Unexpected interaction between Divine Remix and Item Revisions

lac

I started a new character -- cleric with the kit Feywarden of Corellon.

I also selected the 'druids don't wear metal helmets' component of item revisions.

My cleric could not wear a helmet. Uninstalling that component of Item Revisions

made it possible for her to wear one again.

Thank you very much for item revisions, by the way. Ranger-Clerics who can use bows!

Absolutely Great!

Laura

Unless DR makes that kit use druid's usabilities (does it?) the problem should be related to what Jarno suggests. Have you downloaded the hotfixes?

DR doesn't divide the spells into 'druid spells' and 'cleric spells'. So, I'm a cleric, but I can cast summon insects ...

So if you are using 'check to see if a certain spell is around' to determine if a character is a druid, then that won't

work with divine remix.

I will download the hotfixes and see if it makes any difference tomorrow. It's past midnight here, and I must sleep.

Thank you very much, by the way.

Laura

DR doesn't divide the spells into 'druid spells' and 'cleric spells'. So, I'm a cleric, but I can cast summon insects ...

So if you are using 'check to see if a certain spell is around' to determine if a character is a druid, then that won't work with divine remix

I know the sphere system, I was trying to figure out the only possible causes, and usability flags was one.

I will download the hotfixes and see if it makes any difference tomorrow. It's past midnight here, and I must sleep.
Let me know if it fix your problem, it probably should. It's past midnight here too. :p

Thank you very much, by the way.
You're welcome. :p
I started a new character -- cleric with the kit Feywarden of Corellon.

I also selected the 'druids don't wear metal helmets' component of item revisions.

My cleric could not wear a helmet. Uninstalling that component of Item Revisions

made it possible for her to wear one again.

Thank you very much for item revisions, by the way. Ranger-Clerics who can use bows!

Absolutely Great!

Laura

As mentioned, this will almost definitely be caused by the druid helmet component. My bad. Good to hear that you're enjoying the rest of the mod, though.

And just a reminder, the hotfixes will require a fresh (re)install in order to do anything - if you've already uninstalled the component, installing it again after having extracted the hotfixes should hopefully make it do what it's supposed to.

reinstalling with the hotfixes fixed the problem. Great. Thank you.

It also caused me to find another problem. Archers cannot wear the Helmet of Balduran, though

they can wear other metal helmets. See the note:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...c=15911&hl=

I posted there, because I think its a plain old BG2 bug, not one of yours. But thought I would

drop a mention here, in case you are doing something to keep archers and stalkers out of

metal hats as well, in which case the problem is that there still are some they can wear, not

that the HoB cannot.

Also -- what confused me before was the message that you get on installation ....

'prevent druids from wearing helmets (Y/N/Q). This said to me that the druid restrictions were

under my control. Maybe 'Ensure that druids cannot wear metal helmets introduced by mods'

or something is closer to the truth of what you are doing?

Laura

It also caused me to find another problem. Archers cannot wear the Helmet of Balduran, though they can wear other metal helmets.
This is my fault. I previously flagged helmets to be not usable by archers, beast masters and stalkers, I have reverted this change long time ago (though it did make sense), but it seems I forgot the archer's flag in the Helmet of Balduran (probably because this helmet had much more restrictions in IR's Beta). I've fixed it, but I think there will be no new hotfixes before V2, thus if you desperately need this helm on an archer let me know.

Also -- what confused me before was the message that you get on installation ....

'prevent druids from wearing helmets (Y/N/Q). This said to me that the druid restrictions were under my control. Maybe 'Ensure that druids cannot wear metal helmets introduced by mods' or something is closer to the truth of what you are doing?

Yeah, you're probably right. It's "my fault" again, there are some things I don't like to make optional for conceptual reasons (druid's restrictions being one of them).

'prevent druids from wearing helmets (Y/N/Q). This said to me that the druid restrictions were

under my control. Maybe 'Ensure that druids cannot wear metal helmets introduced by mods'

or something is closer to the truth of what you are doing?

Laura

The reason this is not named differently is because you can install it (as well as the other tweaks) without the main IR component if you so desire, and it will affect all items in game. The readme should hopefully be pretty clear that the main component already contains these changes as well as the fighter/druid armor one and general weapon changes.

Archived