Six's suggestions

SixOfSpades

And speaking of Symbols, should I change them to affect only enemies like Gliph of Warding and Fire Trap already does?

Yes, because vanilla AI damages his allies more than the player, scs2 don't use them so there're no issues, and players will be spared from aiming stress.

Vanilla's liches would be more effective, and DavidW may think to use Symbols again if we make them appealing. He just stated that he'd like to add SR's new offensive possibilities to his AI in the future.

Symbol is a good example of the kind of SR change I would like to allow for (though I say again, it may take a while for me to get around to it.)

Nature's Beauty

I don't see much difference betwenn a small AoE Mass Charm and what you're suggesting, and I think a simple charm effect would be fine.

That being said there are two ways to do this spell:

1) the illusion may last 10 rounds and each round those near the caster may be affected for a short duration (as you proposed)

2) the illusion may last only an instant (as it currently work) and the charm effect would last 10 rounds

I like the idea of only those closest to the caster possibly becoming Charmed, as they would be the ones most likely to want to protect her. As for everybody else in the area of effect (including allies) how about instead of imposing THAC0/Speed Factor penalties, we switch their AI script so that for a short time they will only attack creatures that first attack them? That should reflect the "gobsmacked by incredible beauty" aspect pretty well. Another idea: As far as I can tell, when a creature is hit by a spell that allows a Saving Throw (let's say, vs. Death), all effects of that spell that depend on a Save vs. Death will look to that same Save vs. Death roll. So we can scale the duration of the "gobsmacked-ness" to the amount by which the target creatures failed their Saves: If they failed to Save vs. Spell with a +2 penalty, their AI is set to DUHHH for 3 rounds, but if they also failed to Save with a +1 penalty, their AI is set to DUHHH for 4 rounds, if they failed to Save with no penalty at all, it's 5 rounds, etc.

The new Nature's Beauty could leave room for a future Mass Charm by having a chance of Charming only creatures within 10 feet of the caster, as opposed to 30 feet from a target point. Also, if we do do combat penalties (or Confusion) instead of the AI switch, you would be Charming enemies with considerably decreased usefulness.

The ones we already mentioned shouldn't be affected (Undead, Golems, Slimes, Illithids, & probably Myconids), let me know if we miss anything.

I also don't know if Beholders reproduce sexually or not, though they probably do. And then there's the issue of creatures who are under the mental control of somebody else (e.g., Glacias), but they would have to be handled on an individual basis, not within the spell itself. Similarly, we know Irenicus can't feel love, but I'm undecided as to whether or not he can still experience lust.

Crap! I was about to suggest a way of making Blind creatures immune to Nature's Beauty, but Opcode 177 [use EFF File] doesn't seem to have a setting for State.ids. And I was planning on making Deaf creatures immune to Bard Song, too . . . :(

Creatures can be made to drop their weapons, but not pick them back up . . . unless instead of Drop Weapons In Panic, you use Create Magical Weapon, so that for a certain amount of time their sword is replaced with a Normal Fist that deals 1D4 Stunning damage. Of course, this would have to affect only humanoid targets--Firkraag isn't exactly going to drop his sword and try to punch you with little, fleshy fists.

I also don't know if Beholders reproduce sexually or not, though they probably do.
The Spectator in Sendai's lair mentions something about looking for ladies. And there are Hive Mothers. I suppose they do make love after all.

Crap! I was about to suggest a way of making Blind creatures immune to Nature's Beauty, but Opcode 177 [use EFF File] doesn't seem to have a setting for State.ids. And I was planning on making Deaf creatures immune to Bard Song, too
Give them immunity to certain spells?

Creatures can be made to drop their weapons, but not pick them back up . . . unless instead of Drop Weapons In Panic, you use Create Magical Weapon, so that for a certain amount of time their sword is replaced with a Normal Fist that deals 1D4 Stunning damage.
+1
Creatures can be made to drop their weapons, but not pick them back up . . . unless instead of Drop Weapons In Panic, you use Create Magical Weapon, so that for a certain amount of time their sword is replaced with a Normal Fist that deals 1D4 Stunning damage.

+1

+2

Symbol is a good example of the kind of SR change I would like to allow for (though I say again, it may take a while for me to get around to it.)
Do you have any good suggestions on how they should be enhanced/changed?

+1
+2
= 4 ... As that's not a counter for fists plus factor, but the amount of people that agree, thus far... :(

Now, what happens to the creature if it has two weapons? Or he gets killed while he still has the normal fist? -Just a little worried. :(

I also don't know if Beholders reproduce sexually or not, though they probably do.
In my mind, they do via de-attachment,so the studs separate from the 'primary eye' and become 'them'. Thus the hive mother can refer to the old enough...

"How many evil eyes does it take to spawn a beholder legion?"

"With enough time, just one." :(

Besides, the beholders primary eye is an antimagic eye, so it should definitely see the illusion.

Nature's Beauty

I like the idea of only those closest to the caster possibly becoming Charmed, as they would be the ones most likely to want to protect her. (...) The new Nature's Beauty could leave room for a future Mass Charm by having a chance of Charming only creatures within 10 feet of the caster, as opposed to 30 feet from a target point.
Actually I was taking for granted that Nature's Beauty would remain quite small as it currently is, I'd say either 10' or 15' radius.

Symbols

Do you have any good suggestions on how they should be enhanced/changed?
I think he was saying he likes my proposed ones which don't affect allies.

Drop Weapons in Panic

+1
+2
= 4 ... As that's not a counter for fists plus factor, but the amount of people that agree, thus far... :(

Now, what happens to the creature if it has two weapons? Or he gets killed while he still has the normal fist? -Just a little worried. :(

Very nice suggestion Ardanis, but I'm not sure I would risk it either for more than one reason. One is that many creatures has some of their immunities/resistances tied to their weapons (though all of these instances should use the "non droppable" flag"), then I don't know what happens if the creature affected cast another "magical weapon" on himself, and we may even end up improving the target if the original attack was non enchanted (making the fist +2 suggestion even more "problematic").

In my mind, they do via de-attachment,so the studs separate from the 'primary eye' and become 'them'. Thus the hive mother can refer to the old enough...

"How many evil eyes does it take to spawn a beholder legion?"

"With enough time, just one." :(

Besides, the beholders primary eye is an antimagic eye, so it should definitely see the illusion.

I don't think a beholder would be charmed by something incredibly beautiful...
SymbolsI think he was saying he likes my proposed ones which don't affect allies.
Well, if DavidW has other suggestions... at least I would like to hear them. :(

Drop Weapons in Panic...
= 4 ... As that's not a counter for fists plus factor...
Very nice suggestion SixOfSpades... we may even end up improving the target if the original attack was non enchanted (making the fist +2 suggestion even more "problematic").
As I said, the fist would be +0(normal/not magically enchanted), but the suggestion count is at 4, as there are 3 people and a lunatic for it.(The Imp, SixOfSpades, Ardanis and Salk) Thus no problems...

Or you could just try to read it again, and then... understand. :(

Nature's Beauty

Now, what happens to the creature if it has two weapons? Or he gets killed while he still has the normal fist?

If he's dual-wielding, he'll "drop" his main-hand weapon while keeping his offhand weapon--the effect is still much the same. I wouldn't recommend this workaround for most situations, as it can do weird things: If a character drops his Spear, he should be able to immediately switch to his Crossbow, but in this case, he'll be unable to do so, because "Magical weapon in use." Happily, we're trying to approximate a person being so befuddled that they're not thinking about using weapons at all, so it works out fine. If he's killed while the fist is still active, it dies with him, just like all undroppable items.

Actually I was taking for granted that Nature's Beauty would remain quite small as it currently is, I'd say either 10' or 15' radius.

Well, now that the spell is no longer ridiculously broken, we can expand its area of effect to where it should be: All creatures within sight range of the caster. If the illusion is instantaneous, though, it really should be party-friendly, as the Druid would have to be an idiot not to tell his friends when to look away.

About "dropping" weapons again: True, many creatures carry their resistances/immunities in their weapons, but I strongly doubt that will be an issue: Even if it is possible to write an undroppable item over another undroppable item, the "drop" weapons part of the spell could easily be coded to only affect those races who carry actual, regularly-droppable weapons. Like I said, Firkraag isn't going to "drop" his claws.

Don't go off topic and keep talk about beholders sexuality plz.

Agreed. From now on, all opinions about beholders' sex lives should be sent via PM directly to Raj. :(

Blame my bad grammar but I wanted you to keep talking about beholders in this topic, don't make them fill my pm box :(

It seems Demi has too few work, too much spare time and V3 is almost ready so what about the spell Polimorph Others? That squirrel is far from harmless :(

It seems Demi has too few work, too much spare time and V3 is almost ready so what about the spell Polimorph Others? That squirrel is far from harmless :(
Actually I have very little time and still a lot to do, though divine spells are almost finished. Polimorph Others was already on the to-do list.

Speaking of time, I have a flight to Ireland to take within a few hours, and I'll be back within 4 days, feel free to discuss whatever you like in the meanwhile! :(

Actually I have very little time and still a lot to do

Did I sound serious about V3? :(

Speaking of time, I have a flight to Ireland to take within a few hours, and I'll be back within 4 days, feel free to discuss whatever you like in the meanwhile! :(

Wohooo

There're some controversial sources, because in the Forgotten Realms

Beholders possess both male and female reproductive organs and at the age of 30 they decide to reproduce giving birth to 3 to 6 live young. Beholders are not accepted as full adult members of Beholder society until they have reproduced so most will reproduce as soon as they get a chance.

While in Eberron

beholders do not reproduce naturally and have not created a culture of their own they are simply the immortal servants of the daelkyr

Archived