Mages and Pierce Magic

culmore

Greater Mailsion and emotion are both level 4 so they won't get thru his GoI but as some else suggested Chaos would and does. As you suggest I can run away and close the door but I kind of see this as cheating..

You're right, I didn't consider the GoI. Btw, I didn't suggest closing the door, I suggested retreating in the back of the room.

Could you give us some more details on your party (exp, equipment, etc)?

Greater Mailsion and emotion are both level 4 so they won't get thru his GoI but as some else suggested Chaos would and does. As you suggest I can run away and close the door but I kind of see this as cheating..

You're right, I didn't consider the GoI. Btw, I didn't suggest closing the door, I suggested retreating in the back of the room.

Could you give us some more details on your party (exp, equipment, etc)?

main char is a mage level 13 with most spells level six and below,

Keldorn level 11 he dispels at 1.5x,

Mazzy 12,

Viconia 13 her MR is at 70.

Don't have a horn of blasting not sure what other equipment you have in mind.

Consteer is level 17. So Keldorn's dispel should work 40% of the time? He has three dispels. What happens when I get rid of his spell shield with my mage is he recast them fairly quickly. But I think what your saying should work. Surround him with melee's, dispel and bash the *** out of him. But as yet this has not worked for me but at least I should be able to damage him this way if not kill him.

Anyways I can kill him with the Nishruu or by waiting for the GoI to drop.

Cheers

I think most of what I could say has already been said. But

(i) it's clear I need to make more allowance for nishruus

(ii) a medium-term goal for SCSII is more systematically sensible choices of spells, which should help with (e.g.) remembering to carry Death Spells

(iii) SCSII isn't clever enough to start casting immediately after taking damage (I don't think the engine allows that), but it's nice when one's AI is clever enough to be given the "benefit of the doubt" in such situations!

Archived