Unofficial hotfix for v9

Taimon

Hear hear, ofcourse, easy TuTu, my override has all item and cre files converted into TuTu forms which starts with '_', but somehow _potn52 was not there, (all other potions were converted and there) I am not sure why? I think I have fixed my problem, but wanted to have a professional's opinion on this one.

There's no POTN52 in BG1, and so no _POTN52 in Tutu.

Open up a terminal (console), navigate to your game directory, and type "chmod -R 0777 scs". This should recursively set all permissions in the scs directory. (Do this after you unpacked the hotfix.)

Alternatively, I could reupload the hotfix with all permissions set.

Hey there, sorry for the long reply. I've been down in Melbourne the past while. Anyway I did as you suggested and got this error message:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [_potn52.itm] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: [scs/potion/potions.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [_potn52.itm] not found for 'COPY'"))

ERROR Installing [All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 23 files for [sETUP-SCS.TP2] component 5020.

Uninstalled 23 files for [sETUP-SCS.TP2] component 5020.

ERROR: Failure("resource [_potn52.itm] not found for 'COPY'")

PLEASE email the file SETUP-SCS.DEBUG to david.wallace@magd.ox.ac.uk

Using Language [English]

Perhaps if it's not to much trouble could you try uploading it with all the permissions already set?

@Mike1702

Really? But it is a potion of extra healing, vanilla BG1 or TuTu does not have it, true, but SCS most definitely adds potions of extra healing to the game via 'reintroduce potions of extra healing' component, IIRC.

@MrHell

^Wow that was exactly the same error message I got, MrHell!

It says about not finding _potn52.itm again! But you say there are no potn52s in game..so why does this thing keep giving this error?

On a side note, I had the vanilla SCS V9 installed, but uninstalled it due to bugs. Then applied your fix and tried to reinstall and got that error message when trying to install potions for NPCs component. Maybe it is about the 'reintroduce potions of extra healing' component of the old SCS and it causes a problem somehow? Or is it a typo somewhere? Or our games got crazy from so many mods and all, lol.

Oo great, thank you! :) Thank you for your answers and ofcourse, making such a nice fix pack...the original SCS (sadly) is so bugged it totally ruined my game, I could not get past Cloakwood forest because I was so annoyed by weird things happening:NPCs dropping infinite potions of extra healing and thus becoming mighty immortal, druids summoning woodland being dryads who do nothing and stay neutral etc...was rather annoying and frustrating as the mod itself is the best mod for TuTu so far! Hopefully there would be no such instances now...if only I had the time to start a new game. (my exams are coming, uh oh!) so that will have to wait. ;)

As always, I'm extremely grateful to people who supply unofficial fixes during periods when I'm too busy with RL to do official re-releases. I'll try to work this lot into the next release.

& can someone explain to me what the WEIDU 208 problem is?

ADD_CRE_ITEM and REPLACE_CRE_ITEM have had problems with CREs where the structures (spells, items, itemslots, effects) are not in the default ordering. It's fixed in v209.

I should be able to comment on any of the fixes, so shoot if something is unclear.

By the way, I was wondering what the point of the Detectable Items component is, since the macro to build the autolib gets already called in Detectable Spells.

ADD_CRE_ITEM and REPLACE_CRE_ITEM have had problems with CREs where the structures (spells, items, itemslots, effects) are not in the default ordering. It's fixed in v209.

I should be able to comment on any of the fixes, so shoot if something is unclear.

By the way, I was wondering what the point of the Detectable Items component is, since the macro to build the autolib gets already called in Detectable Spells.

The working theory is "idiot bug". (In hindsight, getting a major revamp of SCS done just before going out of contact was fairly stupid.) The line to call the autolib should have been omitted from the DS component.

I hope I have fixed the More Consistent Breach Spell component for SCS/SCSII.

I have changed the macro ~modify_breach~ in spell\spell.tph.

Current code:

DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO ~modify_breach~ BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~wand18.itm~ ~override~
	READ_LONG 0x64 ~ab_off~
	READ_SHORT 0x68 ~num_ab~
	READ_LONG 0x6a ~eff_off~
	FOR (i=0;i<~%num_ab%~;i=i+1) BEGIN
		READ_ASCII 0x4+~%i%~*0x38+~%ab_off%~ ~icon~
		PATCH_IF ~%icon%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~SPWI513B~ THEN BEGIN
			READ_SHORT 0x20+~%i%~*0x38+~%ab_off%~ ~eff_ind~
			READ_SHORT 0x22+~%i%~*0x38+~%ab_off%~ ~eff_num~
			FOR(j=0;j<~%eff_num%~;j=j+1) BEGIN
				WRITE_BYTE 0x3+~%j%~*0x30+~%eff_ind%~*0x30+~%eff_off%~ 9
			END
		END
	END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

END

Updated code:

DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO ~modify_breach~ BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~wand18.itm~ ~override~
	READ_LONG 0x64 ~ab_off~
	READ_SHORT 0x68 ~num_ab~
	READ_LONG 0x6a ~eff_off~
	FOR (i=0;i<~%num_ab%~;i=i+1) BEGIN
		READ_ASCII 0x4+~%i%~*0x38+~%ab_off%~ ~icon~
		PATCH_IF ~%icon%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~SPWI513B~ THEN BEGIN
			READ_SHORT 0x1e+~%i%~*0x38+~%ab_off%~ ~eff_num~
			READ_SHORT 0x20+~%i%~*0x38+~%ab_off%~ ~eff_off2~
			FOR(j=0;j<~%eff_num%~;j=j+1) BEGIN
				WRITE_BYTE ~%eff_off%~+0x3+(~%j%~+~%eff_off2%~)*0x30 9
			END
		END
	END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

END

Dear modding gurus, please confirm this is correct (at least for now it returns the required result for wand18.itm :()

Dear modding gurus, please confirm this is correct (at least for now it returns the required result for wand18.itm :()

It looks fine to me. (Nitpick: I would suggest renaming 'eff_off2' so that it refers to an index instead of an offset, so that its purpose is more clear.)

It looks fine to me. (Nitpick: I would suggest renaming 'eff_off2' so that it refers to an index instead of an offset, so that its purpose is more clear.)

I have a nasty feeling that the wand18 issue is more systematic than this: the alternative version of the wand casts the spell rather than having it as an effect. But I could be wrong.

I have a nasty feeling that the wand18 issue is more systematic than this: the alternative version of the wand casts the spell rather than having it as an effect. But I could be wrong.

Ah, you're right - it won't do what it's supposed to in that case - but at least it shouldn't fail.

I'll have to ask Demi why our wand18 casts a spell other than spwi513 (we're using wand18a), but for IR compatibility in the meantime, you can add this to the modify_breach macro:

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~wand18a.spl~) BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~wand18a.spl~ ~override~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x27 0 // secondary type - setting it to MagicAttack is what lets it bypass ST
	WRITE_SHORT 0x25 1 // school - if secondary type isn't MagicAttack, Breach won't penetrate SI: Abjuration
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

OUTER_SPRINT ~spellname~ ~wand18a~
OUTER_SET ~newlevel~=9
LAUNCH_ACTION_MACRO ~change_spell_level~
END

Potion issue should be fixed in the update I did yesterday.

MrHell:

Please redownload and retry.

Alright so just to clarify, I download the original scs v9 and put in my bg2 directory, then I download scs9 hotfix and replace the tp2 file in my bg2 directory, and then put the contents of each hotfix folder into the corresponding folder in the scs9 folder. Then I move the scsfix.diif into the scs folder? I'm sure I must be doing something wrong

Input file is scs/mage/dw#mage.ssl

attempting to open file scs/mage/mage_definitions.ssl ...successful!

attempting to open file scs/mage/magesetup.ssl ...successful!

attempting to open file scs/mage/generalblocks/rest.ssl ...successful!

attempting to open file scs/mage/generalblocks/findhidden.ssl ...successful!

attempting to open file scs/mage/generalblocks/gohostile.ssl ...successful!

FATAL ERROR (SSL cannot find file requested [scs/mage/prepblocks/instantprep.ssl] at line 760) at scs/ssl/ssl.pl line 898.

attempting to open file scs/mage/prepblocks/instantprep.ssl ...Copying 1 file ...

ERROR: error loading [scs/mage/ssl_out/dw#mage.baf]

ERROR Installing [Mages use spells from BG1 and BG2; mages do not pre-buff], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 18 files for [sETUP-SCS.TP2] component 5031.

Uninstalled 18 files for [sETUP-SCS.TP2] component 5031.

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "scs/mage/ssl_out/dw#mage.baf")

PLEASE email the file SETUP-SCS.DEBUG to david.wallace@magd.ox.ac.uk

Using Language [English]

You don't need the diff.

And your archiver doesn't seem to keep the permissions in the zip archive.

Did you try the chmod line I gave you above?

(Or maybe you have an alternative archiver program that you could use.)

Oh, and you should be able to simple extract the archive to the BG2 directory. It will override the existing files.

Archived