My First Post!

Gibberer

Well, this is it! I've decided not to worry about the saves since I can always download the mods again and enjoy them(it's been quite some time for some of them).

So here are the instructions I'm going to use:

1) Uninstall SOA/TOB fully.

2) Uninstall any mods for SOA/TOB.

3) Uninstall BG1/TOTSC fully(no mods yet).

4) Install BG1 and TOTSC, custom installation and hit every box.

5) Patch for BG1/TOTSC.

6) Install SOA/TOB plus bonus disk, custom installation, hit every box.

7) Patch for SOA/TOB.

8) EasyTutu.

9) BG1NPC.

10) BG1NPC music pack.

Correct? If not let me know since I'll certainly be back and offering an Oscar scene of pure emotional sorrow. :D

After you uninstall everything, you might want to delete your game directory prior to reinstalling. That will automatically delete the saved games (which will have mis-matched string references, anyway), your old weidu.log, etc.

EasyTuTu loaded successfully.

BG1NPC does not load successfully.:D

Screen is as follows:

[C:\PROGRA~1\AOL9~1.1download\setup-bg1npc.exe] WeiDU version 20600

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:

dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

Press ENTER to exit.

BG1 Music Pack obviously not loaded while awaiting events.

1) Is there a way to get only some of AMOK's portraits or is it an all-or-nothing deal?

2) If I start a game while awaiting a reply will it work with BG1NPC when/if that mod is successfully downloaded or will I need to start over?

Never mind that last question. Something is seriously wrong with EasyTutu.

It demands that I put the TOTSC disk in the D drive, which is not possible. So either EasyTutu requires a patch or correction which I need, or I just wiped out years of saved games and mods for something that doesn't work at all.

[C:\PROGRA~1\AOL9~1.1download\setup-bg1npc.exe] WeiDU version 20600

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:

dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

Press ENTER to exit.

If you aren't able to get the self-extracting archive to install it to your Tutu directory, I'd recommend using WinRAR to manually extract the files from bg1npc-v16.exe, and then move them into your Tutu directory.

I would definitely wait until you've installed the mod before starting a game.

Regarding the CD drive issue, Tutu requires that you have ToB loaded in a CD drive or virtual drive.

No, I've got WinRar, I need the steps to take.

1) What file or files am I supposed to be using it on and where am I supposed to be moving them to and what do I after they arrive, if they arrive, in the right folder?

2) And will that solve the problem of asking me to put something in D drive, which I can not do?

Well, there is a downloaded .exe for BG1NPC called bg1npc-v16.exe or very similar, that unpacks itself, usually.

If you go and download it again, but this time right click in your downloads bar/window, depending on what browser you use, you should see a "View in Folder" or similar option.

You need to find the exe in your downloads folder, wherever that may be, and right click on it for WinRAR to unpack it.

Then, you take ALL the unpacked files and and copy them over to your EasyTuTu directory, which is, by default C:/Program Files/BaldursGateTutu/

Then you run setup-bg1nc-v16.exe to install. :D

Icen

I'm back and will give a point by point view of my clumsily and bumblingly attempting to follow Icen's clear and considerate instructions.

I did refer to myself as technologically illiterate and on a par with five year olds previously.

1) Download for Windows at G3 Mirror!

2) bg1npc~v16.exe clicked open and clicked run.

I have to uninstall all prior versions of The BG1 NPC Project from my game. Doesn't that mean I have to uninstall BG1 and TOTSC? And how would I do this?

Also I have to delete the folder "bg1npc" and the file "bg1npc.tp2" from your installation folder and where do I find them?

Well. Ok. Here we go.

To uninstall all prior versions of BG1 NPC, you can just run the installer again, this is one reason WeiDU is so awesome.

Find your EasyTutu directory (where you installed it to), which is usually C:/Program Files/BaldursGateTutu/ and delete the folder bg1npc (it has a G3 logo, so you can look for that), and setup-bg1npc-v**.exe and .tp2 (** is any number, really).

Once you have done that, you can download the bg1npc mod from here, or, if you already have it:

run it. Click next, and the next page-thing you should see has a little bar, where your path for the archive to extract to. Click it and type in your Tutu path (full, so C:/Program Files/BaldursGateTutu/ if you just click next mindlessly) and then click next.

It should run for a few seconds, then open a command box (a black box, MS-DOS prompt, CMD.exe, all that), which should then install BG1NPC Project.

If it is already installed, it will uninstall it and then install the newer version. Customize your BG1NPC installation via the command line, following the on-screen instructions.

Hope this is a bit clearer. :D

Icen

Archived