Six's suggestions

SixOfSpades

Haste and Restoration's fatigue effects last only 5 rounds and don't require to rest (vanilla's Restoration requires to rest)

Wow, that's nice. I hated resting after that, too. But if you disable to rest, is 5 rounds not to short? If I don't need to rest anymore, I could live with that to be e.g. 1-2 hours fatigue...

I agree with Raj about CC. If someone want to cheating, then he will do it. I'm the part of gamer which used the CC in battles only, because I don't do pre-buffs so often. I like it to reacting on that what happens. So my CC includes defensive spells or something else, but not the examples which I hear here. I want to use CC in battles furthermore...

Greetings Leomar

Miscast Magic

What I was trying to say is that even 100% wild surge may be "equivalent" to 75% toyal failure. I haven't played with it long enough to determine its true effectiveness without a single doubt.

Yeah, me neither, as I've only played a single Wild Mage game. But I do think that a 100% chance of a Wild Surge would be too strong for a Level 3 spell.

Holy Smite/Unholy Blight

I think these spells should keep the ability to bypass magic resistance because:

- the AI will use them thinking they do bypass MR, and surely I don't want to screw SCS's AI

Ok, gotcha.

I'm against it [Magic Tattoo & Tattoo of Power], unless most of you proves me wrong . . . I don't think priests have ever had sequencers and triggers in PnP, and they don't seem divine spells to me, but I may be wrong.

Okay, I just felt that it added a nice new layer of versatility to the game. I can't say that *I* would enjoy having the spells (if they were added), as I never use the Wizard versions either, but those players who do like them would almost certainly be glad to see counterparts on the Priest scroll, too. As for their being "divine" enough, I can easily see Clerics and Druids deciding to have a mark of their faith permanently branded into their flesh, and from time to time endowing it with some of the power they've recieved from the god it represents. But if we decide not to use it here, I'll probably just do something related (or at least of the same general ethos) when I start recklessly tinkering with the Monk class.

Speaking of Minor Sequencer, Spell Sequencer, Spell Trigger, Contingency, and Chain Contingency...I've a global change in mind for them that I do hope it's doable: they shouldn't be castable during combat.

I am very much in agreement. I have no qualms whatsoever about them being used for defensive spells, but when I had Tactics installed it seemed that every hostile wizard and his Aunt Tilly had a Greater Malison-Emotion-Chaos all lined up and just waiting for you. I'd like it if only defensive spells could be stored in them, but that can't really be done . . . failing that, I'd like it if they couldn't be targeted on anyone but the caster . . . but you can't do that without seriously screwing up SCS's AI . . . so I'll just agree with the long-casting-time plan, and say that a casting time of 2 to 4 rounds seems right to me, so that even with the speed-increasing items like the Robe & Amulet, there's hardly any incentive at all.

I personally am against Fatique effect. Not for it's actual bad effects, but mostly because it's annoying to hear characters wanting to rest when they're only two hour awaken. Same as it is with Haste and Restoration.

I am SO MUCH in agreement. Sometimes I wish they'd chopped off Aerie's legs instead of her wings, so I wouldn't have to listen to her bitch express her exhaustion. What I particularly dislike was how if you go to a Temple for the Restoration, the character who recieved it gets the Fatigue. Grrrr.

That being said, can you make a mod that disables the ctrl-Y command plz?

I'll concur with your "that being said," as any player who would voluntarily install such a component has the self-restraint to not use Ctrl-Y anyway. But I, too, am curious: Can specific CheatKeys be disabled? I have no particular desire to do so, but it'd be interesting to see how it could be done.

Sorry for being quite absent in this topic...most of my efforts currently are devoted towards IR which needs a new and more polishd version as soon as possible (while SR is rather stable and bugfree in its 2nd version). After IR V2 will be out I'll work on SR again and discussion like this are absolutely necessary to improve this mod.

Miscast Magic

I guess only some playtesting will decide the fate of this spell, I'm going to improve it because players think it currently is too weak, if necessary I'll town it down if it will become too effective.

I personally am against Fatique effect. Not for it's actual bad effects, but mostly because it's annoying to hear characters wanting to rest when they're only two hour awaken. Same as it is with Haste and Restoration.
I am SO MUCH in agreement. Sometimes I wish they'd chopped off Aerie's legs instead of her wings, so I wouldn't have to listen to her bitch express her exhaustion. What I particularly dislike was how if you go to a Temple for the Restoration, the character who recieved it gets the Fatigue. Grrrr.
As I said before...SR's fatigue effects doesn't require to rest.

Contingencies

I'd like it if only defensive spells could be stored in them, but that can't really be done
Actually, can be - contingx.2da forbids chosen spells to be used in contingencies and sequencers.
I quite like Six's suggestion about allowing only defensive spells in contingencies...but I "wouldn't be able to do" it anyway because the AI will still use it as before.
As I said before...SR's fatigue effects doesn't require to rest.

Oh, I understood that before, sorry if I didn't explicitly say so. And yes, I agree: temporary Fatigue = good.

On a related note, I was once in Trademeet, doing the Skin Dancer quest. I had just Rested my party, and I didn't want to hear anyone complaining for the entire rest of the day, so instead of casting Restoration directly, I had Valygar use Vhailor's Helm and have his Simulacrum cast it from the scroll. Nothing happened. The scroll cast normally, that part was fine, but Raissa didn't react at all. Apparently the Restoration has to come from an actual party member, which is a real pain. I know fixing this doesn't exactly come under the heading of Spell Revisions, but if I post it here, maybe somebody will look into it.

Guest Scribbles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is nothing to stop you from having spell immunity to multiple schools right? Think we should limit it to only one? I do recall a few mages and elemental lich casting spell immunity to divination and abjuration followed by PFMW, PFME and some elemental resistance spell. I can't think of a way get through that and so I end up reloading or busting out the cheese.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is nothing to stop you from having spell immunity to multiple schools right? Think we should limit it to only one? I do recall a few mages and elemental lich casting spell immunity to divination and abjuration followed by PFMW, PFME and some elemental resistance spell. I can't think of a way get through that and so I end up reloading or busting out the cheese.
Actuaclly SI was restricted to only one school at a time in SR V1, but I had to remove this feature at players request because my change could affect only players, the AI was still be able to cast multiple SI anyway ruining the consistency. DavidW doesn't like to restrict it, and the only way to prevent enemies from stacking multiple SI is changing their script, which is doable in SCS but far from SR's scope. I'm sorry.

Anyway, SR's Spellstrike destroys pretty much any mage's protection (including multiple Spell Immunities at once), and also has a small area of effect, allowing it to bypass Improved Invisibilty too. Now it's truly worth of a 9th level slot. :)

Guest Scribbles

Well, I've had to deal with some pretty nasty casters and I've yet to have anyone who can cast spellstrike.

Waiting it out is a pretty lame strategy, Liches will have plenty of time to gate pit fiends or cast comet or something.

Still, it's fine I guess. You can avoid those Liches till chapter 6. Mace of disruption, protection from magic scrolls and the rod of wonder works, but thats...cheesy.

The asylum lich, along with the SCS component that takes away your items at spellhold is just...urg.

Archived