Clubs and Backstabbing

lac

Use Any Item doesn't allow you to backstab with any weapon. At least in the vanilla game you can only backstab with thieves weapons no matter what weapons you can use. You can't backstab with a bastard sword with your F/M/T even though you are legitimately proficient with it. At least that's how it is in the vanilla game.

Other mods can modify that under your nose, you know. Say, Ashes of Embers, for example.
I already knew about the "thief flag needed to backstab issue", and I think Mike is investigating it. I don't know what he is planning to do about that (or what he may be able to do), but adding the penalties to all weapons, despite them being usable by thieves in vanilla, will allow the component to correctly work even if something like Ashes of Embers makes all weapons usable by thieves.

I've just finished coding this component according to the table here (which we were in complete agreement over :)) and it appears to be working well. There will be an option to make weapons previously 'unsuitable for backstabbing' now usable, though this requires these items be made usable by single-class thieves (they still won't be able to put proficiency points in the weapon categories).

There are some items which should be restricted from backstabbing because you just cannot sneak around with them. By the way, I would like to add flaming swords to that list.

I just saw this and wondered if anyone would like this component to also give flaming swords a penalty to Hide in Shadows (a bit more reflective of the issue at stake here, and it shouldn't affect magically invisible thieves).

There are some items which should be restricted from backstabbing because you just cannot sneak around with them. By the way, I would like to add flaming swords to that list.

I just saw this and wondered if anyone would like this component to also give flaming swords a penalty to Hide in Shadows (a bit more reflective of the issue at stake here, and it shouldn't affect magically invisible thieves).

I think it would make sense, so yes.

I think it would make sense, so yes.

Of course

Archived