Permissions

-JR-

I've sent out a few messages of this variety, but that was before I was aware of certain etiquette, so whether or not they get answered I'll go ahead and post this. If for no other reason than to let you all know the degree this mod impressed me.

I'm thinking about writing a rather in-depth fanfiction of the entirety of the Baldur's Gate series, and was planning on featuring Angelo rather prominently in Shadows of Amn and probably Throne of Bhaal, using much of the work of this mod, with due credit given to his makers. I thought I’d do the polite thing and ask for permission from anyone who had a hand in making him, even though the writings might not even hit the internet.

Sure man, go right ahead :thumbsup:

I got your message just now; I'm just not around as much as I used to be. I personally think it's cool to PM whoever, so I wouldn't worry about it...

I've sent out a few messages of this variety, but that was before I was aware of certain etiquette, so whether or not they get answered I'll go ahead and post this. If for no other reason than to let you all know the degree this mod impressed me.

I'm thinking about writing a rather in-depth fanfiction of the entirety of the Baldur's Gate series, and was planning on featuring Angelo rather prominently in Shadows of Amn and probably Throne of Bhaal, using much of the work of this mod, with due credit given to his makers. I thought I’d do the polite thing and ask for permission from anyone who had a hand in making him, even though the writings might not even hit the internet.

I have to hand it to you. This mod really caught me off guard.

With Kivan and Xan, I knew going in that I loved the characters, and would probably enjoy the mods. But Angelo, he'd always stood out as kind of worthless in my mind, not adding anything to the game. I was kind of irritated when I saw that people had made a mod about him, and almost didn't download it. But, boredom overcame me, and as I saw how excellently done the other mods here were, I gave him a shot, and wow.. He went from one of my least favorite characters to one of my favorites.

Not that the other mods are any less well done, but jeez, you built this one up from nothing. Very well done.

:thumbsup: Thank you.

Hmm, I guess Angelo's one-year "anniversary" will be coming up soon...It's good to know people are still enjoying him.

I have to hand it to you. This mod really caught me off guard.

With Kivan and Xan, I knew going in that I loved the characters, and would probably enjoy the mods. But Angelo, he'd always stood out as kind of worthless in my mind, not adding anything to the game. I was kind of irritated when I saw that people had made a mod about him, and almost didn't download it. But, boredom overcame me, and as I saw how excellently done the other mods here were, I gave him a shot, and wow.. He went from one of my least favorite characters to one of my favorites.

Not that the other mods are any less well done, but jeez, you built this one up from nothing. Very well done.

I'm trying not to make too much of a food out of myself, but I am STILL in awe from this mod, and others like it (Kivan, Xan, etc). Random times in the day I'll be sitting there taking a complicated test on criminal law or studying for abnormal psych or whatever, and think, 'damn those people did a good job on the Angelo mod.' The guy is alive, way to go, Baldur's Gate maniacs. Keep it up.

I'm trying not to make too much of a food out of myself

Loved the typo not to speak up! :)

Seriously, though, I just got around to taking Angelo for a spin a couple of weeks ago (I think I let myself do a single BG run as an Xmas gift *chuckle*), and he's great. I do mostly female PCs (probably a side-effect of being female myself! :) ), so I tried out the romance as well.

Warning!! Minor spoilers ahead!

I loved that he didn't simply throw himself at your feet, that you had to pursue him. It made for interesting flirts and conversations. I wasn't pleasantly surprised by the little cutscene in Saradush: it was something my PC didn't expect, yet it stayed in character.

Another tidbit I liked was Imoen's reaction to Angelo when we meet up in Spellhold. Thank goodness they managed to... acclimate to one another.

All in all? Yeah, I think I can say 'damn those people did a good job on the Angelo mod', too. Great work! :)

Edit: I'm realizing just now that this post probably doesn't belong in the "Permissions" thread. Please forgive me!

Archived