Items re-allocation

Demivrgvs

@Salk, don't be surprised, 90% of beta testers don't even report feedback at all. :D Fortunately I have like 70-80 testers and among them some really really helpful ones, but what I'm asking for is a boring and really time consuming task, thus it's fine if nobody is willing to do it.

If nobody else hasn't already silently started this project, I will do it. But I need the newest files, I only have ones from V3 Beta. I have checked both item re-allocation and store revision files and it should be quite easy job, though time consuming, but I have time this weekend.

Your help would be really welcome! I'll send you a PM for V4. :) CrevsDaak kindly offered himself to help with coding BG1 Store Rev, but he cannot do all the job by himself. Kreso is already too busy testing all the stuff and random ideas I throw at him, and my personal to-do list is longer than you can imagine (especially for SR and KR), but I will gladly provide any help I can give.

OK. I already started doing the list.

@F-man Great work! You are Fast-man! ;)

If you think you already got all items I would still have a couple of things to ask if possible:

- add a column for the old allocation

- write down a list of all the shop/vendors with a short description of how Arda coded them (e.g. general store, scroll vendor, fence, fletcher, etc.)

The latter in particular would be really helpful imo, even for coding BG1 Store Rev because we could start from those templates instead of from zero.

@F-man Great work! You are Fast-man! ;)

If you think you already got all items I would still have a couple of things to ask if possible:

- add a column for the old allocation

- write down a list of all the shop/vendors with a short description of how Arda coded them (e.g. general store, scroll vendor, fence, fletcher, etc.)

The latter in particular would be really helpful imo, even for coding BG1 Store Rev because we could start from those templates instead of from zero.

OK. Some items already have the old allocations, I will add them to the rest too. List of shops will also be easy to do.

I've taken the liberty of formatting the main file above, changing a few minuscule mistakes and making it a spread sheet (.xlxs-file). Mainly for ease-of-use, as it's now divided into columns and set with a data filter so you can easily sort by new or old location instead (default sorting by item name).

IR Item Re-allocations and Store Revisions (by F-man)

EDIT: @F-man: the items that for a new location has "???" set, what does that mean? Namely Gauntlets of Dexterity and Gloves of Missile Snaring.

I've taken the liberty of formatting the main file above, changing a few minuscule mistakes and making it a sortable XLS-file. Mainly for ease-of-use, as it's now divided into columns and set with a data filter so you can easily sort by new or old location instead (default sorting by item name).

IR Item Re-allocations and Store Revisions (by F-man)

EDIT: @F-man: the items that for a new location has "???" set, what does that mean? Namely Gauntlets of Dexterity and Gloves of Missile Snaring.

Removed from original location but not yet decided where place it if I'm right.

Also, nice work.

Great work. As a sidenote, I don't really understand why Gauntlets of Dexterity should be re-allocated. If they are, I'd vote putting them on/around thieves somewhere.

Gauntlets of Missile Snaring should definitely get a new location (I don't even understand how one can get them now).

I also think that smugglers in Amketharan (ToB) have too much equipment to sell, I'd rather have some of it either on enemies or WK.

One more thing - at least one of Flail of Ages heads should go to Torgal's inventory. Flail should be reward for killing him, not for looting the area invisible.

One more thing - at least one of Flail of Ages heads should go to Torgal's inventory. Flail should be reward for killing him, not for looting the area invisible.

The Flail is reassembled to fight against Torgal, I find it just annoying that he has the last head. Tactics gave him one head and the remix version in SCS intentionally didn't.

F-man, Dakk thank you guys, that's even more than I was hoping for. Terrific job, both of you.

I think some items are missing though. For example I don't see the Elven Court Bow nor Shuruppak's Plate (I think at some point Arda gave it to Gromnir, where is it now?).

I don't really understand why Gauntlets of Dexterity should be re-allocated. If they are, I'd vote putting them on/around thieves somewhere.

I have no idea why Arda apparently removed the Gauntlets of Dexterity without re-allocating them. o.O We could also put them on Enge, the oriental merchant who now sells Malakar's Companion.

Gauntlets of Missile Snaring should definitely get a new location (I don't even understand how one can get them now).

They were almost impossible to get even in vanilla as far as I remember... Almost any rogue/thief/fence would fit them.

I also think that smugglers in Amketharan (ToB) have too much equipment to sell, I'd rather have some of it either on enemies or WK.

I'm sympathetic to this, as long as some extremely expensive stuff remain there (e.g. Enkidu's Plate). I was thinking to make Shuruppak's Plate a splint mail (we do need a powerful +4 specimen) and give it to Torgal Gromnir (he's wearing a Full Plate in vanilla but he's a Barbarian, isn't he?), but Trollhide Armor could fit him too unless we find an even better candidate.

The Flail is reassembled to fight against Torgal, I find it just annoying that he has the last head. Tactics gave him one head and the remix version in SCS intentionally didn't.

You both have a point. I don't even remember the three locations right now:

- acid: first one? secret are behind the forge?

- cold: ???

- fire: golem room?

I was thinking to make Shuruppak's Plate a splint mail (we do need a powerful +4 specimen) and give it to Torgal (he's wearing a Full Plate in vanilla but he's a Barbarian, isn't he?), but Trollhide Armor could fit him too unless we find an even better candidate.

In vanilla game, Torgal Gromnir (I think your're talking about him, Torgal is a barbarian troll with Cloak of Fear :rolleyes: ) is a fighter. Ascension makes him a barbarian (it suits him) and Randomizer afaik also has an option about that ("make Gromnir a proper barbarian"). I fully agree on Shurrupak being splint he could wear.

Trollhide I'm not sure of, I'd avoid it on Gromnir because you already get one exellent leather-type armor in this battle (Elena Khan or whats his/her name drops Grandmaster).

You both have a point. I don't even remember the three locations right now:

- acid: first one? secret are behind the forge?

- cold: ???

- fire: golem room?

acid- yes

cold - captain of the guard (you can charm him so he gives it over OR kill him so he drops it)

fire - yes, the golem room (can be taken without alerting the golems, unlike other items there)

I'd remove the acid and give it to Torgal (or the pillar behind him) since the room behind the forge already homes an exquisit item (ring of Earth).

F-man, Dakk thank you guys, that's even more than I was hoping for. Terrific job, both of you.

I think some items are missing though. For example I don't see the Elven Court Bow nor Shuruppak's Plate (I think at some point Arda gave it to Gromnir, where is it now?).

I only included items that were mentioned in files in some form. The rest of them are in their original locations in this version. Gromnir has Mithral Field Plate (medium armor) now and Elven Court Bow is still in Nalia's Keep.

Archived