Items re-allocation

Demivrgvs

Where's the :worship: smiley when you need it! Fantastic job man. ;)

As a side note: Wong Fei's Ioun Stone, which is warrior only equipment, is worn by Sendai (Cleric/Mage). It should probably be moved somewhere else.

Indeed...

Took about 7.5 hours, but now it should contain pretty much all somewhat unique items handled by IR.

Some other items that need re-allocation are Rifthome Axe (in the inventory of Fighter/Thief, surely there are someone that could actually use in combat), Paladin Bracers and Crimson Dart (both are powerful items in the first level of WK and it is possible to just collect them, not 100% about Crimson Dart but it is the best Dart and it is easy to get anyway).

EDIT: Some extra additions and corrections to the list.

IR Item Re-allocations and Store Revisions.zip

I wouldn't mess with Wong Fei stone location - I'm fairly sure SCS somewhere mentions the extra HP from it in Sendai's death script. Imo, it's better to make it "usable" by such classes.

Paladin Bracers - agreed. That's a powerful item.

Crimson dart - I'd leave it tbh, it's +3 but it's a dart. And it's convinient to kill trolls.

You didn't mention Foebane, which is (imo) a far better item than both of these two and is available at the same area.

I wouldn't mess with Wong Fei stone location - I'm fairly sure SCS somewhere mentions the extra HP from it in Sendai's death script. Imo, it's better to make it "usable" by such classes.

Paladin Bracers - agreed. That's a powerful item.

Crimson dart - I'd leave it tbh, it's +3 but it's a dart. And it's convinient to kill trolls.

You didn't mention Foebane, which is (imo) a far better item than both of these two and is available at the same area.

Wong Fei - Damn, annoying.

Crimson Dart - It is still the most powerful dart in the game. Have a little respect for darts, especially returning ones, there is one of them in the unmodded game. RR add one extra though and the easy to get Crimson Dart makes it waste of money.

Foebane, Usono's Blade and Staff of Rynn all all powerful +3 weapons on the 1st level of WK but they are wielded by statues that gang up and beat the crap out of low level party.

@Dakk, Good point actually, I do it later today if I have time, otherwise tomorrow. I just use BG2 one as base, remove items that definitely shouldn't be in BG1 and add some that were common in BG2 but still at least quite good in BG1. There aren't that many different items in BG1, so it shouldn't take that many hours.

...remove items that definitely shouldn't be in BG1 and add some that were common in BG2 but still at least quite good in BG1...

This worries me a bit (not that I am not confident you'd do a good job). How are you going to decide which items "shouldn't be in BG1"?

I thought we were talking of reallocation, not purgation.

...remove items that definitely shouldn't be in BG1 and add some that were common in BG2 but still at least quite good in BG1...

This worries me a bit (not that I am not confident you'd do a good job). How are you going to decide which items "shouldn't be in BG1"?

I mean from the listing that now includes most items in the whole trilogy, not items that are now in BG1. I'm removing items like Eye of Tyr which is used to upgrade Holy Avengers on ToB, as well as ToB level artifacts and other +4 and +5 stuff as they are definitely not added to BG1. Removing or even moving items in the game isn't my job, only the listing of items.

Foebane, Usono's Blade and Staff of Rynn all all powerful +3 weapons on the 1st level of WK but they are wielded by statues that gang up and beat the crap out of low level party.

You only need to fight 2 statues for Foebane. Usuno and Rynn are a bit more hard, but Foebane is literally free loot. 2 fighter statues can't really do much against a 9-10 level party. One can use Flame Arrows, Slow, summons, insects, whatever.

Unless Vampiric Wraiths spawn with mephits on WK level 1, Foebane is the easiest and fastest way to get a +4 weapon in the game (I'd dare to say it's quite probably the best 1-handed weapon since it offers both protection and huge damage (+ lifesteal), but tastes differ).

My original idea was to leave it where it is, but tone down the enchantement to a more sensible +3.

Removing or even moving items in the game isn't my job, only the listing of items.

There's something to be said for a man with a mission. Keep up the good work F-man, we're all very much obliged. Also, let me know if you need some wizarding in excel or the like.

Oh and I just noticed you're from Finland! That's doubly impressive then - between Jarno and my ex-girlfriend, I was convinced all Finns were crazy ;)

You only need to fight 2 statues for Foebane. Usuno and Rynn are a bit more hard, but Foebane is literally free loot. 2 fighter statues can't really do much against a 9-10 level party. One can use Flame Arrows, Slow, summons, insects, whatever.

Unless Vampiric Wraiths spawn with mephits on WK level 1, Foebane is the easiest and fastest way to get a +4 weapon in the game (I'd dare to say it's quite probably the best 1-handed weapon since it offers both protection and huge damage (+ lifesteal), but tastes differ).

My original idea was to leave it where it is, but tone down the enchantement to a more sensible +3.

I veto nerfing Foebane! Everyone gets one veto, right? Right!? :O

I mean from the listing that now includes most items in the whole trilogy, not items that are now in BG1. I'm removing items like Eye of Tyr which is used to upgrade Holy Avengers on ToB, as well as ToB level artifacts and other +4 and +5 stuff as they are definitely not added to BG1. Removing or even moving items in the game isn't my job, only the listing of items.

Wait... Let me see if I get this right... You mean that installing the current version of IR made me find such items in the BG1 portion of the game if I play with BGT (which is my intention)?

I veto nerfing Foebane! Everyone gets one veto, right? Right!? :O

Can you give a good reason ? Not that I am opposed to keeping it, or not.

Aanndd, no. A veto powers are only given to good reasons, not to lower life forms. :mwaha:

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, it was you that was the crazy one... :devlook:

Wait... Let me see if I get this right... You mean that installing the current version of IR made me find such items in the BG1 portion of the game if I play with BGT (which is my intention)?

No, I have item list for BG2 that I'm using as base for new item list for BG1 by removing items that are too powerful for BG1 but exist in BG2 and adding more common ones that aren't yet included in the item list. Examples: Foebane removed from the list because it's too powerful for BG1, Short Sword Backstabbing stays in list because it already is in BG1 and Flail of Submissions stays in the list because it could be added to BG1.

And just to be clear: What I do does not effect IR in any way. It is just a tool for those that actually make changes.

Archived