Problem with Potions for NPCs -> half unused retrievable

Steve

There seems to be a problem with the component "Potions for NPCs -> About half of all unused potions on dead enemies are retrievable by the party (the rest are assumed to break)" . The breaking versions of potn04, potn05 and potn06 (Giant strength) are called dw#potn04, dw#potn05 and dw#potn06 instead of dw#ptn04, dw#ptn05 and dw#ptn06. The names are in:

ascension/ssl_out/abaz2.baf

ascension/ssl_out/yagaft.baf

fiend/ssl_out/demalu01.baf

fiend/ssl_out/finaluf.baf

genai/potionuse.ssl

genai/ssl_out/dw#melee.baf

genai/ssl_out/dw#ranged.baf

genai/ssl_out/dw#wizardslay.baf

keep/ssl_out/torgal.baf

potion/potion_middle.baf

psionic/ssl_out/dw#githk.baf

psionic/ssl_out/gith01.baf

psionic/ssl_out/gith03.baf

psionic/ssl_out/githcapt.baf

workspace/potion.baf

Also, there is an apparent editing mistake where there is dw#tn52 that should be potn52. These are in potion/potion_middle.baf and workspace/potion.baf.

Yeah,i also think that component doesn't work.At first i thought DavidW made it so potions of healing where retrievable even with it installed but then i started getting other potions as well.It's a minor issue for me though.

Was all this sorted in v8? Or are potions still retrievable even if you chose none are?

(I haven't done extensive testing, but just spawning in a enemy mage, she always drops 1 or 2 healing potions, I cannot tell if this is what she normally has and whether potions are being broken or not - I do give enemies potions, but chose the none are retrievable option).

Yeah,i also think that component doesn't work.At first i thought DavidW made it so potions of healing where retrievable even with it installed but then i started getting other potions as well.It's a minor issue for me though.

Was all this sorted in v8? Or are potions still retrievable even if you chose none are?

(I haven't done extensive testing, but just spawning in a enemy mage, she always drops 1 or 2 healing potions, I cannot tell if this is what she normally has and whether potions are being broken or not - I do give enemies potions, but chose the none are retrievable option).

v8 came out in July... so no, sorry. I haven't tracked this down fully, let alone released a fix.

v8 came out in July... so no, sorry. I haven't tracked this down fully, let alone released a fix.

Can i just ask, does a similar problem exist in SCSI too? Should i skip giving potions to enemies in both SCS, SCSII, or resign myself to the fact that if i do choose that, i will get all that they didn't use up before i killed them regardless of potion retreivable option chosen? (I don't mean that in a complaining sort of manner, just checking my options :worship: ).

Can i just ask, does a similar problem exist in SCSI too? Should i skip giving potions to enemies in both SCS, SCSII, or resign myself to the fact that if i do choose that, i will get all that they didn't use up before i killed them regardless of potion retreivable option chosen?

I *think* I fixed this in SCS when I released v10. But I honestly can't recall for certain.

(I don't mean that in a complaining sort of manner, just checking my options :worship: ).

Complaining would be fair enough, though. The component doesn't seem to do what it's advertised to do; this is very unideal and does need fixing.

Archived