ranger clerics

lac

I have always found playing a ranger-cleric disappointing, because I really want rangers to use bows. Would it

be possible to design a ranger-cleric kit for the use of ranger-clerics which allowed this? Given the

nature of Divine remix, we might end up with more of a Druid/Ranger than a Cleric/Ranger, but then I always thought

that this would make more sense anyway.

Any interest in this idea?

Laura

ps, thank you for divine remix, which I find quite splendid. Much more satisfactory than the d&d rules...

I will attempt to write a patch that allows Cleric/Rangers to wield bows, and I think they can already hold arrows. EDIT: They can't, so I modify arrows as well. :p

BACKUP ~#!CR_bows/Backup~
AUTHOR ~Icendoan~
VERSION ~1~
MODDER
BEGIN ~Allow Cleric/Rangers to use bows~
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~bow.*.itm~ ~override~
PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71 BEGIN //Protects against invalid fixes
 PATCH_IF 0x1c = 15 BEGIN //Only if the type is a bow.
//							  33322222222221111111111000000000
//							  21098765432109876543210987654321 Yes, I have trouble with binary values. Yes, this helps tons.
  WRITE_LONG 0x1e (0x1e BAND 0b01000000010011001101001111000000)
 END
END
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~arow.*.itm~ ~override~
PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71 BEGIN
 PATCH_IF 0x1c = 5 BEGIN //Only if the type is a bow.
//							  33322222222221111111111000000000
//							  21098765432109876543210987654321
  WRITE_LONG 0x1e (0x1e BAND 0b01000000010011001101001111000000)
 END
END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Install it after anything that adds bows or arrows to the game.

Copy it to a setup-#!CR_bows.tp2 and rename a WeiDU.exe to setup-#!CR_Bows.exe and run it.

Only works for BG2, TuTu will not have any bows to parse. Heck, I am going to upload this at SHS. Brb!

Icen

I will attempt to write a patch that allows Cleric/Rangers to wield bows, and I think they can already hold arrows. EDIT: They can't, so I modify arrows as well. :p

I'm pretty sure this code won't work without some changes. You'll need some READs thrown in (0x1c does not equal 15 :p), and I'd reduce the BAND to only enable the C/R flag (ie. 1s in every other position) - you might also want to only patch if the item is usable by normal rangers. Also, there shouldn't be a problem with turning it into a single COPY_EXISTING for all files in game and keeping your restriction that their item type matches bow or arrow - this way, it will work for Tutu items and whatever else. And I just remembered you might need to patch weapprof.2da to allow them to become proficient in the weapon.

P.S. Item Revisions has a component that allows multiclass clerics to use any weapons that their non-cleric class can use, which includes C/Rs with bows, but it would affect many other weapons too.

I am using Item Revisions now, and using a bow is working. Using a helmet is not, but I am

working on that. I hope the hotfix from IR will fix this. But a related question -- I want to make

a cleric/ranger with the Feywarder of Carellon kit.

Now, what I usually do when I want a kitted multi-class is to create my character as a plain

multi-class, and then go in and use shadowkeeper to add the kit. But shadowkeeper isn't

aware of the DR kits, so what I did in this case was make a single class Feywarder of Carellon,

and then use shadowkeeper to change the class to cleric/ranger and edit the weapon

proficiencies. Is this the accepted way to add DV kits to multi-class characters? Or is there

a better way?

Laura

Archived