Two questions (C6 Bodhi, Rogue Rebalancing)

Guest!

Heya David. I'm playing through the game yet another time and I've got a couple questions.

1) When I fought Bodhi in chapter 6 I weakened her by using the holy water on the pool of blood, after that she retreated in one of the side rooms and never came out again until I engaged her after killing all other vampires. Is that intended behavior? It made the fight much easier and felt a bit weird.

2) I love the RR mod but I'm worried about unbalancing the game should I use the new HLAs and the items introduced by the thief store and the CoC encounter. What's your take on that?

I love the RR mod but I'm worried about unbalancing the game should I use the new HLAs and the items introduced by the thief store and the CoC encounter.

FWIW, I've thoroughly tested the RR HLAs with SCSII and found no problems. The only discrepancy is that enemies will always use the old HLA versions (i.e. they won't get RR's revised Evasion nor Danger Sense) which was intentionally done on RR's side in order to prevent compatibility issues with AI enhancing mods which utilize HLAs in their scripts. Also, I'm pretty sure that (thanks to SSL scripting) SCSII takes into account all the items which are introduced by other mods, provided that it's installed after them, so I don't think there will be any problems there either.

Good to know the new HLAs won't cause incompatibilities, though I was more worried about the items being overpowered and possibly screwing with the tactical balance SCS2 tries to infuse in the game. Eg, CoC introduces the Boots of the Fox and another pair of Boots of Speed so one can effectively have his party hasted at al times.

Eg, CoC introduces the Boots of the Fox and another pair of Boots of Speed so one can effectively have his party hasted at al times.

The Boots of the Fox and the Boots of Speed don't actually haste your characters, they merely double their walking speed. The number of attacks per round remains the same as without wearing them, so it shouldn't make much difference.

BTW, as I recall, it's possible to get up to five pairs of the Boots of Speed even in the unmodded game.

I know, it was just an example: the same case could be made for all the strong new items, though doubling a character's speed is the strongest advantage in my mind.

BTW, let me congratulate you on the mod, it's a real gem and one of my all time favs!

I know, it was just an example: the same case could be made for all the strong new items, though doubling a character's speed is the strongest advantage in my mind.

A fair point, however, considering the time when those items are introduced (late Chapter 6) I don't think they should come over as too powerful, but then again, different strokes for different folks and all that. In any case, you can always sell off the items which you might consider as potentially unbalancing. :)

BTW, let me congratulate you on the mod, it's a real gem and one of my all time favs!

Thanks! ;)

Heya David. I'm playing through the game yet another time and I've got a couple questions.

1) When I fought Bodhi in chapter 6 I weakened her by using the holy water on the pool of blood, after that she retreated in one of the side rooms and never came out again until I engaged her after killing all other vampires. Is that intended behavior? It made the fight much easier and felt a bit weird.

It's unintentional, I've no idea why it happened. I'll see if I can replicate it sometime.

2) I love the RR mod but I'm worried about unbalancing the game should I use the new HLAs and the items introduced by the thief store and the CoC encounter. What's your take on that?

No idea - but I think the issue's fairly independent of SCSII. At a rough guess, I'd say that the RR loot won't unbalance the game on its own, although if you had half a dozen mods each of which added loot at that level, things might be different. I'm not commenting from experience, though (I talked my way past Team Cyric.)

Archived