Unofficial hotfix for v9

Taimon

Just shows that we care about your work. Thank you.

Noticed two typos while glancing over the diff:

• mage.tph (l. 590): spwi408 -> spwi206
  • potions.2da (l. 20): potn28 -> potn42

And two things that are in the hotfix but not in v10:

• handling of deathvars with more than 8 characters (genai.tph, mage.tph, nochunk.tph, potion.tph, priest.tph)
  • changes to the hobgoblin scripts in help.tph

Noticed two typos while glancing over the diff:

• mage.tph (l. 590): spwi408 -> spwi206
  • potions.2da (l. 20): potn28 -> potn42

Thanks - since I've only just released, I've just done a "silent update" to fix those.

handling of deathvars with more than 8 characters (genai.tph, mage.tph, nochunk.tph, potion.tph, priest.tph)

I probably should have done that in principle. Are there any?

changes to the hobgoblin scripts in help.tph

I was reluctant to do this until I'd heard of concrete situations where my cruder solution was causing trouble. But I could believe I've missed some.

handling of deathvars with more than 8 characters (genai.tph, mage.tph, nochunk.tph, potion.tph, priest.tph)

From the vanilla NPC, I believe Haer'Dalis has a long deathvar. And there an some difficult to pronounce NPCs from DSotSC which use more than 8 chars.

I was reluctant to do this until I'd heard of concrete situations where my cruder solution was causing trouble. But I could believe I've missed some.

Not sure if we talk about the same thing. I was refering to the messengers turning hostile issue and I don't see anything related to it in v10.

(I reworked the fix for v9, so use the one from the hotfix, if you want to include it.)

From the vanilla NPC, I believe Haer'Dalis has a long deathvar. And there an some difficult to pronounce NPCs from DSotSC which use more than 8 chars.

Not sure if we talk about the same thing. I was refering to the messengers turning hostile issue and I don't see anything related to it in v10.

(I reworked the fix for v9, so use the one from the hotfix, if you want to include it.)

Thanks, will consider. (As always, my testing environment isn't very responsive to issues that SCS causes in the BG2 part of BGT, so things like the Haer'dalis can slip through.)

Archived