A few Questions

Guest Guest_Viperdan_*

Guest Guest_Viperdan_*

Hey guys,

the call lightning spell seems quite overpowered.6d6 electrical damage every round for up to 11 rounds(level 40 druid)That doesn't seem right for a mere 3rd level spell.

There is a topic "Improved Summons" which gives statistics for various SR modified creatures,however the spell revisions spell descriptions page gives different values for some of the creatures(like demons)Which one's are correct?

Also,what does "Fire Trap" do?

the call lightning spell seems quite overpowered.6d6 electrical damage every round for up to 11 rounds(level 40 druid)That doesn't seem right for a mere 3rd level spell.
Spells are capped at 20th level in D&D, thus the duration of this spell is capped at 6 rounds. You may be surprised to know that some players asked me to make it more damaging, but I think more would certainly be too much.

There is a topic "Improved Summons" which gives statistics for various SR modified creatures,however the spell revisions spell descriptions page gives different values for some of the creatures(like demons)Which one's are correct?
Tell me which ones so that I can make them match one another and let you know which ones are correct.

Also,what does "Fire Trap" do?
Do you know cleric's Glyph of Warding? It's exactly the same, but druids get it a level earlier and their version deals fire damage instead of electrical damage.
Guest Guest_Viperdan_*

Hey Demivrgvs,First i want to say how impressed i am with this mod.I don't agree with all of the changes,but that's just a matter of taste

The Death Knight,Glabrezu and Pit fiends all have different hitpoints on the "Improved Summons" and "Spell Descriptions" page.Is the "Improved Summons" page the definitive one?

In my mind,even six rounds is to much.The spell is just to low level.4 rounds at 20th level seems reasonable to me.

What's the damage cap for Fire trap?

Guest Guest_Viperdan_*

I noticed that the priest spell "protection from fire has been removed.Does that change conflict with SCS II'S smarter priest(especially when used with SCS II's priest buffing option.)

The Death Knight,Glabrezu and Pit fiends all have different hitpoints on the "Improved Summons" and "Spell Descriptions" page.Is the "Improved Summons" page the definitive one?
I don't have the time now to compare them, but the descriptions shipped with the mod (the in-game ones) are surely the most updated. :p Will reply to it asap.

What's the damage cap for Fire trap?
10d4

Also i notice that the air elementals have different apr's on each page
Will fix, anyway Air Elementals have one apr more than the others elementals...

I noticed that the priest spell "protection from fire has been removed.Does that change conflict with SCS II'S smarter priest(especially when used with SCS II's priest buffing option.)
It doesn't conflict, they'll be able to cast it.
Guest Guest_Viperdan_*

Ok,thank's for the help Demivrgvs.This question has nothing to do with your mod but i still have to know.What's the difference between fire/cold and magic fire/cold and how are they applied in the game?

Ok, everything should be fine now, though .doc material will be updated only with the next release.

I've renamed the topic, but Revised Summons topic should generally be the place to look for quickly find the most updated description of IR's summoned creatures.

What's the difference between fire/cold and magic fire/cold and how are they applied in the game?
Magic fire/cold is just another way to inflict fire/cold damage, and some creatures in AD&D could be immune to normal fire but vulnerable to magic fire. In BG very few creatures I'm aware of use this distinction, and for both SR and IR I just don't consider magic fire/cold at all.

I also heard of magic fire causing crashes on target's death, or something like that, but I haven't tested it. Others may be better informed than me on this matter.

Hey Demivrgvs,Why can't SR be installed after SCS II?
Mainly for two reasons:

- SR doesn't have a Detectable Spell component, as I temporarily removed it (V1 had it) when DavidW and aVENGER were updating it to avoid any possible issue

- SCS partially take into account some of SR changes and needs both to detect it and to patch some of its files

I notice that's cleric's first level spell Pro from evil has been changed to have a casting time of 4.That doesn't bother me but i wonder if this change also affects a paladins innate Pro from evil?

The cleric and mage spell animate dead,when it says "for every 3 levels of the caster" does that means every 3 levels above level 7?

Now that insect plague and insect swarm allow saves does Scs II's fire shield red and blue still protect against them?

Can an Aerial Servant's invisibility be dispelled?If not,if i place this piece of code(COPY ~spell_rev\sppr6##\servsu.itm~ ~override~) in /* */ would i get an aerial servant without the imp invisibility?

Archived