A few Questions

Guest Guest_Viperdan_*

I notice that's cleric's first level spell Pro from evil has been changed to have a casting time of 4.That doesn't bother me but i wonder if this change also affects a paladins innate Pro from evil?

Now that insect plague and insect swarm allow saves does Scs II's fire shield red and blue still protect against them?

Can an Aerial Servant's invisibility be dispelled?If not,if i place this piece of code(COPY ~spell_rev\sppr6##\servsu.itm~ ~override~) in /* */ would i get an aerial servant without the imp invisibility?

No, I forgot about having changed Pro from evil, and I don't remember why I did it right now. The innate version has casting time 1 though.

SCS II's Fire Shields protect against Insect Spells? Are you sure?

Why would you want to remove the only feature that makes Aerial Servan worth to be cast? Anyway, servsu.itm is its "weapon", I wouldn't recomment commenting it out.

I notice that's cleric's first level spell Pro from evil has been changed to have a casting time of 4.That doesn't bother me but i wonder if this change also affects a paladins innate Pro from evil?

Now that insect plague and insect swarm allow saves does Scs II's fire shield red and blue still protect against them?

Can an Aerial Servant's invisibility be dispelled?If not,if i place this piece of code(COPY ~spell_rev\sppr6##\servsu.itm~ ~override~) in /* */ would i get an aerial servant without the imp invisibility?

No, I forgot about having changed Pro from evil, and I don't remember why I did it right now. The innate version has casting time 1 though.

SCS II's Fire Shields protect against Insect Spells? Are you sure?

Why would you want to remove the only feature that makes Aerial Servan worth to be cast? Anyway, servsu.itm is its "weapon", I wouldn't recomment commenting it out.

In my game,with Scs II installed,mages protected by fireshield red aren't affected by insect plague.

Your aerial servants have a lot of hit points and quite a few resistances.I'm afraid even with scs II installed enemy wizards or clerics might find them near impossible to kill since they can't be targeted by non-area effect spells.Then again,i could be wrong,i'll see how it goes in my game.

Is there documentation for the changes you've made to the quest level spells?I'd hate to play through much of the game then find out that some of the new spells aren't to my liking and i wouldn't want to risk uninstalling those parts and potentially breaking my game.

In my game,with Scs II installed,mages protected by fireshield red aren't affected by insect plague.

Your aerial servants have a lot of hit points and quite a few resistances.I'm afraid even with scs II installed enemy wizards or clerics might find them near impossible to kill since they can't be targeted by non-area effect spells.Then again,i could be wrong,i'll see how it goes in my game.

Is there documentation for the changes you've made to the quest level spells?I'd hate to play through much of the game then find out that some of the new spells aren't to my liking and i wouldn't want to risk uninstalling those parts and potentially breaking my game.

I've looked again into it and I can't find any reference regarding SCS affecting Fire Shields spells at all. I'd bet it's another mod doing it.

SCS's mages should be able to get rid af an Aerial Servant with a Death Spell, anyway no ones reported it to be too effective, try it and let me know if you can. I'll "nerf" it somehow if needed.

For HLAs you may look here.

How long does blade barrier's damage last?
I suppose you mean how much the barrier itself lasts, right? 10 rounds.

Also,are wands of horror also modified to last for 5 rounds?
Wands don't cast "spells" but use effects which imitate spells (unless you install IR), and most of them aren't suppose to cast the exact copy of the original one. Long story short, SR doesn't change Wands.

Can /* */ be used to comment out large blocks of spells?
Yes.
Guest Scribbles

What did you do with greater malison? Is it -2 to all saves now?

And why haven't I found a single GM scroll yet? I'm in chapter 6 and I'm really getting tired of baddies making their saves. Jan had it in his mage book but I ditched him.

What did you do with greater malison? Is it -2 to all saves now?

And why haven't I found a single GM scroll yet? I'm in chapter 6 and I'm really getting tired of baddies making their saves. Jan had it in his mage book but I ditched him.

This means that even IR's saves (which already have more penalties than vanilla's ones) aren't overpowered, good! That being said I did nothing to GM's scrolls allocation, but the spell has been nerfed as per PnP for balancing reason. A -4 penalty GM is really too powerful as I've demonstrated in a related topic, it's math not an opinion, and because of SR's penalties it's even more noticeable with SR.

Here's the excerpt from that discussion (to which both aVENGER and DavidW agreed):

Spell Trigger: (x3 Confusion) vs. (Greater Malison + 2x Confusion)

- Targets have outstanding saves vs. spell: 2;

- Confusion has a save vs. spell at -2 penalty (-3 with SR but let's discard this change for now);

x3 Confusion: targets have a 51% chance to successfully save against the whole Spell Trigger

Greater Malison (-4 penalty) + 2x Confusion: targets have a 36% chance to successfully save against the whole Spell Trigger

Greater Malison (-2 penalty) + 2x Confusion: targets have a 49% chance to successfully save against the whole Spell Trigger

Even with a -2 penalty Greter Malison is already very effective on the first round. Then you should consider that all subsequent spells casted in the following rounds (up to 40 rounds!) will have a +10% chance to affect all targets. Most spells guides/threads seem to forget this, but instead it's the most important thing about Greater Malison (and the one that makes -4/20% penalty overpowered imo), especially because very few times the AI will dispel Greater Malison on itself (I'm not sure how SCS handles it).

Hi Demivrgvs,I'm about done with my editing.I've removed the spells i didn't like(mostly those with extreme save penalties) and i'm about to install.However,i came across this in the tp2://COPY ~spell_rev\spwi6##\spin686.spl~ ~override~.What does this spell do and is suppose to be there?I ask because it almost seems like you tried but forgot to edit it out.

Edit:2 questions.I'm not installing your version of improved invisibilty.Does this mean the aerial servant will use vanilla improved invisibility and therefore get a +4 to saves?The invisible stalker,when it says it returns invisible after an attack,is that normal invisibility or improved invisibility?If normal,how would fighter types be able to attack it?If improved,like the aerial servant does it get a +4 to saves with vanilla imp invisibility or like the aerial servant does it use it's only custom invisibility spell/item?

Hi Demivrgvs,I'm about done with my editing.I've removed the spells i didn't like(mostly those with extreme save penalties) and i'm about to install.However,i came across this in the tp2://COPY ~spell_rev\spwi6##\spin686.spl~ ~override~.What does this spell do and is suppose to be there?I ask because it almost seems like you tried but forgot to edit it out.
As Icen says it's a PfMW, I don't remember why I edited it right now...I'm sure you'll likely have no problem if you edit it out.

Edit:2 questions.I'm not installing your version of improved invisibilty.Does this mean the aerial servant will use vanilla improved invisibility and therefore get a +4 to saves?The invisible stalker,when it says it returns invisible after an attack,is that normal invisibility or improved invisibility?If normal,how would fighter types be able to attack it?If improved,like the aerial servant does it get a +4 to saves with vanilla imp invisibility or like the aerial servant does it use it's only custom invisibility spell/item?
Stalker and Aerial Servant don't receive +4 bonus to saves because of their invisibility, no matter the version of II you want to use.

The "improved invisibility" opcode doesn't have the +4 bonus to saves, they were added via effetcs, and by doing it they caused several issues:

- multiple II would cause these bonues to saves to stack (Fixpack "fix" it in a way I previously used too, but it had an issue itself, you can't re-cast II until the first spell has run out, no matter if you have already become visible)

- those bonuses are not dispelled by Detect Invisibilty ot Invisibility Purge

That being said, +4 to AC and saves, turning invisible and virtual immunity to spells which needs a target is way too much for a 4th level spell.

P.S Why don't you try SR's Invisible Stalker and Aerial servant and let me know how they perform? If you find out you prefer vanilla's ones you can safely delete their files from the override and you'll just have vanilla's ones without need to re-install anything.

Hmmm,something strange happened in Chateau Irenicus.I have improved ilyich installed and i wanted to test the deva and gate spells.So i used the console to give imoen a gate scroll.Then i waited until ilyich's cleric summoned a fallen deva and had imoen cast gate.Well,they are both quite powerful.The pit fiend especially is immensely powerful,it decimated everything in it's path.The strange thing is,the fallen deva's "sword" was unable to hurt the pit fiend.It hit the pit fiend several times yet they was no damage.Everything else seemed to work okay.They both cast instantaneous spells,etc.

Edit.The aerial servant is fine for me.I'm thinking of it as a clerics nishruu.A mage killer but not really meant for combat againt's fighters however.I say that because i consoled in smaeluv orcslicer,the guy that hangs out with mencar pebblecrusher,and he massacred the aerial servant.Remembering it now,i can't even say it was a fight,just a straight massacre.

Hmmm,something strange happened in Chateau Irenicus.I have improved ilyich installed and i wanted to test the deva and gate spells.So i used the console to give imoen a gate scroll.Then i waited until ilyich's cleric summoned a fallen deva and had imoen cast gate.Well,they are both quite powerful.The pit fiend especially is immensely powerful,it decimated everything in it's path.The strange thing is,the fallen deva's "sword" was unable to hurt the pit fiend.It hit the pit fiend several times yet they was no damage.Everything else seemed to work okay.They both cast instantaneous spells,etc.
Pit Fiends are quite more powerful than Devas, but the latter should be able to damage the former. I've just checked and unless something went wrong on install or some other mod conflicts Deva has a Heavy Mace of Disruption +3, while Pit Fiend has immunity tp +2 weapons and no physical resistances.

Edit.The aerial servant is fine for me.I'm thinking of it as a clerics nishruu.A mage killer but not really meant for combat againt's fighters however.I say that because i consoled in smaeluv orcslicer,the guy that hangs out with mencar pebblecrusher,and he massacred the aerial servant.Remembering it now,i can't even say it was a fight,just a straight massacre.
An Aerial Servant isn't supposed to fight 1vs1 against a medium level barbarian. :) Let me know if it's too powerful against mages...

Archived