What I would really like is a magic item that makes you detect traps _faster_

lac

Would this count in the hard to impossible category? What about one that made it possible to detect traps from a

further distance? Something to get around the problem of 'I am detecting traps and walking slowly, but, ooops, not

slowly enough it seems because I just set one off anyway'. What about boots of feather walking, which make you

not set off the trap -- or unlikelier to set off the trap -- even if you walk over it?

Just an idea, or 3.

Laura

ps, I edited this to put the boots of fw in. What is the custom around here -- edit your posts when you have had a

new idea (especially if nobody has read the post before) or post a reply to your own topic with the new idea in that?

[quote name='lac' date='Oct 26 2008, 09:08 AM' post='135571'

ps, I edited this to put the boots of fw in. What is the custom around here -- edit your posts when you have had a

new idea (especially if nobody has read the post before) or post a reply to your own topic with the new idea in that?

Ok, so now I reply to my own post ....

a spell to set off any traps set in an area seems conceptually possible. Bring on the Doom Knights! But let the

lightning only flash when I will it to ...

Ok, so now I reply to my own post ....

That is sometimes the better way, so others will see, that new content is written in this topic. But has not much time passed since you wrote a post, you can edit your own post.

Greetings Leomar

I believe you could alter the Find Traps spell to check for them once per second instead of per round.

Alternatively one might alter the trap scripts to check if the walker wears the said boots and and not to set off. Not the best idea though, as I think it's next to impossible to compose a code that would recognize harmless traps, that are required for plot advancing. Still one might try to do the work manually but it's barely pleasant and still may prove to be bug producing.

Archived