No chance to not have kensais be bracer users, or restrict thieves from using wands?

lac

"Lots of stuff..."
So... No chance of making the component optional I guess? :p
Eh eh, I like discussing you know. :D I don't know, if it's doable without too much hassle fine with me, else I think your uber kensage would have to live with an additional +2 AC. ???

What I and Ardanis were "simply" trying to say is that it's really not an unbalancing factor. Actually I'd dare to say true kensais are too weak without such feature with IR installed.

Top notch heavy armors are more heavily enchanted than in vanilla, helmets are generally more enchanted, and shields are a lot more powerful than in vanilla. All these things makes true fighters more effective characters while leaving kensai's power level unaltered.

Eh eh, I like discussing you know. :D I don't know, if it's doable without too much hassle fine with me, else I think your uber kensage would have to live with an additional +2 AC. ???

What I and Ardanis were "simply" trying to say is that it's really not an unbalancing factor. Actually I'd dare to say true kensais are too weak without such feature with IR installed.

Top notch heavy armors are more heavily enchanted than in vanilla, helmets are generally more enchanted, and shields are a lot more powerful than in vanilla. All these things makes true fighters more effective characters while leaving kensai's power level unaltered.

That makes two of us... :p

I get your point and I appreciate that IR tries to be balanced. Unbalanced stuff and too many magical items have been my two biggest griefs with the BWS so far.

I believe one more point was amiss in this discussion. Kensai has only 3-4 better damage/thaco by the end of BG1, and loses about as much AC in comparison to a fighter in non-magical fullplate. Without bracers he would have been no match at all.

Archived