Sign in to follow this  
Guest Digitael

Really weird Amber.. bug?

Guest Digitael

I am player 2 game with my friend and I cannot equip gear on Amber, I have control and permissions to change her gear, and I can change other party members gear no problem but not Amber's. All her gear is red and says she cannot wear swords, shields, spears, leather armor, or anything. The only items I can use on her is staves and healing potions.

Player 1 my friend is the game host and she can change her gear just fine. I know the bug is a minor bug, but it can be bothersome asking my friend to equip Amber every time I find new gear.

Is there anyway to fix this maybe? We all have to same mods and our weidu.log match exactly. We only have bg2fixpack and Amber installed so far, so there couldn't be any other conflicts I can think of =(

Thanks for reading, have a nice day.

-Digi

Has the problem been bothering from the beginning of your MP game, from the moment Amber joined your party?

I think I've hard of this problem (or similar) before and that occurred after the player had dramatically changed his mod selection and tried to load an old game with Amber. That might have been a single player game though.

Guest Digitael

Hi and thank you for the response.

My and me sister completely reinstalled BG2, then the BG2patch, the bg2fixpack, and then Amber 2.5 before we even started playing the game. As soon as Amber joined our party I should not change her gear.

Does it matter who does the quest line? My sister started the quest by talking to the kids in the slums, then I did the form15235 whatever quest (because it kept crashing my game as soon as my sister got the form, so I figured I would try it and then it worked) and then we went to the jail and Amber addressed me with Player 1's name, so we thought this could have been possibly been the problem. But, it was 1 AM and time for bed so we will try loading an older save today to see if it happens again.

We don't seem to have any luck getting the multiplayer Amber working (reinstalled three times so far), the single player Amber worked great though with no problems beside her going ballistic at the end of SoA.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this