Various Questions

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

1. There's a topic in the SCS II forum which talks about increasing the price asked by Gaylan Baele. I'm wondering what effect Items Revisions Sensible Prices and Effect of Charisma and Reputation on Store Prices will have on the amount of spare money I'm likely to have compared to a non-Items Revisions game. I'm one of those people who likes to do most, if not all, of the available quests in Chapter 2, so could anyone give me an indication of how much money in total I'm likely to accumulate before I leave for Spellhold (with IR installed, naturally), and also how much I'll end up spending to equip my partly so they're buff?

I was thinking about going for 80k or 100k, and was hoping that one of these will be the right amount after I've equipped my party with everything I want to buy. I guess the main thing for me is that I don't hit the target amount and then find that I've still got loads to do in Chapter 2, therefore artifically remaining there to do quests when, realistically, I should be rushing off to save Imoen and/or smite Irenicus. This was my main beef with the unmodded game i.e. I wanted to get the majority of Chapter 2 quests done before I left for Spellhold, but raised the money way before I'd managed to do this. Will a target of 80k allow me to achieve this, or should I go for 100k?

2. There's an old mod called Itm Value Tweaks that I was thinking of using but don't know if I need to with IR installed. Here's some info from the readme:

This mod tweaks the gold values of various items that seemed like they should have been worth more (or less) than the original game gave them. For instance, the Root of the Problem is a fairly decent magical club, and yet in the original games is worth no gold whatsoever. Below you'll find the new values for various items. In most cases, values were adjusted upwards, usually from zero, using similar items as a basis for comparison. In some cases prices were adjusted back to Baldur's Gate I values for sake of player convenience. In one case, value was REDUCED to zero to prevent infinite gold scumming from an item that could be created infinitely.

Arrows: 1 gp

The Root of the Problem: 900 gp

Bolts: 1 gp

History of Shadowdale (BOOK27.ITM): 2 gp

Gesen Bow Shaft: 50 gp

Gesen Bow String: 45 gp

Bullet: 1 gp

Bowstring of Gond: 45 gp

Poisoned Throwing Dagger: 2 gp

Dagger of <CHARNAME>: 300 gp

Dart: 1 gp

Deck of Many Things: 5,000 gp

Mask of King Strohm III: 50 gp

Kuo-Toa Bolt: 3 gp

Book of Infinite Spells: 1,500 gp

Efreeti Bottle: 2,000 gp

Horn of Blasting: 1,000 gp

Horn of Silence: 1,000 gp

Golden Pantaloons: 100 gp

Silver Pantaloons: 80 gp

The Lover's Ring: 10 gp

Shaman's Staff: 85 gp

Harper Pin: 5,000 gp

Planar Stone: 100 gp

Mithril Medallion: 500 gp

Moon Dog Figurine: 2,000 gp

Mantle of Waukeen: 250 gp

Pendant: 1 gp

Light Gem: 100 gp

Mithril Token: 5 gp

Golden Arm and Leg: 500 gp

Golden Torso: 500 gp

Bronze Pantalettes: 60 gp

Jansen Spectroscopes: 250 gp

Jansen Techno-Gloves: 80 gp

Delryn Family Shield: 600 gp

Paralytic Bolt: 3 gp

Cursed Scroll of Ailment: 25 gp

Cursed Scroll of Stupidity: 25 gp

Rogue Stone (SCRL3I.ITM): 1,000 gp

Crom Faeyr Scroll: 200 gp

Sling: 1 gp

Sling +3 (SLNG03.ITM): 1,550 gp

Spear +3, Backbiter: 100 gp

Dart +5 (STARDART.ITM): 0 gp

So should I still use this mod, or does IR take care of the same issues?

3. I can't remember if I asked you this before, but as far as EasyTutu compatibility is concerned, will this mod install on an EasyTutu game, or will I need to wait for v2 or v3 of the mod?

2. There's an old mod called Itm Value Tweaks that I was thinking of using but don't know if I need to with IR installed. Here's some info from the readme:

Keep in mind that an increase in gold costs for items that you find in the world will only end up netting you more money when you decide to pawn them off.

3. I can't remember if I asked you this before, but as far as EasyTutu compatibility is concerned, will this mod install on an EasyTutu game, or will I need to wait for v2 or v3 of the mod?

The main component and masterwork weapons should have no effect on an Tutu install in v1 or v2 and probably should not be installed (we may include an auto-skip for them in v2). All other components should work fine, as they are designed to affect all items in any BG2-engine game.

Archived