Issue with some spells

Guest kthxbye

Guest kthxbye

Hi @ all, I had problems with a few spells lately.

First of all, my config: I had BGT:weidu installed (so BG1+TosC+BG2+ToB+required official patches) and NOTHING else (so, no BG2-fixpack). I'm posting here as per the suggestion of Ascension64 of the BGT forums, in order to address the bug I experienced.

The problems: I noticed that the spell Minor Spell Turning did not return the spells cast at the user, but it suppressed them instead without ending after the 4th spell level "absorbed". I noticed also that Death Spell did not check properly the HD of npcs, having killed a lvl 11 Yoshimo without saving throw (while lvl 8 and higher npcs should be immune to Death Spell, as per description). Death Ward did not protect the user from damage caused by Inflict Wounds spells (but I don't know if Death Ward should give protection from necromancy spells or only from the instant death spells).

I noticed an odd behavior with some other spells, but I didn't pay attention to it since I was at a very low level and just thought that my party wasn't ready for the enemy yet.

As of now I managed to make Spell Turning work by reinstalling the whole lot while making some tests.

Here the results, from the topic I made on the BGT forums:

BG2 (no patch) worked fine, Lesser Spell Turning worked as expected, with both returned damage and animation.

BG2+ToB (no patch) didn't work, Lesser Spell Turning worked as I described above.

I then tried to launch BG2+ToB (no patch) in Win2000 compatibility mode: Lesser Spell Turning worked as expected, just without the protection animation (no "mirror" to protect the caster, but the returning spell animation did show).

BG2+ToB (patched) seems to work only after having launched the game in compatibility mode once (launched normal, didn't work; launched in Win2000 compatibility mode, worked; launched normal after that, worked).

I finally installed BGT-weidu 1.07 (in order to be able to launch a new BG2 game) and Lesser Spell Turning worked fine (without the "mirror" animation), both in a new BG1 game and in a new BG2:SoU game.

I didn't have to install the BG2 Fix.

I could test only the Lesser Spell Turning spell, but I think the same applies to all other spell problems. If not, I will post again, just for the information in case someone is interested.

Prior to starting a new game I removed BGT 1.07, installed the latest BG2-fixpack and reinstalled BGT 1.07, but I already did not experience that bug anymore, so I can't tell if BG2-fixpack fixes it or not.

Always from the BGT topic, my weidu.log from the bugged installation:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.06

Here the link to the BGT topic, if useful: http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=37848

Please excuse me for my English.. :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance for any explanation or advice, and hope that my post will be useful for your work.

Archived