Items re-allocation

Demivrgvs

Flame of the North

The charmed De'Arnise officer (forgot his name) uses mundane two-hander, making the fight much easier if you cast PfNW. But the Frost Reaver axe is also there, unless we assume that Nalia's father was very fond of Icewind Dale.

Of replace FR with Bala and move it to Samia's party in Firkraag's dungeon (one of them has a plain +2 axe).

Bastard Sword +3 vs. Shapeshifters / Lawgiver

What are you placing as Copper Coronet reward instead?
Honestly, I was hoping you'd come up with something, but if not then, hmm, there's homeless (without UB) Taragarth bastard sword, which can be useful for low-level parties.

Robe of Evil Archmage

Have thought about it, couldn't decide - Edwin is already one helluva spellpower. But if you're pro then let's do it.

Adjatha

where were you placing it?
Yarpen has said to give it to mage stronghold hater lord, which I personally agree with. But that leaves Cambion treasureless without Dakkon's sword.

Blade of Roses

If you both say it doesn't belong to Oghma then I suppose it really doesn't. What I don't get, however, and thus am curious about, is why. He has bards and inspiration in portfolio, and charm as a domain :)

Sword of Flame

Just so you know this sword is a scimitar now.
Aye, as I've said I forgot that little detail. After five minutes of torturing the online elf name generator I was actually very proud of myself to find an item matching the name and race perfectly. And then this - a scimitar :lol:

The elf is the girl from Bridge, swapped with the Ikert halfling from Docks. To my knowledge, no mod touches them and even it some does, their dialogs and scripts are kept tied to original area.

Girdle of Bluntness

Isn't this belt easily available in the starting dungeon?
Shame upon me, it is. (Hm, I can swear I saw a palmface emoticon on G3 boards)

Scroll of Protection from Magic

As long as we make it rather expensive you can add one to drow spellmaster too.
Better to Saradush. Do you, however, truly think that's wise to do? That scroll is the ultimate antimagic protection one can get in the entire game.

I actually prefer to simply remove the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength form the Demon Knight and move it elsewhere. The girdle in't even equipped, and good-aligned parties should really avoid this "quest" as it involves a living sacrifice! That's why I've kept only evil-aligned rewards here.
Do you suggest then to move scroll somewhere else?
Speaking of which, can you make the DK effectively equip both Soul Reaver and Death Armor instead of keeping them in the inventory? That would be nasty.
Already did :D
P.S If you want the girdle to be part of Shadow Dragon's loot fine with me, but remember either Crom's scroll or the girdle must be available only post-Spellhold.
Was exactly my reasoning behind just swapping them.

Ring of Invisibility
But it's already available from Mencar's encounter...should I work on its lore to make it non-unique?
1) The Daystar lich and Catti-Brie drop it too, making a total of three rings already

2) Svirfs are known for invisibility and stone tricks

Another solution is to remove RoI from lich and Cattie, and move Ring of Earth Control (it's bonus is arguably the best of the three elemental rings) to svirf store. And, to partially compensate De'Arnise's loss, place there the Air ring - as Ribald is neighboured by Mencar's party with very similar ring in possession. What do you say?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

PS

Regarding Vhailor's Helm and Robe of Larloch I have one big doubt, is the re-allocation compatible with SCS respective components?
Thanks for reminding, your doubts are well founded indeed. There's no big issue with the Helm, it can be moved back even if it would look odd among all the scrolls. But it's not possible to do with Robe without making it available as early as Archmage robes.

Can try to bug David to add an extra check, although it obviously won't work until the next SCS release.

Or do we want to keep the Robe available from the start?

Besides the sellers should only sell to certain reputation groups(at least their special stock), and have their costs be acquainted to the reputation... so Lathanders a healing spell might cost 100gps for a group that has reputation of 18 , ands the same would be for Talos and a group that has reputation of 3...
I would stay away from serious dialog hackery if possible. In fact, I'm already in doubts if I actually should have gone as far as moving Joluv and Yuth (and the elf/Ikert swap).
Yarpen has said to give it to mage stronghold hater lord, which I personally agree with. But that leaves Cambion treasureless without Dakkon's sword.

I've never said anything like that :) And even more, I've begged not to do that because if my character isn't a wizard I'll loose fine magebane item. And you know that I do hate wizards.

He has bards and inspiration in portfolio, and charm as a domain

Bards as storytellers, keepers of local wisdom - not lovers and inspiration guys. Charm is there because Oghma is god of smart people, smart people know how to bend other's minds.

Flame of the North

The charmed De'Arnise officer (forgot his name) uses mundane two-hander, making the fight much easier if you cast PfNW. But the Frost Reaver axe is also there, unless we assume that Nalia's father was very fond of Icewind Dale.

Of replace FR with Bala and move it to Samia's party in Firkraag's dungeon (one of them has a plain +2 axe).

Glaicus would indeed make good use of it, and I don't remember many other two-handers "boss-like" opponents. I may also suggest the leader of the Fallen Paladins, Anarg, or perhaps Tazok is even better. :D

Regarding Bala's Axe I wouldn't swap it with Frostreaver for two reasons:

- try to not re-allocate too many items when it is not necessary

- Bala's Axe is available in BG1 too, thus within BG2 it should be in a store of the city (as I suppose Irenicus sold your equipment which for an archmage like him is rather uselsess) or somewhere around, but not within De'Arnise's treasures.

What are you placing as Copper Coronet reward instead?
Honestly, I was hoping you'd come up with something, but if not then, hmm, there's homeless (without UB) Taragarth bastard sword, which can be useful for low-level parties.
Well, I haven't actively worked on Taragarth but if you want a suggestion of mine I may suggest a simple Golden Girdle (unused in BG2 without UB if I'm not wrong).

I don't think it suits as reward here...but I think you should move the Horn of Valhalla as it's silly to have half the party rob a random empty house for it. Perhaps it could be a nasty item for the fighter stronghold. Ironically rangers get the Moon Dog Figurine with their stronghold and druids get the Golden Lion Figurine, which are very similar items (though not upgradeable).

Robe of Evil Archmage

Have thought about it, couldn't decide - Edwin is already one helluva spellpower. But if you're pro then let's do it.
Mmm...it would actually be appropriate, but as you say Edwin is already a powerhouse, and having such a powerful item "for free" remove the "accomplishment" feeling of getting it in-game.

Adjatha

where were you placing it?
Keep Dak'kon disabled for now, and leave Adjatha where it is now.

Girdle of Frost Giant Strength

I actually prefer to simply remove the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength form the Demon Knight and move it elsewhere. The girdle in't even equipped, and good-aligned parties should really avoid this "quest" as it involves a living sacrifice! That's why I've kept only evil-aligned rewards here.
Do you suggest then to move scroll somewhere else?
I've not a good suggestion in mind right now...

Soul Reaver & Death Armor

Speaking of which, can you make the DK effectively equip both Soul Reaver and Death Armor instead of keeping them in the inventory? That would be nasty.
Already did :)
:)

Ring of Invisibility

But it's already available from Mencar's encounter...should I work on its lore to make it non-unique?
1) The Daystar lich and Catti-Brie drop it too, making a total of three rings already

2) Svirfs are known for invisibility and stone tricks

Another solution is to remove RoI from lich and Cattie, and move Ring of Earth Control (it's bonus is arguably the best of the three elemental rings) to svirf store. And, to partially compensate De'Arnise's loss, place there the Air ring - as Ribald is neighboured by Mencar's party with very similar ring in possession. What do you say?

I'll see if I can slightly change its lore to make it semi-unique...though I don't think it's a good idea to have tons of Ring of Invisibility around.

I'm not too much convinced about moving the Ring of Earth Control simply to replace it with another one. If you really want to move the Ring of Air it may suit the druid-like store.

P.S Ring of Air Control won't be similar to Ring of Invisibility anymore, as II is replaced by Gaseous form. ;)

Vhailor's Helm & Robe of Larloch

Regarding Vhailor's Helm and Robe of Larloch I have one big doubt, is the re-allocation compatible with SCS respective components?
Thanks for reminding, your doubts are well founded indeed. There's no big issue with the Helm, it can be moved back even if it would look odd among all the scrolls. But it's not possible to do with Robe without making it available as early as Archmage robes.

Can try to bug David to add an extra check, although it obviously won't work until the next SCS release.

Or do we want to keep the Robe available from the start?

Vhailor's Helm probably needs to remain where it is for now, because SCS grant Gromnir a custom script too when it is assigned to him.

Robe ol Larloch instead may be moved as per SCS imo, as I don't think Azamantes get a different script when he (or it) wears the robe. Can you look into it?

Anyway the Robe of Larloch within IR has a base value of 20000gp, which means players would need 30000gp or more to buy it (which without vanilla's 50% discount for reputation may indeed harm player's finances). Not that I like it to be around SoA (not at all) but at least it would be far from cheap.

P.P.S Oghma's temple can live with only the Glasses of Identification imo, Loorekeepers shouldn't be focused on weapons and armors...let them sell potions, scrolls, or similar things that may actually remind that Oghma is the Lord of Knowledge and Invention. Let them identify items at a lower price for example. ;)

Flame of the North

If memory serves, Tazok was more a pushover than a decent opponent, and he had some henchmen, so a sword wouldn't affect the fight much. Probably the same for Anarg.

I may suggest a simple Golden Girdle (unused in BG2 without UB if I'm not wrong).
Solamnic knights hand over that girdle if sent home. In vanilla game it is a part of mage stronghold, and Questpack adds an option to allow every class to buy them a ticket.

Do you think Bala's Axe is too powerful to be offered for almost free?

Ring of Invisibility

If you really want to move the Ring of Air it may suit the druid-like store.
Nope, I simply thought to keep it away from RoI and/or compensate for the keep's loss. Although the Flame of North can do the latter just as fine.

The Ring of Earth, otoh, imo would be way better off away in svirf's village, both because of it's properties and the changes you did to Amulet of Shield (two pieces of jewelry with good tanking bonuses in one place).

SCS doesn't check for items to be present in store. If the appropriate component is installed then Gromnir will get new script and helm whether or not it was present in store. If it was moved from there and therefore can't be destroyed by SCS's code then there'll be two copies. Same for Azamantes.

In addition, these items shouldn't be moved to SCS's locations, as atm it will yield two copies anyway.

The choice then is whether to keep them where they initally were or to remove completely.

Horn of Valhalla

I think you should move the Horn of Valhalla as it's silly to have half the party rob a random empty house for it. Perhaps it could be a nasty item for the fighter stronghold. Ironically rangers get the Moon Dog Figurine with their stronghold and druids get the Golden Lion Figurine, which are very similar items (though not upgradeable).
Sounds good.

P.P.S Oghma's temple can live with only the Glasses of Identification imo, Loorekeepers shouldn't be focused on weapons and armors...let them sell potions, scrolls, or similar things that may actually remind that Oghma is the Lord of Knowledge and Invention. Let them identify items at a lower price for example.
:)

Robe of Evil Archmage

Robe of Evil Archmage would be quite fine for Tolgieras.
Maybe instead the lich in Ust Natha?
I like what you guys did, but would like to mention that the robe of the good archmage is used in xan npc component. With a dialogue with the merchant i Trademeet...
Aside from inconsistency, there should be no incompatibilities. Dialog will create a robe on it's own, it has no ties to whatever is in merchant's possession. As far as I know, there's no scripting command at all able to affect a store. For the bad or for the good.

Flame of the North

If memory serves, Tazok was more a pushover than a decent opponent, and he had some henchmen, so a sword wouldn't affect the fight much. Probably the same for Anarg.
I thought Anarg was at least e decent fight with SCS, but I may be wrong considering in my current game (on hold for a month) I haven't tried it and the previous game was ages ago. If Glaicus is the best choice to make a tough fight even more tough go for it.

I may suggest a simple Golden Girdle (unused in BG2 without UB if I'm not wrong).
Solamnic knights hand over that girdle if sent home. In vanilla game it is a part of mage stronghold, and Questpack adds an option to allow every class to buy them a ticket.

Do you think Bala's Axe is too powerful to be offered for almost free?

I think this axe is actually much more powerful than it may seem, and having it granted after the the first part of one of the earliest and easiest quests of the game isn't a great choice.

SCS doesn't check for items to be present in store. If the appropriate component is installed then Gromnir will get new script and helm whether or not it was present in store. If it was moved from there and therefore can't be destroyed by SCS's code then there'll be two copies. Same for Azamantes.

In addition, these items shouldn't be moved to SCS's locations, as atm it will yield two copies anyway.

The choice then is whether to keep them where they initally were or to remove completely.

I don't know if David is going to update SCS anytime soon, but we may ask him to add a check for IR (this component in particular because I think Mike would prefer to keep it optional). Without the check I think the best solution is to keep them where they were, as per v2.

Robe of Evil Archmage

Robe of Evil Archmage would be quite fine for Tolgieras.
Maybe instead the lich in Ust Natha?
On one hand I do like yarpen's suggestion to make Tolgerias more powerful, otoh this robe is 15000gp worth which means 5000gp for all good aligned parties who may even face him relatively soon. Would that be a problem? If we go in this way I may take into consideration to lower its value a little...
On one hand I do like yarpen's suggestion to make Tolgerias more powerful, otoh this robe is 15000gp worth which means 5000gp for all good aligned parties who may even face him relatively soon. Would that be a problem? If we go in this way I may take into consideration to lower its value a little...

Still think, powerfull and rich wizards who don't have such an robe? Tolgieras is a sort of important guy in cowled wizards corp. so that's a bit strange. Also most of wizards should get some scrolls :)

What about adding scroll of Protection from Magic to this mage-hater from wizard's stronghold?

Ok.

Spell scrolls

Also most of wizards should get some scrolls
Agreed.

Ammo loot

Following the initial idea of making fletchers a 'place you really want to visit'. Do you think there should be less ammo (only 5-10 per stack) available in containers? SCS has similar component, except it kills ammo stacks outright, which I personally don't agree with.

Protection from Magic

With SCS component allowing it to be taken down I see no issue with adding 2-4 more scrolls, since their main advantage - 100% spell invincibility - vanishes, because demiliches and most of wizards worthy of PfM scroll know Spellstrike. But otherwise I think more than two is too many. Speaking of which, IR seems to lower the price from 2000 to 1500. Shouldn't it go higher instead, say 3000?

Mind you, I normally don't use PfM scrolls, exactly due to their cheap overpowering effect, so you intend to tweak them as per SCS I say go for it. Can do myself, too.

Mage-hater, drow spellmaster sound good. I'd add Lazarus too then.

Spell scrolls

Also most of wizards should get some scrolls
Agreed.
Me too, though I think SCS should do it imo, as it could handle it much better.

Ammo loot

Following the initial idea of making fletchers a 'place you really want to visit'. Do you think there should be less ammo (only 5-10 per stack) available in containers? SCS has similar component, except it kills ammo stacks outright, which I personally don't agree with.
As usual, I agree with you.

Protection from Magic

With SCS component allowing it to be taken down I see no issue with adding 2-4 more scrolls, since their main advantage - 100% spell invincibility - vanishes, because demiliches and most of wizards worthy of PfM scroll know Spellstrike. But otherwise I think more than two is too many. Speaking of which, IR seems to lower the price from 2000 to 1500. Shouldn't it go higher instead, say 3000?
I lowered it because IR removes the 50% discount for high reputation, but yes...I'll raise it again because this scroll is pratically a 9th lvl spell usable by any class.

Mind you, I normally don't use PfM scrolls, exactly due to their cheap overpowering effect, so you intend to tweak them as per SCS I say go for it. Can do myself, too.
If we don't clash with SCS (as I don't know right now how SCS detects the scroll) we may include the change too yes.

How can it be removable by Spellstrike but not by RRoR and Pierce Shield? :)

On second thought: what about some additional evil rewards? There are some items with potential for being evil and vicious, so... grant them to some good characters which needs to be slayed with best example of Hendak. He's one of the best gladiators, so he should posess good magic weapon. Also, halfling who's giving you a quest for poisoning druids grove deserves something fine as a reward for completing his quest. Maybe something additional from Tolgieras which is unavailable for Valygar-lovers (isn't available when you're killing him in Sphere). Don't mention special Bodhi quests. And something for Saerk Fahrd (from Anomen's quest bad option).

The charmed De'Arnise officer

Pb is that good aligned party can charm this warrior again instead of kill him. .

I remenber fighting a tough warrior in shadow master stronghold (but with rogue rebalancing mod installed so maybe he's not present in vanilla).

But yes, sad tazok is a bit weak : low HP considering his stats, no grandmastery in 2HS, no kit, no extra abilities, special script, helmet, pitiable ally etc...

Archived