Spell50 and Spell_rev combination desired

Strontium Dog

I'm well aware that the Spell revisions mod and the Spell50 mod are considered incompatible in their goals, but there are some aspects I like about both. With both installed in a BWP-install, there are, thankfully, still several Spell_rev-modified spells which remain, but I still want to put some other spell-rev spell-code-files into the Override folder, as I presume that will overwrite the previous ones inserted via the spell50 mod. The trouble is that I'm a bit technologically illiterate and am not really sure which files I need to put into the override folder other than the specific code-numbered files(eg:- spwi125 for the sleep spell). Anyway, the spell-rev files I want to replace the spell50 spell-files with are:- sleep,

Well, ./spell_rev/spwi##/spwi125.spl is the spell you are looking for.

And, as far as I know, Spell50 patches everything, so SR's changes are still valid.

Icen

Sorry, I got caught out, I'm at an Internet cafe and couldn't use my flash-drive until I changed PCs.Here are the other spells:-

(priest spells)

Symbol, Fear (SPPR706.SPL) : last level was 21, delta 3

Symbol, Stun (SPPR718.SPL) : last level was 21, delta 3

(mage spells):-

Carrion Summons (SPWI623.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Chain Lightning (SPWI615.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 2

Conjure Air Elemental (SPWI621.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Conjure Earth Elemental (SPWI622.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Conjure Fire Elemental (SPWI620.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Conjure Lesser Air Elemental (SPWI520.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Conjure Lesser Earth Elemental (SPWI521.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Conjure Lesser Fire Elemental (SPWI516.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

(I'm not sure whether spell-rev nerfs the elementals or enhances them, which is it?

Energy Blades (SPWI920.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1(spell-rev doesn't ignore magic resistance which is more3 appropriate)

Incendiary Cloud (SPWI810.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Sleep (SPWI116.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1(that's strange, why would the sleep spell have a different title for the spell50 mod than the spell-rev version? That makes no sense(or did we get the codes mixed up with the spook spell?)

Spook (SPWI125.SPL) : last level was 12, delta 2

Summon Djinni (SPWI718.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Summon Efreeti (SPWI717.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Summon Hakeashar (SPWI719.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Summon Nishruu (SPWI624.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

(not sure whether spell-rev nerfs or enhances those genies/hakeashars.

Symbol, Fear (SPWI899.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Symbol, Stun (SPWI898.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

Wyvern Call (SPWI619.SPL) : last level was 20, delta 1

(I think spell50 has wyvern call as only 1 round/level whereas spell-rev has wyvern call at 1 turn per level?)

Anyway, my point is do I simply find the relevant spell-code files(which folder within spell-rev, just to be sure?) and copy them over to the override folder, or are there other BAM or BAF files or whatever that I must copy over as well? Thanks a lot!!!

Anyway, my point is do I simply find the relevant spell-code files(which folder within spell-rev, just to be sure?) and copy them over to the override folder, or are there other BAM or BAF files or whatever that I must copy over as well? Thanks a lot!!!

It would more advisable to modify SR's .tp2 file to simply skip the spells you do not wish to install (and then install SR on top of Spell50). Aside from all of the .itm/.eff/.cre/etc. files you might be missing with your method, you'd noticeably not have the proper spell descriptions.

It would more advisable to modify SR's .tp2 file to simply skip the spells you do not wish to install (and then install SR on top of Spell50). Aside from all of the .itm/.eff/.cre/etc. files you might be missing with your method, you'd noticeably not have the proper spell descriptions.

I agree. The only trouble is that the bwp guide states that the spell-rev mod should be installed very early on in the install. That may just be to avoid conflicts with the spell50 mod and the spell-pack mod(I also install a few components from that mod) - the only danger is if there's another reason for installing it much earlier - I thinkthere may be as the spell-rev mod alters a few creatures like the genies, and the scs2 mod , later on in BWP-install, alters the genies to instant-cast their spells etc.(at leats that's the component I also want to install). And, I either am forced to install the spell-rev before the spell50 mod, or after the whole Big World Project installation has finished. Of course, there is 1 last option:- I could tinker with the BWP-installation file and change the spell-rev mod-listing to just after the spell 50 mod, with, hopefully, no issues.

So, that's my problem :- The best thing, of course, would be to edit the spell50 and spell-rev files, and install them in the right BWP-order(Ie spell-rev first), but the spell50 tp2 file is not as detailed as the spell-rev mod. not listing most of the spells it's supposed to change, which makes that impossible.

Archived