Quick announcement re: v17

cmorgan

v17 is pretty well ready to go, but before we toss this out into the wilds, please consider testing the beta release on two quests:

Tiax in Baldur's Gate, and various combinations of Jaheira's Quest with Faldorn.

I can provide a beta v17 if you PM me. Thank you!

coaster, thank you for the test and the report on Jahriea, add faldorn, playthrough...

May have run into a bug here...I'm in the Cloakwood with Khalid, Jaheira & Imoen. Got Jaheira's quest from Seniyad by going with the peaceful solution with Aldeth Sashenstar. Picked up Faldorn. Called in on Amarande who said his piece and disappeared. Went east and saved Beador (said to Faldorn we'd do do a deal - save the mines if they would released Beador & Maretha, but the druids wouldn't listen and attacked). Went back west to the Treehouse - Andarthe is outside but "has nothing to say". Amarande is nowhere to be found.

The first problem was I missed one EscapeArea() call in Amarande's file, where he warns Faldorn. He was not supposed to leave, becuase then he wouldn't be around for Faldorn's report. That is fixed in my development copy, buy finding x#jaqu.d, line 246, and deleting the EscapeArea(), then reinstalling.

The second is a little more difficult. If you bring Amarande back via CLUA, the "has nothing to say to you" or the "No valid Replies Or Links" happens because the report and reward (the whole reason to tinker in the first place) requires the following conditions:

x#faint.d

/* Faldorn Amarande after Mines flooded  */
CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-3 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#ReportAmarande","GLOBAL",1) OR(2) Global("FLOODED","GLOBAL",1) Global("FLOODED","GLOBAL",2) InParty("faldorn")~
THEN ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ AmaranFald2
@66
== ~%FALDORN_BANTER%~ @67
== ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ @68
== ~%FALDORN_BANTER%~ @69
== ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ @70
== ~%FALDORN_BANTER%~ @71
== ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ @72
DO ~SetGlobal("X#ReportAmarande","GLOBAL",2) GiveItemCreate("X#FASH01","faldorn",1,0,0)~
EXIT

and that means there is a potential loophole. I am working back through it.

OK, fixes. After removing that Escape Area on the warning (only happens if the quest is not started with Faldorn in the party, a big loophole - these now cover Faldorn not being there at the start and keep all materials without changing any dialog)

In F:\BG1NPC17_TUTU\bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d, added state

/* Faldorn Amarande fix */
CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-1 ~%BGT_VAR% InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) GlobalGT("X#JaheiraQuest","GLOBAL",0) Global("X#ReportAmarande","GLOBAL",0) Global("FLOODED","GLOBAL",0)~
THEN ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ AmaranFaldLoopMine1
@155
== ~%JAHEIRA_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("jaheira") InMyArea("jaheira") !StateCheck("jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) OR(2) Global("X#MarethaResBeadAlive","GLOBAL",2) Global("X#MarethaResBeadDead","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN @151
== ~%FALDORN_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @152
== ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ IF ~InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @153
== ~%FALDORN_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @154
== ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ IF ~InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @157
DO ~SetGlobal("X#ReportAmarande","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobal("X#AmarantheAndarthe","GLOBAL",2)~
EXIT

In F:\BG1NPC17_TUTU\bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#jaqu.d, added state

/* Faldorn Amarande with report but Jaheira Quest pretty much done */
CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-1 ~%BGT_VAR% InParty("faldorn") InMyArea("faldorn") !StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) GlobalGT("X#JaheiraQuest","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("X#AmarantheAndarthe","GLOBAL",0) Global("X#ReportAmarande","GLOBAL",1) Global("FLOODED","GLOBAL",0)~
THEN ~%tutu_var%AMARAN~ AmaranFaldLoopMine2
@65
== ~%FALDORN_BANTER%~ @63
EXIT

and placed both a DV on amarande and an EscapeArea for him on the giving of the quest item after the mines are flooded. Quick test from savedgame seems to work, but needs more intensive testing.

OK - do you want me to test? If so feel free to send me the revised x#jaqu.d file, then I'll reinstall and play from just before entering the druid map (I could have a go at incorporating these fixes manually but not sure where I need to insert these lines).

cheers

coaster

...and placed both a DV on amarande and an EscapeArea for him on the giving of the quest item after the mines are flooded. Quick test from savedgame seems to work, but needs more intensive testing.

Removed EscapeArea().

Archived