of having some food, too. What do you suggest?~ GOTO
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Having heard that summary of our situation, I don't think I am feeling very hungry. But I suppose we have to eat.~ GOTO
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I don't care. Prepare something, and I'll eat it.~ GOTO
 IF ~Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I was thinking more about what might be on the menu after dinner.~ GOTO
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivedisrespect
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, point taken. No disrespect intended. It's just that I was thinkin' o' dinner.~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] You have got to be joking. You gave an analysis of our situation to help decide what to cook for dinner?~ GOTO 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Actually, I was thinking of having some food, too. What do you suggest?~ GOTO
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Having heard that summary of our situation, I don't think I am feeling very hungry. But I suppose we have to eat.~ GOTO
 IF ~Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I was thinking more about what might be on the menu after dinner.~ GOTO
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivegrand
 SAY ~[ARAN] No, nothin' so grand. Just what are we doin' about dinner.~
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivejoking
 SAY ~[ARAN] You're pullin' my leg clean off my body, there.~
END

c-aranftfivebet
 SAY ~[ARAN] No, I don't think that's a bet I'd take, m'<PRO_BORYGIRL>.~
 IF ~Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I was thinking more about what might be on the menu after dinner.~ GOTO c-aranftfiveromance
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiveromance
 SAY ~[ARAN] We don't have much in th' way of sweets an' such, I think... wait a sec. You weren't talkin' about food, were you.~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Yes, of course I was. I was talking about desert.~ GOTO c-aranftfiveyes
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] No, Aran. I was thinking more of burning off some extra energy.~ GOTO c-aranftfiveno
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiveno
 SAY ~[ARAN] Right, then. You sure you want to wait unil after dinner?~
 IF ~NumInParty(2)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Yes. But you can think of ways to make my meal end very pleasurably.~ GOTO c-aranftfiveflirt
 IF ~NumInParty(2)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] No, I think I would rather not wait all that time.~ GOTO c-aranftfiveflirt
 IF ~NumInPartyGT(2)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Yes. But you can think of ways to make my meal end very pleasurably.~ GOTO c-aranftfivenpcs
 IF ~NumInPartyGT(2)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] No, I think I would rather not wait all that time.~ GOTO c-aranftfivenpcs						 
END

CHAIN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivenpcs
~[ARAN] 
== ~CERNDJ~ IF ~InParty("Cernd") InMyArea("Cernd") !StateCheck("Cernd",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[CERND]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~EDWINJ~ IF ~InParty("Edwin") InMyArea("Edwin") !StateCheck("Edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[EDWIN]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~HAERDAJ~ IF ~InParty("HaerDalis") InMyArea("HaerDalis") !StateCheck("HaerDalis",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[HAERDALIS]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~JAHEIRAJ~ IF ~InParty("Jaheira") InMyArea("Jaheira") !StateCheck("Jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[JAHEIRA]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~JANJ~ IF ~InParty("Jan") InMyArea("Jan") !StateCheck("Jan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[JAN]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~KELDORJ~ IF ~InParty("Keldorn") InMyArea("Keldorn") !StateCheck("Keldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[KELDORN]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~KORGANJ~ IF ~InParty("Korgan") InMyArea("Korgan") !StateCheck("Korgan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[KORGAN]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~MAZZYJ~ IF ~InParty("Mazzy") InMyArea("Mazzy") !StateCheck("Mazzy",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MAZZY]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~MINSCJ~ IF ~InParty("Minsc") InMyArea("Minsc") !StateCheck("Minsc",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MINSC]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~NALIAJ~ IF ~InParty("Nalia") InMyArea("Nalia") !StateCheck("Nalia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[NALIA]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~VALYGARJ~ IF ~InParty("Valygar") InMyArea("Valygar") !StateCheck("Valygar",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[VALYGAR]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~VICONIJ~ IF ~InParty("Viconia") InMyArea("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[VICONIA]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~YOSHJ~ IF ~InParty("Yoshimo") InMyArea("Yoshimo") !StateCheck("Yoshimo",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[YOSHIMO]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~IMOEN2J~ IF ~InParty("Imoen2") InMyArea("Imoen2") !StateCheck("Imoen2",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[IMOEN]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~AERIEJ~ IF ~InParty("Aerie") InMyArea("Aerie") !StateCheck("Aerie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[AERIE]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
== ~ANOMENJ~ IF ~InParty("Anomen") InMyArea("Anomen") !StateCheck("Anomen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ANOMEN]  <<SPOKEN_TEXT>> ( <<ACTION_TEXT>> ) ~
END
IF ~~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivenpcsout

IF ~~ c-aranftfivenpcsout						 
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hey! We are talkin' here! Private conversation, eh? Bugger off!~ 
 IF ~~ THEN GOTO c-aranftfiveflirt
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiveflirt 
 SAY ~[ARAN] I'll keep somethin' in mind what to sweeten your evenin', <CHARNAME>. Tell you what. Maybe we find some quiet place to prep th' meal, so to speak. I could use your help wi' the real plannin', though, on account o' me bein' distracted by the way your lips curve just so... an' your collarbone just so... *ahem*. ~
 IF ~~ THEN GOTO c-aranftfivemain
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiveyes
 SAY ~[ARAN] I was kinda hopin'... no matter. I'll see what I have available for desert.
 IF ~~ THEN GOTO c-aranftfivemain
END

CHAIN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivemain
~[ARAN] Well, now. Comin' up with decent meals is more tricky than it appears. It helps to know what you have, an' what you might be doin' next. I mean, cookin' a light meal before fightin' a Great Wyrm is a good idea. Eatin' spicy food before explorin' a dark place that smells like a Calimport sewer, well, that is an invitation for disaster.
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~NumInParty(2)~ THEN ~[ARAN] It's only the two of us, anyways. So it won't take much time.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~NumInParty(3)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Three to cook for, no problem. I'll set it up next time we rest.
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~NumInPartyGT(3)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We will need to take a bit o' time to cook for so many, but it could be worth it.
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~PartyGoldGT(12000)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I think a full roast, honey glazed an' served with a juniper berry reduction. We have some blackbread I picked up in Athalka, an' some Rashemi FireWine to round it out.
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~PartyGoldGT(8000)~ THEN ~[ARAN] PartyGoldGT(11999) I cook a mean curry, fit to wake th' dead. Lamb an' peas, a few roots, an' a packet o' spices from Calimshaw. I even have a mite bit o' oil. 
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~PartyGoldLT(8001)~ THEN ~[ARAN] PartyGoldGT(151) I think a stone-cooked flatbread, some o' that dried venison stirred in wi' vegetables for a decent curry, an' we're in business. It uses some supplies what cost a mite, but we can't be eatin' iron rations every night. 
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~PartyGoldLT(150)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I think I can spit a few berrygobblers on a stick, nicely seasoned, an' give 'em a good roast. Otherwise, I'd be usin' supplies what cost coin, an' we don't have it to spare.
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~ReputationGT(Player1,16)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I know, I know - we probably ought to give some o' it away for the less fortunate, an' all that. Well, not this time. 
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~ReputationLT(Player1,17)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ReputationGT(Player1,7) I think I can keep it mostly smokeless, an' bank th' coals well. We don't want to attract much attention.
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~ReputationLT(Player1,8)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'd joke about servin' up the stewed hearts o' our enemies, but I'm not sure that you'd see th' joke. So I'd better stick to what I know how to cook. Besides, some o' them might have been poisoned. 
END
IF ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivemagefin
IF ~Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivefighterfin
IF ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfiveclericfin
IF ~Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivethieffin
IF ~Class(Player1,BARD_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivebardfin
IF ~Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivepaladinfin
IF ~Class(Player1,DRUID_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfivedruidfin 
IF ~Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)~ EXTERN ~C-ARANJ~ c-aranftfiverangerfin

IF ~~ c-aranftfivemagefin
 SAY ~[ARAN] So how are you goin' to help, oh mighty spellweaver? Start a fire wi' your fingers, or just create it out of thin air?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I am good at cleaning up. I usually have to clean up after you regularly anyways.~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword2
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] One simple Burning hands spell, and your coals will be ready. Or would you rather I use lightning? A fireball spell?~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword2
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I shall drink Shadowdark ale and enjoy the fire while you serve me.~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword2
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivefighterfin
 SAY ~[ARAN] So how are you goin' to help, strongarm - gatherin' firewood, or cleanin' up?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I shall drink Shadowdark ale and enjoy the fire while you serve me.~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword2
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I am good at cleaning up. I usually have to clean up after you regularly anyways.~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword2
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Of course I will help with cutting up the ingredients.~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword1
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiveclericfin
 SAY ~[ARAN] So how are you goin' to help, oh Speaker o' the Gods - cleanin' up, or buildin' th' fire?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I think my contribution will be providing an audience for your work. After all, the true work of eating is done by the taster, is it not?~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword2
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] Of course I will help with cutting up the ingredients.~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword1
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivethieffin
 SAY ~[ARAN] So how are you goin' to help, oh agile one - cuttin' th' ingredients, or just disappearin' into the shadows the way you sometimes do?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I shall scout the area, I think. You cook, and I will keep one eye on you, and one on our surroundings.~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword1
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivebardfin
 SAY ~[ARAN] So how are you goin' to help, oh ent... I mean, oh Great Beguiler? Sing our supper to the right temperature?~
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I shall entertain you in grand style, while you prepare a feast for the ages. Of course, in less flowery phrases, that means you cook while I sit and practice.~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword2
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivepaladinfin
 SAY ~[ARAN] So how are you goin' to help, oh Great Light o' the World? Just don't do no extra layin' on o' hands - I don't like cookin' things alive.~ 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I think my contribution will be providing an audience for your work. After all, the true work of eating is done by the taster, is it not?~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword2
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I am good at cleaning up. A clean mind, a clean body, and... well, never mind. I am not sure you would completly understand.~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword2
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivedruidfin
 SAY ~[ARAN] So how are you goin' to help, oh Protector of the Balance? An' if you start in about how tasty grubs are, I'm not lettin' you near th' cookin' pots.~ 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I shall scout the area, I think. You cook, and I will keep one eye on you, and one on our surroundings.~ GOTO c-aranftfivelastword1
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfiverangerfin
 SAY ~[ARAN] So how are you goin' to help, oh woodland warrior? Huntin' down supplies, or cuttin' up ingredients?~
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivelastword1
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, that would be right kind o' you to help.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-aranftfivelastword2
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hanali Celanil's Bouncing Bosom, I don't know when you are teasin' me, an' when you are not. But suit yourself.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Playing with Detecting Other NPC's Class

/* Quest, Area, or Scenario Specific Short Talks */

/* In Watcher's Keep */

IF ~Global("c-aranwatchkeep","GLOBAL",1)~ c-aranwatcherskeep
 SAY ~[ARAN] I don't rightly think this were a good idea, <CHARNAME>.~
 ++ ~[PC] Well, that is great to know, Aran. But I make the decisions.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranwatchkeep","GLOBAL",1)~ + c-aranwatcherskeep1
 ++ ~[PC] What is the problem?.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranwatchkeep","GLOBAL",1)~ + c-aranwatcherskeep2
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Look, you are good at getting information. Rather than complaining about the task, why not go find out what traps await us?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranwatchkeep","GLOBAL",1)~ + c-aranwkthief
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] You did memorize a divination spell or two, right? Rather than complaining about the task, why not get your magical energies flowing.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranwatchkeep","GLOBAL",1)~ + c-aranwkmage
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] A prayer or two, perhaps a Chant or Bless might be a good idea. I would rather have you helping than worrying.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranwatchkeep","GLOBAL",1)~ + c-aranwkcleric
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] There is nothing here your weapons will not take care of quickly, Aran. The troubles will be far deeper than the first level, I am sure.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranwatchkeep","GLOBAL",1)~ + c-aranwkfighter
END

IF ~~ c-aranwatcherskeep1
 SAY ~[ARAN] I know that. I just be thinkin' we have enough troubles wi' out messin' with a great big stone cairn filled wi' unspeakable evil. We have already done that a few times, eh?~
 ++ ~[PC] I did not have us take this task lightly. This could provide us with advantages we need later on in our travels.~ + c-aranwkneed
 ++ ~[PC] Do not worry, Aran. We have prevailed so far. We will be laughing about this later on.~ + c-aranwatcherskeeplaugh
 + ~Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Look, I am good at getting information. Rather than complaining about the task, I think I will go find out what traps await us.~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I have a divination spell or two up my sleeve. Rather than complaining about the task, I think I will get my magical energies flowing.~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] A prayer or two, perhaps a Chant or Bless might be a good idea. I will let you do all of the silly worrying by yourself.~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] The troubles will be far deeper than the first level, I am sure. But if we keep a watchful eye, this adventure could be very useful to us. Or have you lost your courage?~ + c-aranwkfinal
END 

IF ~~ c-aranwatcherskeep2
 SAY ~[ARAN] Oh, no problem, exactly. Except we seem to be traipsin' about, messin' with a great big stone cairn filled wi' unspeakable evil. We have already done that a few times, eh?~
 ++ ~[PC] I did not have us take this task lightly. This could provide us with advantages we need later on in our travels.~ + c-aranwkneed
 ++ ~[PC] Do not worry, Aran. We have prevailed so far. We will be laughing about this later on.~ + c-aranwatcherskeeplaugh
 + ~Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Look, I am good at getting information. Rather than complaining about the task, I think I will go find out what traps await us.~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I have a divination spell or two up my sleeve. Rather than complaining about the task, I think I will get my magical energies flowing.~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] A prayer or two, perhaps a Chant or Bless might be a good idea. I will let you do all of the silly worrying by yourself.~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] The troubles will be far deeper than the first level, I am sure. But if we keep a watchful eye, this adventure could be very useful to us. Or have you lost your courage?~ + c-aranwkfinal
END

IF ~~ c-aranwkthief
 SAY ~[ARAN] I might just do that. But I'm not sure about messin' with a great big stone cairn filled wi' unspeakable evil. We have already done that a few times, eh?~
 + ~Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Would you rather I do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player2,THIEF_ALL) !Name(Player2,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER2> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player3,THIEF_ALL) !Name(Player3,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER3> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player4,THIEF_ALL) !Name(Player4,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER4> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player5,THIEF_ALL) !Name(Player5,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER5> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player6,THIEF_ALL) !Name(Player6,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER6> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
END

IF ~~ c-aranwkmage
 SAY ~[ARAN] I can get th' energies flowin' right fine. I just am a mite worried about messin' with a great big stone cairn filled wi' unspeakable evil. We have already done that a few times, eh?~
 + ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Would you rather I cast some preparatory spells, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player2,MAGE_ALL) !Name(Player2,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER2> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player3,MAGE_ALL) !Name(Player3,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER3> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player4,MAGE_ALL) !Name(Player4,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER4> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player5,MAGE_ALL) !Name(Player5,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER5> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player6,MAGE_ALL) !Name(Player6,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER6> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
END

IF ~~ c-aranwkcleric
 SAY ~[ARAN] I can call on my spiritual side right fine. I just am a mite worried about messin' with a great big stone cairn filled wi' unspeakable evil. We have already done that a few times, eh?~
 + ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Would you rather I do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player2,CLERIC_ALL) !Name(Player2,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER2> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player3,CLERIC_ALL) !Name(Player3,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER3> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player4,CLERIC_ALL) !Name(Player4,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER4> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player5,CLERIC_ALL) !Name(Player5,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER5> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player6,CLERIC_ALL) !Name(Player6,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] Would you rather <PLAYER6> do it, Aran? I mean, if you think you need the help...~ + c-aranwkfinal
END

IF ~~ c-aranwkfighter
 SAY ~[ARAN] I'm right proud to say I bet we can lick just about anythin' fair an' square, an' that's before we start fightin' dirty. I just am a mite worried about messin' with a great big stone cairn filled wi' unspeakable evil. We have already done that a few times, eh?~
 + ~Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Would you rather I take point, Aran? I mean, if you think you need to guard the rear...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player2,FIGHTER_ALL) !Name(Player2,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] We could always have <PLAYER2> lead out. I mean, if you think you cannot handle taking point...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player3,FIGHTER_ALL) !Name(Player3,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] We could always have <PLAYER3> lead out. I mean, if you think you cannot handle taking point...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player4,FIGHTER_ALL) !Name(Player4,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] We could always have <PLAYER4> lead out. I mean, if you think you cannot handle taking point...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player5,FIGHTER_ALL) !Name(Player5,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] We could always have <PLAYER5> lead out. I mean, if you think you cannot handle taking point...~ + c-aranwkfinal
 + ~Class(Player6,FIGHTER_ALL) !Name(Player6,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] We could always have <PLAYER6> lead out. I mean, if you think you cannot handle taking point...~ + c-aranwkfinal
END

IF ~~ c-aranwkfinal
 SAY ~[ARAN] Oooh, you know how to hurt a lad, you do. Right, then. I'll get about adventurin'.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-aranwatcherskeeplaugh
SAY ~[ARAN] The question is, are we goin' to be laughin' a good, comeradely belly laugh, or a shrill hysterical terror-filled laugh? 'Cause I am much more in favor o' th' first.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-aranwkneed
 SAY ~[ARAN] Right. I should o' guessed that was th' idea. Go mess with th' big evil thing what's been locked up, so's we can have some nice treasure an' get some great magical weapons. Tiamat's Terrible Teeth, I'd think you were jokin', if it didn't sound like what we do every day, all day....~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Archived