Six's suggestions

SixOfSpades

Nice work so far! And yes, this is a long post, but these forums are all about constructive feedback, so I chose to give you lots of it.

IMPROVED SUMMONS:

Animate Dead -- I think there's plenty of room for intermediary steps, rather than the huge jump from Skeleton to Skeleton Warrior. I would throw some Ghouls & Ghasts in there, maybe even a lesser Mummy. Alternatively, go with progressively more powerful Skeletons, until the caster reaches the actual Skeleton Warrior. Also, your listings are missing CON and INT stats, is that intentional?

Elemental Princes -- It seems wrong that a SoA-level Bard would be able to cast Stoneskin more effectively than an Elemental Princess of Earth. I would beef Sunnis's Stonekin up to full power, especially as a match for her counterparts' Blade Barrier & Fireshield.

Spider Spawn -- Sword Spiders are supposed to be nonpoisonous.

Summon Nishruu & Hakeashar -- You left in the "all magical items with charges that the target possesses will be drained by one charge, destroying them if only one remains"?!?

In general, I don't really like the idea of going from randomized summons to getting the same thing every time. I'd like a little bit of variety put back into the Animal/Monster summonings, please.

ARCANE SPELLS

Blindess -- Instead of no AC penalty and +10 THAC0 penalty, I would do +4 to AC, +5 to melee THAC0 and +15 to ranged THAC0. A blind swing with a sword or staff is a lot different from a blind shot with a crossbow. And personally, I think this makes more sense as an Illusion spell.

Color Spray -- Great job on making this spell useful again, but Unconsciousness for 5 rounds is way too much, especially for a Level 1 spell. Can you grant a bonus/penalty to the Save, based on the difference between the caster's and targets' levels?

Grease -- Save or fall Unconscious for a round: Is that every round, or just the first? I would make it every round, but last for only 1 second: They slipped & fell, but got back up. If these were the kind of people who knocked themselves out every time they fell down, they would also get Stunned on every Critical Hit.

True Strike -- Oh my god what is this going to do to Fighter/Mages?

Friends -- I think all stat-altering effects should be non-cumulative with themselves.

Deafness -- Again, why Necromancy instead of Illusion? I also never liked the permanent duration; 50% Casting Failure until you get Dispelled is too harsh. One day should be plenty.

Detect Invisibility -- Steals too much of True Sight's thunder. How about just for 3 rounds?

Glitterdust -- Exactly what I would have done myself, nice.

Know Alignment -- Should not be flagged as a Hostile spell.

Detect Illusions -- Perhaps last for 3 rounds, as per my suggestion for Detect Invisibility? Besides, the Divination school needs to be boosted, to give the Conjurer a Disadvantage that actually means something.

Lightning Bolt -- It's already single-target, or do you mean that there's no bouncing and it doesn't strike others along the way?

Melf's Minute Meteors -- Perhaps make the enchantment level tied to the caster's level?

Non-Detection -- I'm not sure, but I think it worked correctly before: The first round of True Sight would dispel the Non-Detection, but the person would still remain Invisible until the second round of True Sight. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Protection from Missiles -- Too strong. A Level 3 spell should not be able to lock out things like Bullets+4, Energy Blades and the entire Archer kit, especially for the kind of duration that the default PfNM has.

Clairvoyance -- I'd make this spell also work indoors, to at least allow it to pretend to be useful.

Ice Storm -- Nice.

Enchanted Weapon -- I would tie the enchantment level of the weapon to the caster's level . . . not that anyone would ever use the spell anyway, though. Maybe make the weapons do some Magic damage, instead of purely physical? That would add some appeal, especially against Mordy's Swords.

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere -- Can you make it so that allied creatures do not get a Save, but neutrals & hostiles do?

Polymorph Other -- I would make the Save depend on the difference between the caster's and target's levels: A Bard fresh out of Jon's dungeon should not be able to one-shot-kill Firkraag with a Level 4 spell. At the same time, can we make a successful Polymorph also lock out abilities that would be absolutely ridiculous for a squirrel to do, like breathe fire and perform mighty Wing Buffets?

Spell Shield -- As far as I know, this spell is used primarily to be abused, as it grants complete immunity to Beholder Anti-Magic Rays and (even more bizarrely) Wing Buffets. Needless to say, that could do with some fixing.

Conjure (Lesser) Elementals -- I would keep the Mental Combat for flavor, but maybe shorten it to a round or so.

Phantom Blade -- Mages will need a THAC0 bonus to make this useful, but then that would make the spell overpowered for Fighter/Mages. It is possible to just set THAC0, as opposed to just increment/decrement, right?

Prot. from Acid/Electricity -- You didn't mention this for Prot. from Fire/Cold.

Feeblemind -- Another candidate for the "Permanent is too long" tweak. 1 Day?

Summon Shadow -- Should be level-based to allow for Shadow Fiends, Wraiths, and others of the family.

Acid Fog -- Why the Movement Rate?

Disintegrate -- I don't like the idea of Protection from Magical Energy being used to block Disintegrate. I haven't tested it, but the effect of Just Ten Damage might ignore all resistances.

Tenser's Transformation -- I would remove the "Disable Spellcasting" aspects, to make this something other than a suicide spell. Perhaps 20% Spellcasting Failure instead?

Physical Mirror -- I'd like to see this copied to a Wizard spell as well as Priest. Level 6 Alteration . . . though I'd have to check to see if it risks overflowing the spellbook.

Mantle -- Since it, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity are all overshadowed by PfMW, I'd say this should last for 1 round/3 levels.

Project Image -- I have a REAL problem with illusionary creatures having real effects. Along with dropping items, I would make the Image be 1/3rd of the caster's level. Actually, even better than that, it could be the caster's full level and retain all items, but its spells/abilities/items cannot affect any creature other than itself, meaning it can pretty much only function defensively. That would be a real pain in the ass to code, though.

Sphere of Chaos -- Nice.

Mordenkainen's Sword -- To make this a little less of a juggernaut while maintaining its usefulness, how about 90 or 95% resistance to most forms of damage, but a longer summoning duration?

ADHW -- I agree, it shouldn't be party-friendly.

Symbol: Weakness -- I see no need for it to replace Fear.

Simulacrum -- See Project Image.

Spellstrike -- I can see the need to get around Imp. Invis + SI: Divination, but the victim needs a way to survive this. Perhaps allow a Save with a hefty penalty?

Black Blade of Disaster -- I would replace the Disintegrate with a simple instant death, because destroyed items and permanently dead party members aren't fun for anybody.

DIVINE SPELLS

Find Traps -- To make the spell marginally useful, I would extend its duration to 10 turns, or perhaps make it instantly (but permanently) mark all traps in the entire map area.

Know Alignment -- Again, should not turn the target hostile.

Call Lightning -- I'd make it 6D6 + 1/3 levels.

Contagion -- I see no need to replace Rigid Thinking . . . unless of course you're worried about overflowing the spellbook or something.

Invisibility Purge -- Again, I think 3 rounds should be fine.

(Un)Holy Smite/Blight -- Should be capped at 20D4 to match Skull Trap, which is also Level 3.

Miscast Magic -- Nice.

Summon Insects -- Perhaps all the Insect spells should have a Save, to cut all their effects in half.

Zone of Sweet Air -- Does Gust of Wind also clear the air? Unfinished Business has already found a possible good icon for this.

Remove Paralysis -- Currently useless, it would be better if it also had a preventive effect against Hold (but not Stun or Slow, to keep Free Action useful).

Cloak of Fear -- Have you removed the weapon/item droppage? If so, good.

Defensive Harmony -- How about 1 AC / 4 levels, capped at Level 20?

Negative Plane Protection -- YES.

Greater Command -- Good call.

Insect Plague -- In general, I'd like to see the Insect spells weakened, at least in terms of their Spellcasting Failure: This spell alone (well, okay, this and Breach) is why there are so many damn Liches in the game.

Ironskin -- Perhaps the two names could be two completely different spells, one providing "skins" while the other grants physical resistances/AC?

Magic Resistance -- I disagree. Even the regular version was more powerful than the HLA of Magic Resistance because of its longer duration and choice of target (although the HLA was open to Fighters and Rangers, who could not cast the spell). I'd rather not see the HLA blown out of the water. FYI, in my Kitpack I have the HLA of Greater Magic Resistance (available only to Wizard Slayers, Inquisitors, and Hunters of the Occult), which adds 30% to whatever MR the caster already has.

Polymorph Other -- I see the connection, but not the logic. It would make more sense in the other direction, for a Druid to polymorph a neutral squirrel into an allied creature powerful enough to serve as an ally. But, hey, it's nature-related, and Druids don't have any strong single-target spells at that level, so I'll shut up.

False Dawn -- I feel that Sunray and Sol's Searing Orb should be open to Druids as well.

Harm -- See above, on Disintegration & Just Ten Damage.

Conjure Air/Earth Elemental -- I would also allow Druids access to the Wizard spells of Conjure Lesser Air/Earth/Fire, which are Level 5.

Confusion -- Disabled? Why?

Earthquake -- I'll be making a Geomancer kit too, so I'd like it if you left the chance of hostile Earth Elementals in this version of the spell, so that the Geomancer could have the nicer one.

Shield of the Archons -- As it's the only form of spell protection they have, I don't feel right about stripping it from them.

Creeping Doom: Should have the same duration as Insect Plague, but its damage halved so that it still only does twice the damage of its 5th-level variant.

Nature's Beauty -- Holy crap, you're not fixing Nature's Beauty?!? Well, I sure as hell am: Duration of 1 turn, sets CHA to 25, every round all creatures within sight range must Save vs. Spells with a +4 penalty or become pacified (ApR set to 1, +5 penalty to THAC0, 1 round), and all hostile creatures must Save vs. Spells with a +2 penalty or be Charmed (1 round).

Stunning - used by unarmed attacks (excluding monks), when a character's HP would reach zero they instead become unconscious

Disease - no idea, iirc 'immunity to disease' opcode renders subject immune to the damage as well

Soul Eater - upon reaching zero HPthe game crashes

Revised Summons

Animate Dead

I think there's plenty of room for intermediary steps, rather than the huge jump from Skeleton to Skeleton Warrior. I would throw some Ghouls & Ghasts in there, maybe even a lesser Mummy. Alternatively, go with progressively more powerful Skeletons, until the caster reaches the actual Skeleton Warrior.
You're right, I already said in some other feedback thread that I'd like to do it, and will do as soon as I find the time.
Also, your listings are missing CON and INT stats, is that intentional?
Intentional, as most undead creatures shouldn't have a "brain", and all of them don't have constitution.

Elemental Princes

It seems wrong that a SoA-level Bard would be able to cast Stoneskin more effectively than an Elemental Princess of Earth. I would beef Sunnis's Stonekin up to full power, especially as a match for her counterparts' Blade Barrier & Fireshield.
You're probably right, I'll beef up its stoneskin ability. Would it be better something like 1skin/2 rounds instead of 10 skins from start?

Spider Spawn

Sword Spiders are supposed to be nonpoisonous.
They are in the monster manual I've read...

Summon Nishruu & Hakeashar

You left in the "all magical items with charges that the target possesses will be drained by one charge, destroying them if only one remains"?!?
Wasn't the problem fixed by Fixpack without the need to remove the ability? Anyway I may remove it if necessary. I have in mind to add them a sort of dispelling aura (like Otiluke's Dispelling Screen).

Animal/Monster Summoning

In general, I don't really like the idea of going from randomized summons to getting the same thing every time. I'd like a little bit of variety put back into the Animal/Monster summonings, please.
I'm for it, but all creatures in the same spell have to be balanced, and it would have taken me quite some time to do this. If you want to collaborate let me know.

Arcane Spells

Blindness

Instead of no AC penalty and +10 THAC0 penalty, I would do +4 to AC, +5 to melee THAC0 and +15 to ranged THAC0. A blind swing with a sword or staff is a lot different from a blind shot with a crossbow. And personally, I think this makes more sense as an Illusion spell.
The problem is I just use the original hardcoded "blind effect" (which applies a cumulative -10 thac0). I'd like too to make it work as you suggest but it would mean an incredibly huge amount of work, and I should "mess around" with too many items, spells, innates,... I don't even think it's possible to do it without creating some issues. :p

The school is matter of tastes and PnP edition. In 3rd edition it became a Necromancy spell, and I've opted for that because the effect is cured via Cure Disease spell (would an illusion effect be cured by that?).

Color Spray

I've only made it exactly as per PnP, and I've received no feedback about it till now, but it does seem too powerful now that you mention it. It does what Sleep does and more. I'll think about a way to town it down a little.

Grease

Save or fall Unconscious for a round: Is that every round, or just the first? I would make it every round, but last for only 1 second: They slipped & fell, but got back up.
It's every round, will think about reducing the unconsciousness effectiveness, it does make sense what you're saying.

True Strike

It last ony 6 seconds, none has complained about its power yet.

Friends

I generally make sure that stat-altering effects are non-cumulative with themselves, I missed this one, will fix.

Deafness

It already last 8 hours, I forgot to update the post.

Detect Invisibility

Steals too much of True Sight's thunder.
True Seeing dispels Blur, Mirror Image, Mislead's clone, and Project Image...but you may be partially right. I may reduce its duration or raise TS's one.

Glitterdust

Yeah, I'm proud of it. :p

Detect Illusions

Perhaps last for 3 rounds, as per my suggestion for Detect Invisibility? Besides, the Divination school needs to be boosted, to give the Conjurer a Disadvantage that actually means something.
Will think about it. You're right about Conjurers not getting any real disadvantages, but I'm not sure we can do much about Divination School. I've added True Strike, and the only things I can think of are variations of Foresight.

Lightning Bolt

It's already single-target, or do you mean that there's no bouncing and it doesn't strike others along the way?
Exactly. The way it was implemented was too much unreliable imo, and kinda exploitable too.

Melf's Minute Meteors

I'm not sure about making the enchantment level tied to the caster's level, as the main concern probably is that you don't want this spell to allow a caster to deal with adamantine golems using a low level spell.

Non-Detection

I'm not sure, but I think it worked correctly before: The first round of True Sight would dispel the Non-Detection, but the person would still remain Invisible until the second round of True Sight. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Making Non-Detection a useless spell imo.

Protection from Missiles

DavidW did this too for SCS, and if I may quote him: "The logic behind this is basically that magic arrows are two a penny in BG. It's essentially pointless for an enemy mage to use PNM, since any prepared party worth their salt will just swap to magic ones." The archer can just switch to a melee weapon (he's not so bad at using them) or change target. I know it's much more powerful than before, but else it was completely useless.

Enchanted Weapon

I would tie the enchantment level of the weapon to the caster's level.
Already on the to-do list.

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere

Can you make it so that allied creatures do not get a Save, but neutrals & hostiles do?
I'd like to.

Polymorph Other

I would make the Save depend on the difference between the caster's and target's levels: A Bard fresh out of Jon's dungeon should not be able to one-shot-kill Firkraag with a Level 4 spell.
It may be a nice way to town it down, though I think it won't be so easy against SCS's dragons. I think I'll do it.
At the same time, can we make a successful Polymorph also lock out abilities that would be absolutely ridiculous for a squirrel to do, like breathe fire and perform mighty Wing Buffets?
It may be doable tought extremely time consuming, will think about it.

Spell Shield

As far as I know, this spell is used primarily to be abused, as it grants complete immunity to Beholder Anti-Magic Rays and (even more bizarrely) Wing Buffets. Needless to say, that could do with some fixing.
I know, and I've tried to fix it the same way Sikret claimed to have done for IA. I think it's impossible to completely fix it, players and AI mods should probably just avoid it (and I think SCS mostly does).

Conjure (Lesser) Elementals

I'll think about keeping the Mental Combat for flavor reducing the duration to only one round, though it would made these spells kinda useless in the thick of a battle.

Phantom Blade

Mages will need a THAC0 bonus to make this useful, but then that would make the spell overpowered for Fighter/Mages. It is possible to just set THAC0, as opposed to just increment/decrement, right?
Yes it is possible, but I don't know if I want to do that. What's wrong about a spell which is more useful for fighter/mages than pure mages?

Prot. from Acid/Electricity

You didn't mention this for Prot. from Fire/Cold.
Because those spells don't confer immunity to the respective type of energy. Anyway I'd like to do something about these spells and their priest's version, like having them all at the same level.

Feeblemind

Another candidate for the "Permanent is too long" tweak. 1 Day?
What's the point? To allow a player to rest in order to get rid of it?

Acid Fog

Why the Movement Rate?
Why not? :D In PnP it slows down and obscure the sight, the latter has been proved to be an overpowered effect the way it can be implemented in this engine and will be removed from Incendiary Cloud.

Disintegrate

I don't like the idea of Protection from Magical Energy being used to block Disintegrate. I haven't tested it, but the effect of Just Ten Damage might ignore all resistances.
Ardanis already said everything I could say about damage type. Besides this allow Disintegrate to effectivey destroy Mordenkainen Sword as per PnP, which is cool imo.
3ed's Disintegrate deals 2d6/lvl, 5d6 on a successful save.
Would you prefer those damage values? 40d6 seems really too much imo, but making the damage scaled with caster's level seems nice, and allowing the spell to deal a slight amount of damage on a failed save may be reasonable (I kinda hate save or else spells).

Tenser's Transformation

I would remove the "Disable Spellcasting" aspects, to make this something other than a suicide spell. Perhaps 20% Spellcasting Failure instead?
It's not a bad idea at all, but isn't this spell already very effective? Blades with this spells rocks imo.

Physical Mirror

Why should we add it to mages? Besides, I'm generally against new spells for mages as they already have plenty of them. Druids and some priest's levels are exceptions.

Mantle

Since it, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity are all overshadowed by PfMW, I'd say this should last for 1 round/3 levels.
I proposed 6 rounds long time ago, and your suggestion would make them work quite similar. I like it, I just haven't got any feedback on the matter and let it aside up until now. The only problem I may think of is how the AI can handle the longer duration, I'd like to hear DavidW or aVENGER's opinion on the matter.

Project Image & Simulacrum

I think what I've done to them is the best we can do.

Mordenkainen's Sword

To make this a little less of a juggernaut while maintaining its usefulness, how about 90 or 95% resistance to most forms of damage, but a longer summoning duration?
I'd like to make it destroy itself with a dispel attempt (as per Nishruu), I only have to find out how the AI would handle it. The sword probably has to keep its immunities, I've already reduced its effectiveness as Phantom Blade, Disintegrate and Black Blade of Disaster can destroy it easily in SR.

ADHW

I agree, it shouldn't be party-friendly.
Yeah, but it can't be done without severely screwing the AI. At least it now deals less damage and is ineffective against some of the most powerful foes like liches.

Black Blade of Disaster

I would replace the Disintegrate with a simple instant death, because destroyed items and permanently dead party members aren't fun for anybody.
I'll replace it with SR's Disintegrate, which doesn't destroy items.

Spellstrike

I can see the need to get around Imp. Invis + SI: Divination, but the victim needs a way to survive this. Perhaps allow a Save with a hefty penalty?
Actually I do think a 9th level spell like this should be the end of all spell protections. What's the point on memorizing it if it can prove to be useless against some foes? It's in the same slot of things like Time Stop, and HLAs, it truly deserves to be quite effective, else none will ever bother with it imo.

I had to split the reply in two...as the forum didn't allow me to post such an extensive reply. :p

Divine Spells

Find Traps

To make the spell marginally useful, I would extend its duration to 10 turns, or perhaps make it instantly (but permanently) mark all traps in the entire map area.
I don't know about the latter suggestion, but I'm not sure the former will drastically improve its effectiveness.

Know Alignment

Again, should not turn the target hostile.
Will check it.

Call Lightning

I'd make it 6D6 + 1/3 levels.
It already build up to 30d6 points of damage, which seems more than enough for a 3rd level spell (Flame Arrow only reaches 20d6).

Contagion

I see no need to replace Rigid Thinking.
It's the only way to make the AI use it.

(Un)Holy Smite/Blight

Should be capped at 20D4 to match Skull Trap, which is also Level 3.
No way, this spell was ridiculously overpowered for its level. Skull Trap isn't "party friendly" and doesn't blind either, and the former is a huge advantage.

Summon Insects

Perhaps all the Insect spells should have a Save, to cut all their effects in half.
I think I'll slightly revise them to add THAC0 and AC penalties to all of them, allowing saves to completely avaoid that effect and the fear one. I'll think about the damage, but it seems fine imo.

Gust of Wind (Zone of Sweet Air)

Does Gust of Wind also clear the air? Unfinished Business has already found a possible good icon for this.
Obviously I kept its original effect of clearing the air.

Remove Paralysis

Currently useless, it would be better if it also had a preventive effect against Hold.
I actually find it useful sometimes, though not a must have. A preventive effect would probably make it too useful compared to Free Action.

Cloak of Fear

Have you removed the weapon/item droppage? If so, good.
Yes I have. :D

Defensive Harmony

How about 1 AC / 4 levels, capped at Level 20?
I like it. Does anyone else feel I should implement it?

Negative Plane Protection

YES.
Indeed, vanilla's duration was pathetic and completely useless.

Greater Command

Good call.
Some thinks I've nerfed it too much, but combined with the -4 penalty to the save it now has, it should be quite effective without being a spell that could end an encounter on a failed save (like it could be in vanilla).

Insect Plague

In general, I'd like to see the Insect spells weakened, at least in terms of their Spellcasting Failure: This spell alone (well, okay, this and Breach) is why there are so many damn Liches in the game.
I've already allowed a save to completely avoid Spellcasting Failure effect, but I think I would agree on lowering it to 50% if: a) aVENGER or DavidW can assure me the AI will handle it correctly; b) I add THAC0 and AC penalty to even the odds and make the spell useful against any type of opponent.

Ironskin

Perhaps the two names could be two completely different spells, one providing "skins" while the other grants physical resistances/AC?
Actually I do prefer 3rd edition Stoneskin, which grants physical damage resistance as you suggest instead of the incredibly powerful effect it has in BG. But I guess I have to leave it unchanged in this game...and for physical resistance priests already have Armor of Faith.

Magic Resistance

I disagree. Even the regular version was more powerful than the HLA of Magic Resistance because of its longer duration and choice of target (although the HLA was open to Fighters and Rangers, who could not cast the spell).
You disagree on what? Currently I've only blocked its most famous exploit: it was usable to lower enemies magic resistance!

That being said, something like 10% +1% level may be ok too. I'd like to hear players opinions.

False Dawn

I feel that Sunray and Sol's Searing Orb should be open to Druids as well.
Sunray surely is available to druids in SR.

Conjure Lesser Air/Earth/Fire Elemental

I would also allow Druids access to the Wizard spells of Conjure Lesser Air/Earth/Fire, which are Level 5.
You're right, though at that level the competition is really high for druids as they get Stoneskin and Insect Plague. But they do lack a good summon, I think I'll do it if there are not too many slots already used.

Confusion

Disabled? Why?
It was temporarily disabled waiting to replace it with something worth of a 7th level slot. Who's going to miss a 4th level mage spell in a slot where you could have HLAs??

Earthquake

I'll be making a Geomancer kit too, so I'd like it if you left the chance of hostile Earth Elementals in this version of the spell, so that the Geomancer could have the nicer one.
I don't understand, you want me to keep the hostile Earth Elemental so that you can instead add an allied one in your kit? :p

Shield of the Archons

As it's the only form of spell protection they have, I don't feel right about stripping it from them.
You may be right, but the same could be said about clerics not having Stoneskin, and this spell really doesn't seem to have anything to do with nature.

Creeping Doom

Should have the same duration as Insect Plague, but its damage halved so that it still only does twice the damage of its 5th-level variant.
It's how it already works in SR. :p I haven't listed all the changes in the overview as they are really too much, sometimes I just forgot to mention some of them.

Nature's Beauty

Holy crap, you're not fixing Nature's Beauty?!? Well, I sure as hell am: Duration of 1 turn, sets CHA to 25, every round all creatures within sight range must Save vs. Spells with a +4 penalty or become pacified (ApR set to 1, +5 penalty to THAC0, 1 round), and all hostile creatures must Save vs. Spells with a +2 penalty or be Charmed (1 round).
Actually I would have loved to talk about this spell with someone. :D I do like the concept you have in mind...though mass charm doesn't seem the most appropriate effect. Nymph's sight is often associated to blind or stun effects (effects which I'd like to add to the Summoned Nymph too).

Furthermore, I think we should make the spell useless against certains enemies. Nymph's sight should affect only humans and though we could assume Nature's Beauty is a more powerful version, it still shouldn't affects beings like undead or ozee creatures.

WOW, it took me an eternity to reply to this, but I'm very glad to have such a huge amount of constructive feedback. Thanks! :p

Vs Otiluke's Sphere, you can Use Eff File [177] with EA.ids (value 2) for the same effect.

vs. Lesser Elemental Summoning, perhaps if you are sufficiently intelligent (probably about 4 above) you would instantly bind it to your will, with the INT of the elementals going up as the spells rise.

I like Defensive Harmony and Negative Plane Protection.

Insect Plague is a good call, I would be far more sure to memorize it now, as I could usually walk over everything.

Iron Skin would be a good thing for a much larger AC/Damage Resistance but possibly a slowed movement?

I would be interested to hear what you do come up with for Nature's Beauty.

Icen

Random thoughts :p :

(Un)Holy Blight bypasses MR too so that spell sure doesn't need any buff, beside making the evil version affect neutral enemies given the lack of good opponents in the game ^^

Free Action heals paralyzed npc like remove paralysis does so I think the latter needs some help.

Tenser is useful just for blades and only early in the game; f/m have too much arcane potential to sacrifice it all, mages don't become the killing machines they are supposed to be, and in the late game losing the possibility to renew magic defences cripples them all. For this spell, and phantasmal blade/spiritual hammer/black blade of disaster too, I'd like a set amount of attacks/thac0 in order to have the spell useful for single class mages and not overpowered for multiclass ( expecially those wielding +1att/round weapons in the offhand )

Disintegrate: I'd welcome some minor damage (10? 2d6?) on a successful save too but the 100 fixed dmg is a good compromise for a single target powerful spell, nerfing it would make it lot less useful compared to the d6/level chain lighting that is aoe and party friendly

Miscast Magic: most useless spell ever. Sorry, the effect is nice, but it is a single target level 3 spell so a mage must not be protected by any spell deflection/turning, no (minor) globe, not (improved) invisible, and then fail a save; after all that, it only affects the next spell he casts and even then the effect might be beneficial to him. :p It's easier and more effective to wait for the mage to start casting a spell and then interrupt him with a low level fast damaging spell, or just annihilate him because he has no magic defence at all.

Mantles and absolute immunity should benefit from a increased duration I agree(4-5-6 rounds); I'd raise to 2rounds/level the immunity to normal weapons too, it's bit weak for a level 5 slot and useless after the first half of soa.

Couple spells clarifications needed:

Non-Detection: how does it work in SR? some sort of spell immunity: divination or what? Enemy mages mostly use True Sight so what really matters is how it performs against that.

Polimorph Others: what are the stats of the squirrel? On the few enemies I manage to cast this spell on I noticed a loss of couple points of thac0 but they kept many hit points and some nasty abilities that should be removed; I'd like the enemies to be changed to neutrals too ( a squirrel shoudn't hold a grudge right? )

P.S. V3 ! V3 ! V3 ! :D

Otiluke's Sphere

Icen, you may be right. Here what I would try:

- multiple "Use Eff File [177] with EA.ids (value 2)" one for each player/party member

- the Eff would cast a copy of the original spell with no save

- if the target party member fail the save both spells affects the character, but it shouldn't cause any problem I'm aware of

Is it what you were suggesting?

(Un)Holy Blight

I had forgot that these spells bypass magic resistance too, thank Raj, I've even less doubts now that they really don't need to be more powerful.

Wasn't you that suggested to make Unholy Word too affect neutral characters? I quite agree on that.

Phantom Blade, Tenser, Black Blade of Disaster...

The problem with assigning a set amount of attacks per round is that fighter's additional attacks would stack anyway. I can prevent it for multiclasses with a lot of work, but I can't prevent it from happening for dual classes.

Setting THAC0 instead may be reasonable but currently it's Tenser's main feature, giving it to all these spells would make Tenser less appealing. I have to think about it.

Miscast Magic

If most players do think it currently is too weak we may raise the duration, maybe scaling it with caster's level (up to a maximum of 5 rounds).

Non-Detection

Don't worry, it's not a SI:Div. It won't prevent Invisibility spells to be dissolved by True Sight, but Non-Detection itself won't be dispelled (it did in vanilla), allowing characters hidden in shadow (thieves and rangers) to stay hidden.

Now that you mention it, this spell now is another thing that makes True Sight more effective than Detect Invisibility, as:

a) characters under Improved Invisibility or similar spells and protected by Non-Detection won't be detected by Detect Invisibility/Invisibility Purge

b) characters under Improved Invisibility or similar spells and protected by Non-Detection will be detected by True Sight

Polymorph Others

I haven't changed this spell, it may be possible that hit points aren't affected at all. Squirrel's stats are 3 - 3 - 3 but a creature with less than 15 CON won't lose a single hit point.

Ok, you have convinced me to work on it, I'll try to revise how the form affects the target (setting thac' and hp) and if possible we'll track down and block some abilities that really shouldn't be usable while polymorphed.

Yes, that was exactly what I was suggesting.

You would have one EFF for No save, which uses value 2 of EA.ids, another which is the same but for allies, so 4 of EA.ids, and then another two for Enemy (255) and NotGood (31).

Icen

Make otiluke bypass MR too then so that party members are always affected and at the same time buff a bit this unused spell :p

Wasn't you that suggested to make Unholy Word too affect neutral characters? I quite agree on that.

Yup. If you're going to make the (un)holy words have a chance to banish the gated summons then removing it from (fallen)planetars would make sense and solve some 'problems' with parties of mixed allignments.

Tenser - perhaps applying casting speed penalty (say +5) instead of casting failure? This way F/M will be unable to quick cast PFMW, Mirror Image, Stoneskin to protect themselves as soon as they're in trouble.

Disintegrate - I think 2d6/lvl is probably indeed too much, as all the other spells have at most 1d10/lvl (and these are very few anyway). On the other hand, vanilla Dis would kill anything regardless of HP, and the amount of immunities to that opcode in game is quite comparable to magic damage resistance. If it to be changed from fixed 100 dmg then perhaps 3d3/lvl?

PS I wonder if casting speed penalty would affect innate abilities...

Archived