Request for new alteration

Strontium Dog

A while back, I asked if it might be possible to implement a Tactics SCS2-remix of the Tactic's delightful Improved Irenicus component. There is one thing, though, that bothers me. There is a rationale behind the Bhaalspawn being dragged to Hell along with Irenicus once Irenicus dies as the Bhaalspawn's soul is tied to Irenicus, but there is no such logic in the Bhaalspawn's companions being dragged along as well, and to the same afterlife/hell. I think it would make more sense if the Bhaalspawn fought Irenicus alone in the 9 Hells. There is 1 component where he has to sacrifice 1 companion but that could still be implemented, it's just that that character's death would not be apparent until after Irenicus was finally defeated in Hell. What do people think?

Well, it would only shift in a huge 'OMFGWTF?!' in Hell for your player who doesn't really know what they are installing, while metagaming will still be rampant for this. I mean, I play a Mage. Mages can solo Irenicus easily, if they have the best loot. Now, all you would do is make sure your PC has the loot and abilities (spell pick ect) in order to solo, as exp doesn't work well.

Fundamentally, it will add a little immersion and explanation, but detract from the tactical side of things.

What would be interesting, is that if any of your party members died at Suldessanalar, they could join you in the fight.

Icen

And what would you propose the Irenicus to be like in the 9 Hells. A mage that PWNs my fighter because the fighter can't remove the PFMW ever. :thumbsup:

We have to remember that not everyone plays as a Fighter/Mage/Thief-or-Cleric with 300% xp :thumbsup: , and not every class is equal to one another against certain type enemies. Of course if we drag Imoen and/or some other bonded NPCs with the PC to the fight, then the thing is different altogether.

I say keep it as the original game, or use some variant of the Tactics component. Having the player character fight Hell Irenicus alone would either have no effect for solo players, or would be very difficult, maybe even impossible for some classes if the player uses a full party.

A player sometime ago proposed a blend of Tactics and SCS2. I like the idea very much. Here's how I see it:

Round 1: Tactics Irenicus phase 1 (the six fragments)

Autosave and a moment to catch your breath, resurrect party members, etc

Round 2: Irenicus as per SCS2

A player sometime ago proposed a blend of Tactics and SCS2. I like the idea very much. Here's how I see it:

Round 1: Tactics Irenicus phase 1 (the six fragments)

Autosave and a moment to catch your breath, resurrect party members, etc

Round 2: Irenicus as per SCS2

The thing is, there's a bit of a flavour clash between the SCS2 and Tactics versions - Tactics pretty radically shifts the powers of Irenicus, SCS2 basically keeps the original Irenicus (with, admittedly, drastically changed spell choices) and mucks with his AI. I'm not sure a combination would work.

Archived