Sign in to follow this  
LadeJarl

Atari talks of more BG and more NWN!

Knowing how things go, though, they may then use 4th Edition...and I don't know that I would care.

Note that I'm not talking about the rules themselves (though those take getting used to), but they changes Wizards/Hasbro made in the Forgotten Realms with 4th Edition...doesn't sit well with me.

Heh, and what can I say, I was also glad to get a little news on the retail side of things for Sam and Max, Season 2.

Also, BG is *FINISHED*! It *ended* with ToB. If there is a BGIII, it would only be a spinoff made to cash in on the title. (What good that still has. I mean, it is a good game, but there aren't huge amounts of people willing to buy the game simply because it is BGIII)

Icen

A Turn-Based (without all the glitches from RT/TB hybrid mode) BG remake that would use rules from Player's Option: Combat & Tactics and additional character development rules, less linearity, stat/skill checks in dialogues and more descriptions would be awesome.

Called attacks, critical hits, parrying, pole arms, nets, and all the stuff like that :thumbsup: .

Well, it's not necessasrily over for the the BG series. For example, they could write the prequel. Set it a generation before the BG game. Gorion is the questgiver. He and the Harpers are trying to figure out what's afoot with Bhaal's Deathstalker priests. It's the story of how Bhaal's plot to resurrect himself is uncovered.

I guess otherwise they could simply create an entirely new adventure that features the city of Baldur's Gate.

IF they do anything, it's not going to be until 2010 at the earliest.

I'm not to sure how interested people would be in a prequel. And we all know how Star Wars I-III turned out. :thumbsup:

Sometimes you just can't improve on the original.

No one cares. It ended in ToB. 4E sucks and not many would buy it if it was made. Atari and WotC just suck.

Gorion is the questgiver. He and the Harpers are trying to figure out what's afoot with Bhaal's Deathstalker priests. It's the story of how Bhaal's plot to resurrect himself is uncovered.
Not too bad, actually. Provided one can side with bhaalites and kill more harpers (aye, Jaheira, your mother won't live on to give you a birth, so you won't trouble Charname anylonger)))

No one cares. It ended in ToB. 4E sucks and not many would buy it if it was made. Atari and WotC just suck.

The 4E Realms sucks more than 4E itself. The Spellplague, the "soap" like demise of Helm, Halruua blowing up. :thumbsup:

The whole Spellplague is stupid. I don't acknowledge any of the events in 4E and refuse to by any more of the Forgotten Realms books that deals with 4E.

I am afraid, I find it impossible to care.

For example, they could write the prequel. Set it a generation before the BG game. Gorion is the questgiver. He and the Harpers are trying to figure out what's afoot with Bhaal's Deathstalker priests. It's the story of how Bhaal's plot to resurrect himself is uncovered.

Heh, great minds... that's what I am doing only from the Deastalkers side of things for the Deathstalker. :thumbsup:

Edited by Domi

IIRC Baldur's Gate was originally intended to be series of separate stories based around the city of Baldur's Gate?

I suppose I'm just about the only one who found the 'old' Realms overly filled with former adventurer bartenders (Level 15 Fighter, CG), uber powerful mages and Chosen (I'm looking at you, El) running rampant, and more convoluted, overly complicated history than you could shake a stick at?

If I didn't like brewing up my own stuff so much, I'd actually consider running a game in the new FR. I'd definitely play in one, without fear of lacking the lore to play a good character.

As for a new BG... as long as they do it justice (unlike the console rip-offs which had BG in their name because that's the only BG related titles they were allowed to publish) and come up with a good story, I'd be willing to give it a try. Rather than a prequel, I'd like 'after the End' style: you feel the consequences of the Bhaalspawn war, meet up with some old favourites, and see what's happened. Less chance of a screwup, IMO, than going into prequel mode, and more interesting possibilities.

Edited by Lord Ernie

Yes, but by that same argument, how would you know what happens at the end of ToB, would <CHARNAME> have ascended or not? Would you have killed Saemon, killed Balthazar?

There are far too many variables to port to a new game, without screwing up past choices. IE, lots of people got annoyed at BGII's default party for BG1.

It would make more sense to make a mod as an ending than a new game imo, so the variables are easily transferred.

Icen

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this