Question about Coran Romance

Guest flashblade

Guest flashblade

Hi there,

the romance guide of your project suggests that I am pretty much finished, having gone to the end of path 6. It was just revealed to him that my Charname is a child of Bhaal and I must say I didn't expect his reaction to this in the least. Thinking about it though yeah it does kinda suit Coran the thrillseeker. My character told him that she was going to turn him back to the gentle Coran. Is there any follow up on this? Would be a shame if not since there seems to be alot of potential left down that road.

P.S. I noticed a bug there as well. The line "That mad glint in your eyes puts me ill at ease" or some such didn't progress the conversation, so I had to choose something else.

The romance kind of consists of bits and pieces, that add-on depending on the paths chosen (I know, I was mad, but Coran came in very late in the original game). Did you do Briel's quest yet? If not, you will have romance parts connected to that as well.

Guest flashblade
The romance kind of consists of bits and pieces, that add-on depending on the paths chosen (I know, I was mad, but Coran came in very late in the original game). Did you do Briel's quest yet? If not, you will have romance parts connected to that as well.

Hi Domi,

yeah Briel is done to the very end, with him choosing my Charname over her and Namara. The Bhaal child revelation came after this. It always would when I am playing since I tend to do everything I want to in Baldur's Gate the first time around. It becomes such a pain when the Flammys start chasing you around. If I have it right you are the author of this romance. So is there no follow up on his little crazy reaction to the Bhaalspawn revelation?

On another note I want to compliment you on some excellent writing. Coran feels like a truly elven character with how he expresses himself and there is no doubt that you do know how to write a master charmer. You have also created some really very nice situations, like his dance under the moonlit sky or hiding in the mists, simply beautiful. I enjoyed these and similar events very much.

Thank you :) It's really a bit difficult to me to remember by now to be honest, but off hand there will be none, because it's already a reaction to an event, so it's a single talk's most likely. Helani Celanil chain of the flirts is more of a series.

Guest flashblade

So this is essentially done? A pity. I have played a few charmods now and so far none has gone extensively into the two subjects that are so distressing for the main char. First the Bhaalspawn revelation and second being without the divine soul. Well how distressing the revelation is depends on the char alignment but for a good char this is a traumatic thing. Everybody seems to be content to pretty much have one or two talks about this for example in SoA leave it at the dizzyness and the first slayer change in Spellhold. I think those are themes that would warrant massive content, especially in a romance. I really would like to be able to express to the love interest that I am damn afraid of loosing myself and only put up a tough front for the rest of the party, in case of the SOA thing. Well maybe I stumble yet across a mod that does just that.

Thank you for answering my questions Domi

Dynaheir dwells on that revelation for the whole of 3 talks iirc :) I wouldn't argue with you that it is a huge story-point in the game, but I think it is a risky descision to write too many talks on the same topic. A classic example are the Aerie's wings. Even the sturdy Aerie's lover like myself couldn't help but roll my eyes once it came up for the fifth time. When each talk of many just re-casts the same theme over and over it can grow stale; I think that most BG2 romancees though mention that in multiple talks, if don't dedicate the entire talk to it. I think a few romances were going to concentrate more on Bhaal's heritage - the long-abandoned Haer'Dalis romance was going to have Haer'Dalis to grow fascinated with that; and I vaguely remember someone else's abandoned mod about either the cleric of Cyric or... I've been around for too long!

You will need to check with Berelinde to see if Gavin as a cleric of Lathander pursues spiritual matters over Bhaal's puzzle at length with the PC. He might be the good pick.

Heh, I am probably not the best person to talk about BG at the moment. Coran is about 20 or so developped characters and good 5 years behind for me now.... Like I said - been around for too long!

P.S. I noticed a bug there as well. The line "That mad glint in your eyes puts me ill at ease" or some such didn't progress the conversation, so I had to choose something else.

The closest I could find: p#ciflirt.tra

@54   = ~You sound insane, Coran, and that gleam in your eyes puts me ill at ease.~

Related code,

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN COBH1.3
SAY @52
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @53 GOTO COBH1.8
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @54 GOTO COBH1.4
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @55 GOTO COBH1.7
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @56 EXIT
++ @44 + COBH1.11
++ @45 + COBH1.12
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN COBH1.8
SAY@66
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

I don't think the runon would cause this, but just in case, repaired to

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN COBH1.8
 SAY @66
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

To make absolutely sure, checked all files for this -

following instances repaired:

[F:\BG1NPC_Workspace\bg1npc-v17\bg1npc\phase3\corom\dlg\p#corlt.d]

Line 2302 : SAY@858

Line 2326 : SAY@867

Line 3147 : SAY@1138

Line 3152 : SAY@1139

Line 3157 : SAY@858

Line 3181 : SAY@867

Line 3289 : SAY@1198

Line 3958 : SAY@1405

[F:\BG1NPC_Workspace\bg1npc-v17\bg1npc\phase3\corom\dlg\p#crnpc.d]

Line 425 : SAY@154

[F:\BG1NPC_Workspace\bg1npc-v17\bg1npc\phase3\dyrom\dlg\x#dyro.d]

Line 477 : SAY@193

I cannot find any other references - is this the line that was played?

Guest Guest_wildfly_*

just curious about the coran romance

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

i didn't want him to become CN so i offered Briel to pay her off :blush:

so Coran stayed CG but without a baby

my question is - what kind of lovetalks will i have?

in the manual it's either CN or CG with the baby...

Archived