Cannot install More consistent Breach spell component

lac

This is from version 8. I dowloaded the source again, and the bug is still there.

setup-scsii-debug is an enormous file. I can send you the whole thing if you wish, but I think

that this is only revelant bit.

SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2 0 1000 Permanently_Uninstalled

SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2 0 2000 Permanently_Uninstalled

SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2 0 1000 Installed ~Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components)~

SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2 0 2000 Installed ~Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll~

ERROR: Failure("wand18.itm: write out of bounds")

PLEASE email the file SETUP-SCSII.DEBUG to davidw, Gibberlings3 forums

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[scsII/tra/english/english.tra] has 466 translation strings

all the other components I tried to install installed fine.

Do you need me to send you anything else?

Laura

This happens because with the last hotfixes IR changes the wand of spell striking, but it doesn't work along with scs. What I do is simply delete the wand18.itm file from the override, then you can install the scs component.

What I do is simply delete the wand18.itm file from the override, then you can install the scs component.
Either do that or comment out the item before installing IR.

Quoting myself: "I knew about that problem but I thought DavidW solved it (it was reported long time ago when IR not even existed). The issue is "caused by SCS" which tries to patch the item as it worked in vanilla (via effects instead of actual spells) and fails if it find a changed item. Currently you have to disable IR's Wand of Spellstrike to install that SCS's component, but in that case the wand's Breach and Pierce Magic abilities will be affacted by the old vanilla's issues as they weren't considered Magic Attack spells".

What I do is simply delete the wand18.itm file from the override, then you can install the scs component.
Either do that or comment out the item before installing IR.

Quoting myself: "I knew about that problem but I thought DavidW solved it (it was reported long time ago when IR not even existed). The issue is "caused by SCS" which tries to patch the item as it worked in vanilla (via effects instead of actual spells) and fails if it find a changed item. Currently you have to disable IR's Wand of Spellstrike to install that SCS's component, but in that case the wand's Breach and Pierce Magic abilities will be affacted by the old vanilla's issues as they weren't considered Magic Attack spells".

Yeah, normally SCS2 does very careful checking, before it edits a file, to see if someone else has edited it already. But occasionally I cut corners (usually those bits correlate to bits of code I'm writing late at night when I want to go to bed). Invariably this is a Bad Idea, for reasons like this. If I have a chance I'll put more dynamic code into the next version.

Archived