Yaga shura query

The final battle version of Yaga-Shura was supposed to have resistances which decline slowly over time (2 percentage points per round IIRC) but was bugged. I believe SCSII fixes that bug.

I think the "Improved Yaga-Shura" you meet outside Saradush already had the declining resistances implemented correctly. So no I don't think there is any change from Ascension there, but the longer you fight him the easier he is to hurt.

The final battle version of Yaga-Shura was supposed to have resistances which decline slowly over time (2 percentage points per round IIRC) but was bugged. I believe SCSII fixes that bug.

More than fixes, actually: I think it removes the declining resistance thing altogether (on the grounds that it doesn't make sense for Y-S's resistance to "reset" to 100% upon his resurrection and then decline again). I'm amenable to reconsidering that if people disagree.

I think the "Improved Yaga-Shura" you meet outside Saradush already had the declining resistances implemented correctly.

Yep.

I think it removes the declining resistance thing altogether

Thanks - but just to clarify, what is it replaced by? Are Yaga Shura's resistances fixed at a certain (lower) level or something? Or completely removed?

They're fixed at whatever level is the minimum that he declines to - 40%, I think.

BTW welcome back :)

Thanks. I just decided term was getting too busy for me to keep up with the boards, especially as I wasn't going to have a chance to do any bugfixing anyway.

Archived