Doesn't work.

Guest Feerless

Guest Feerless

I've tried installing this widescreen mod for BGII, but it didn't work the first time. So the second time I did it as suggested in the Vista thread but, yeh, still doesn't work. At all.

Any ideas?

Aha! Well then, you have to run BGConfig BEFORE WSM, else it won't work. As Bigg would say, RTFM. (It *is* in there)

/@ Jarno, Quick Reply is ftw

Icen

Then do I need to re-install?

Did you do everything the Vista thread says;

1) Install the game to other than the Program Files -folder. (example C:\Games\BGII)

2) Disable the read only flag from the 'new' game folder(C:\Games\BGII). Patch the game to v26498.

3) Disable the User Account Control. Start the game 1 time so you can save game/the game auto saves.

Then install the mod. Start and play. And yes, you see the effect taking place from the black surrounding on every screen except the movement one.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Then do I need to re-install?
You need to uninstall the mod, run the BGConfig.exe, start the game once, and then install the Widescreen Mod back, and play.

PS: Edit is better.

Guest Feerless
Did you do everything the Vista thread says;

1) Install the game to other than the Program Files -folder. (example C:\Games\BGII)

2) Disable the read only flag from the 'new' game folder(C:\Games\BGII). Patch the game to v26498.

3) Disable the User Account Control. Start the game 1 time so you can save game/the game auto saves.

Then install the mod. Start and play. And yes, you see the effect taking place from the black surrounding on every screen except the movement one.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

You need to uninstall, run the BGConfig.exe, start the game once, and then install the Widescreen Mod, and play.

Well with this 'read only flag' business, there is no option like that in security. It it 'read' that i have to disable?

How do I disable UAC?

Thanks

Well with this 'read only flag' business, there is no option like that in security. It it 'read' that i have to disable?
It's in the folder options... That is right click the folder and choose the Properties, it's in the Attributes...

How do I disable UAC?
Start menu-> Control Panel-> User Accounts-> Turn User Account Control on or off. And it does require a restart.
Guest Feerless
It's in the folder options... That is right click the folder and choose the Properties, it's in the Attributes...

How do I disable UAC?
Start menu-> Control Panel-> User Accounts-> Turn User Account Control on or off. And it does require a restart.

Thanks! I will try this and report back on how it goes.

Guest Feerless
Aha! Well then, you have to run BGConfig BEFORE WSM, else it won't work. As Bigg would say, RTFM. (It *is* in there)

/@ Jarno, Quick Reply is ftw

Icen

Show me where it says that.

Now i've been trying to deisable this 'Read only' thing but when i go back into properties, it is selected again. No amount of unselecting gets rid of it.
Well, the first time actually is enough. The tick is permanently attached to the &/¤( thing, but it means nothing after the first time. :)

Archived